Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely OTT stewarding outside family stand

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
NMH

Finished insulting FG?
Who has had "more hot dinners than you can think about"!

Your attitude and nature of your post reveals alot about yourself.
Hopefully not all the stewards at Withdean have the same outlook towards the fans as you?

Fazz they are virtually the same age!!

Mine is a reasoned argument, not a rant. I've been through all the hoolie years and am well aware of how football was and how it can sometimes be, but NOT at Withdean.

Was it you who suggested that the fact there's been no terrorists at Withdean is because we are all searched? That was pathetic.

Not entirely correct, I mentioned that searches discourage potential problems from such as suspicious packages.
One suspicious package and a game is called off, you do realise that don't you?
One disaster and we could lose the ground and the club - perhaps that aside is also passing you by.
"Respect" is when you as a customer are protected, your health and welfare preserved, and your view of the spectacle you paid for is uninterrupted for the duration of your visit. That's what stewards are there to do, and have been taking time to become trained for those purposes.
"Pathetic", is when you really refuse to see past the nose on your face, because that would mean conceding that you have been taught something and have become a little wiser. Pathetic is also arguing a point that has been deemed necessary, and proven fruitful by the organisation that oversees and makes these rules.
I would have thought you'd have got over this 'I fought the law but the law won' kind of attitude by now - but I am assuming you were fairly mature in age, at least.

NMH

Finished insulting FG?
Who has had "more hot dinners than you can think about"!

Your attitude and nature of your post reveals alot about yourself.
Hopefully not all the stewards at Withdean have the same outlook towards the fans as you?

Not that age has anything to do with this, but where you see I have 'insulted' FG..... is it by straightforward responses and information where required?
Would ignoring these mal-contentments be more respectful perhaps? Certainly easier and less time consuming to ignore, I would agree.

steward 433

"Fazz they are virtually the same age!!"

I guessed that.

I was hinting that from the maturity of NMH posts, he had not "grown up" quite as quickly as FG!! ???

Read my post above, to FG, and you will see that I see it another way.
Yes yes, you are DUTY bound to take one side and not the other, and I am a bad bad person, snore. I just can't be bothered to be an apologist for everyone who thinks stewards are concentration-camp bullies after taking on the training and focussing on the ultimate welfare of a crowd. Factors you will never appreciate and have already made up your mind to be dismissive about.....until something bad actually happens that directly affects you (more than a cursory look at who is being a part of the crowd surounding you by a quick search on the way in).

Time you got real, fazz.

give it up nmh and any other steward who posts on here,this thread has gone on long enough and got no where.stop posting and let it find page 2

no. (with all due respect, and I trust this response didn't resonate badly with you to the point of being completely alienated. Do come back and post some more sometime)

Anyway, why's it you think it's the stewards who ought to "give it up"? Are you suggesting that the opposing views are too tiresome, obstinate and boring for us to respond to?? tsk!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
no. (with all due respect, and I trust this response didn't resonate badly with you to the point of being completely alienated. Do come back and post some more sometime)

Anyway, why's it you think it's the stewards who ought to "give it up"? Are you suggesting that the opposing views are too tiresome, obstinate and boring for us to respond to?? tsk!

NMH

I did intend to arrange a “Plastic Windmills from McDonalds Day” next Saturday at Withdean to protest at the “over zealous” body searching and confiscation of things such as plastic windmill’s “snatched” from children last Saturday.

The protest is growing. But you and your fellow stewards can easily “back down” by showing that you do have a sense of humour.
Such as if you and them, were willing to clutch a plastic windmill from McDonalds ALL the time you conduct your duties next Saturday. And do so with a smile on your face? ???
ps I will arrange a range of colours for the plastic windmills if you are worried that stewards might not be happy with a particular colour and end up squabling!

NMH

I did intend to arrange a “Plastic Windmills from McDonalds Day” next Saturday at Withdean to protest at the “over zealous” body searching and confiscation of things such as plastic windmill’s “snatched” from children last Saturday.

The protest is growing. But you and your fellow stewards can easily “back down” by showing that you do have a sense of humour.
Such as if you and them, were willing to clutch a plastic windmill from McDonalds ALL the time you conduct your duties next Saturday. And do so with a smile on your face? ???
ps I will arrange a range of colours for the plastic windmills if you are worried that stewards might not be happy with a particular colour and end up squabling!

I will agree to this, as long as at the end of the day all stewards can than show their skills at windmill-arranging

in your bottom

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I will agree to this, as long as at the end of the day all stewards can than show their skills at windmill-arranging

in your bottom

NHM

I will put you down as a "yes".

Any particular colour windmill?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Never mind the windmill fazz, you should be more worried about the length and girth of the sticks!

NHM

"you should be more worried about the length and girth of the sticks!"

Out of interest? Did posting the above message on your keyboard also result in you having a "stirring in your pants?".

If you know what I mean? ???

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I was stirring my tea, using a windmill stick.
Thank of it as lube

Breaking news………………

There is a rumour circulating, that "self-appointed" spokesperson for Withdean Stewards NMH might have a sense of humour? After he allegedly posted a “joke” on a football messaging board.

NMH known by fellow stewards and fans alike as “Olde Stoneface“, is known for his “zero” tolerance towards Brighton fans trying to gain entry into the ground. Particularly law abiding STH's.

That people might think he has a sense of humour, will come as bitter news to NMH. Who is still “smarting” after the FA, the Club and local Police over-ruled his request last year. For every fan trying to "gain entry" to Withdean be personally “strip-searched” by him!

Breaking news………………

There is a rumour circulating, that "self-appointed" spokesperson for Withdean Stewards NMH might have a sense of humour? After he allegedly posted a “joke” on a football messaging board.

NMH known by fellow stewards and fans alike as “Olde Stoneface“, is known for his “zero” tolerance towards Brighton fans trying to gain entry into the ground. Particularly law abiding STH's.

That people might think he has a sense of humour, will come as bitter news to NMH. Who is still “smarting” after the FA, the Club and local Police over-ruled his request last year. For every fan trying to "gain entry" to Withdean be personally “strip-searched” by him!

You have to specially request me, at the turnstiles Fazz.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
You have to specially request me, at the turnstiles Fazz.

NMH

You dont frighten me.

I will be there on Saturday, clutching my plastic windmill from McDonalds, and I will make a point of asking specifically for "Olde Stoneface" to search me.

As my Old man used to say "you are all mouth and no trousers"! ???

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
NMH

You dont frighten me.

I will be there on Saturday, clutching my plastic windmill from McDonalds, and I will make a point of asking specifically for "Olde Stoneface" to search me.

As my Old man used to say "you are all mouth and no trousers"! ???

You'll be out of luck buddy,only response stewards with door badges do the searching and NMH is neither.Sorry to disappoint

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
this thread is officially boring. Please MODs put it out of its misery and wrap it up.

THE END (hopefully)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here