Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Taking any guesses at the collective IQ of the posters? Starting at 150.

When we talk about them, it's all just banter and a bit (lot) of calling Adkins a wanker, at least we're not racist...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
They seem very confident, setting themselves up for an almighty fall when we play them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"If we get something it will be spectacular. We are going to be in every single newspaper and on TV talking about how we stopped Southampton, which is great.”

:facepalm:

I do wish Gus would tone down the hyperbole a bit.
Winning at Southampton would not be a "spectacular" result at all. Desirable of course, surprising maybe, but we're not playing at Old Trafford are we. Yes they are top at the moment, but top of the same division we are in. Its just another League game.

He's making us sound like Torquay on a cup run.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Landsdowne saint says...
3:40pm Wed 9 Nov 11
'other teams were coming to us with nothing to lose' no one wanted to go to the Withdean for a start and you wasn't the team to beat last season we were,our rivalry reinvented your club along with a new stadium and the announcement Fatboy Slim is to play the Ammex lol

:facepalm: :tosser:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am starting to dislike Southampton more than Palace...sorry about that :blush:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
How can they say that they were the team to beat last season when we were top of the league for the majority of the season?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Indeed, only seems like 6 months ago that we were untouchable, 10 points clear, 30 home league games unbeaten & winning the title with a month to play

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Lets not start this tedious guff with Saints fans again shall we, they're just another side in the league that we are in.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
blimey! what is that bloke on there waffling on about, something involving a rivalry, planning application and Fatboy Slim... i genuinely didn't understand him. can anybody translate village idiot to something approaching understandable please?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Gus say something along the lines of them being outstanding and the team to beat?

Massively complimentary.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why not? Have you become board monitor? There is build up to every game, this constitutes build up.

Becase it is TEDIOUS and inevitably some bore will come on here and tell us we are obsessed or something and it wont be long till we are invaded by Sains fans again in some binfest for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll just avoind any threads concerning Southampton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can they say that they were the team to beat last season when we were top of the league for the majority of the season?

In their eyes it was never down to league position - they percieved themselves to be The Team To Beat last season simply because they are Southampton FC - "a Premier League team on loan to the third division". Its an arrogant viewpoint, but there is an element of truth in it. Ask most L1 fans League who they'd most like to beat that season (outside of their own parochial rivalries), and Southampton would probably be seen as the biggest scalp, just based on their recent history of being in the top 2 leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here