Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common everyday misconceptions that drive you mad

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One that gets me is pushing somebody in a wheelchair. So many people will talk to the pusher and totally ignore the person in the wheelchair as if they are mentally and well as physically challenged.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
whenever anyone looks at danny seagull they think he's got a weener. But really it's MAHOOSIVE and like a babys arm.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
People who coem up to me in the street or to my daughter saying "hello, hello how are you'

Well done. I am English but I also speak Turkish you dumb f*** and saying hello hello how are you with no more language is a total waste of your and my time and it doesnt make you clever.

My daughter just stares down her nose at them in contempt (pretty good for a 4 year old).

The other are the poeple who come and stand near my daughter and I when we are speaking in English and just stare. We have both perfected our staring back and talking to them in turkish which makes them all embarassed.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
People who coem up to me in the street or to my daughter saying "hello, hello how are you'

Well done. I am English but I also speak Turkish you dumb f*** and saying hello hello how are you with no more language is a total waste of your and my time and it doesnt make you clever.

My daughter just stares down her nose at them in contempt (pretty good for a 4 year old).

The other are the poeple who come and stand near my daughter and I when we are speaking in English and just stare. We have both perfected our staring back and talking to them in turkish which makes them all embarassed.

This is very annoying in foreign countries when you can actually speak their language. Why do they start talking to me in English when they are just awful!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is very annoying in foreign countries when you can actually speak their language. Why do they start talking to me in English when they are just awful!

In some, not all countries that's considered good manners as the person doesn't want you to think that they can't speak English. However, in France for example, typically it's an insult.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
People that think mathematics is really just arithmetic, and those that think that if you are an electrical engineer you rewire houses.

Stumpy Tim

You get upset because someone asks how you are? f*** me, you're a tough crowd

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You get upset because someone asks how you are? f*** me, you're a tough crowd

Was thinking exactly the same thing! How the f*** does he know you speak Turkish? He probably assumes, quite rightly that most english cannot be arsed to learn another language and so to avoid wasting his time speaks in English.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Because i work as a painter & decorator everyone thinks i want to go paint their houses for them. Even worse they expect me to do it for free.
I wouldn't expect a chef to come cook for me in my house or a cleaner to come & clean for free

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
People that think mathematics is really just arithmetic, and those that think that if you are an electrical engineer you rewire houses.

I would agree with that and only only did electronics to A-level, but people used to assume that because I did electronics I could somehow reprogramme their computer... um, no.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
The fact that Im a bit of a gay does not automaticaly mean :

a/ I have floppy wrists
b/ Dance with my hands above my head
c/ Worship Lady Gaga and or Girls aloud
d/ Think Pride is the best thing since sliced dildos (Infact I disagree with the whole concept, surely if we are all supposed to be treated the same, there should also be a straight pride march.... or no marchs at all?! Get over yourselves ffs)
e/ Prefer reality tv to football
etc etc.......

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The fact that Im a bit of a gay does not automaticaly mean :

a/ I have floppy wrists
b/ Dance with my hands above my head
c/ Worship Lady Gaga and or Girls aloud
d/ Think Pride is the best thing since sliced dildos (Infact I disagree with the whole concept, surely if we are all supposed to be treated the same, there should also be a straight pride march.... or no marchs at all?! Get over yourselves ffs)
e/ Prefer reality tv to football
etc etc.......

Are you Brett Mendoza?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3582190 said:
3) If you don't understand modern art, you're an ignorant, ill-educated dinosaur. No it's just shit.

This. Apparantly in some quarters you ae also tarred with this is you dont like Radiohead.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
That students are lazy scroungers who don't bathe. When most i've known are hard working & their hygene has been better than the average person

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Personally when someone tries to speak my language to me in a foreign country - I'm impressed with their effort. Spose its different when you live there....

Might be easier though to say back to them in Turkish "well done good effort" orsomething similar, better to teach your child understanding than disrespect, just my opinion though...

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
When people find out I'm Gay and say, "Oh, do you know my friend Michael?-He's a hairdresser"....................

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Personally its when people say, ooh I hear your accent where are you from, like I'm going to lump then when they guess wrong....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here