Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colston Four Cleared

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No I didn't, what a limp wristed response to the topic being discussed LMFAO, let's have more damage too statues by mob handed middle class students eh

Regards
DF

You might damage to towns by mobbed handed football hoolies though ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"Two wrongs don't make one right"

Okay, so if I come across a statue, who I do not believe to be a hero or thought they may have been a very naughty boy.

So I can damage and remove the statue without any criminal damages........................game on then.

It's this sort of judgment that will see repeat offending. No doubt they are being plotted as we speak.

Isn't this one rule for them a different rule for everyone else scenario?

If you think that you could argue in court that your act was legitimate, yes.

Smash EDO provoked a situation where they would be taken to court for criminal damage, in order to show that it was defendable. They had earlier been forced to accept an out of court settlement from EDO who had taken them to court for harassment of staff, by a bit of sneaky stuff from Kier Starmer in his previous role.

I expect you could even defend taking a piss on a Policeman, if he was on fire, so long as you had not just deliberately set him alight.

Context is everything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Two wrongs don't make one right"

Okay, so if I come across a statue, who I do not believe to be a hero or thought they may have been a very naughty boy.

So I can damage and remove the statue without any criminal damages........................game on then.

It's this sort of judgment that will see repeat offending. No doubt they are being plotted as we speak.

Isn't this one rule for them a different rule for everyone else scenario?

I think there’s a whole other set of laws pertaining to that! :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1479003784596664320[/tweet]

[tweet]1479006745150345218[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Personally, I see both sides of this argument as valid. I agree with the verdict and the act but I can also see why people might have concerns about people tearing down statues, no matter how abhorrent the subject of the tribute. I totally understand why it could be unsettling for some people.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You can't have folks going round pulling down statues of people they don't like. If this continues there'll be no statues left.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
probably a very left wing hand picked jury to get the verdict to cause the minimum fuss and backlash so the story can just disappear and everyone can move on

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm loving reading about these Universities that have removed statues and renamed buildings that have been associated with this historic and barbaric practice; have yet to read about any of them returning money / buildings and land to the families. Can't have it all ways?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
probably a very left wing hand picked jury to get the verdict to cause the minimum fuss and backlash so the story can just disappear and everyone can move on

Has anyone on Nsc, who has done jury service, ever been questioned about their political leanings, in the jury room?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm loving reading about these Universities that have removed statues and renamed buildings that have been associated with this historic and barbaric practice; have yet to read about any of them returning money / buildings and land to the families. Can't have it all ways?

Good point - but a huge amount of this country's wealth was built on plundering the rest of the world....when do we start making the reparations?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Has anyone on Nsc, who has done jury service, ever been questioned about their political leanings, in the jury room?

I've done it twice and have never been asked about my political leanings at any point of the whole process.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

sort of neutralises much criticism of proposed legislation. the laws can go on the statue books but if a jury finds a protest or action is justified, they'll acquit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
sort of neutralises much criticism of proposed legislation. the laws can go on the statue books but if a jury finds a protest or action is justified, they'll acquit.

Yes I agree, I think the point is more that the Government might find it can't achieve it's stated (and unstated for that matter) aims in the way it thinks it can with this blunt force legislation, as there is a point at which the public simply will not put up with authoritarianism.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's an interesting aside that NSC will immediately ban any Palace fan who still misunderstands on here that Lewis Dunk was cleared of all charges in his case.

Why does a minority of NSC think it's ok to continue to misrepresent these cleared defendants? They are Not Guilty. End of.

Because the verdict offends their political beliefs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good point - but a huge amount of this country's wealth was built on plundering the rest of the world....when do we start making the reparations?

I think we already are.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Because the verdict offends their political beliefs.
Cuts both ways, can you imagine what this thread would look like if a mob from the opposite side of the cculture war had smashed something up and been acquitted ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here