Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin out at QPR?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'm a QPR supporter and although I don't agree with this decision, it isn't exactly a surprise.

When a rich guy puts millions of his own money into a football club, he feels like he dutybound to meddle.

Warnock did wonders last year to get us promoted with very little money to spend.

I doubt many other managers could have got the performances he got out of Adel Taarabt.

He earnt the right to see if he could keep us up imo.

Can we have Gus please?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have a soft spot for QPR from watching them in the days of Sir Les. I was looking forward to watching Warnock take them down. I am pleased he has gone - I can look forward to hoping they stay up again.

No - you can't have Gus. In any case I suspect it is going to be "a name".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that this could be the end of him as a manager as I am sure he will retire to his farm and possibly do a bit of TV work. Cant see him going to another club unless possibly Ipswich come in for him but then again Bristol Rovers have sacked their manager and he has a farm down in the west country and stranger things have happened. They could employ him as the figurehead No 1 and young helpers as No 2 and coach as he must have many good contacts in the game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Old fashioned manager, the game has moved on. I like his TV persona though, I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up during live coverage.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very surprised that Warnock's been sacked. QPR played well and some good football at the Emirates last week (only losing 1-0 to Arsenal) and can't believe they're 17th on the strength of their plucky approach to this season.

I don't know who they'll get in. Dave Jones or Billy Davies would be a good choice but they'll probably go for someone like Mark Hughes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know who they'll get in. Dave Jones or Billy Davies would be a good choice but they'll probably go for someone like Mark Hughes.

In their position in the league I cannot see either of those two being considered more likely to be considered if Ipswich sack J Paul Jewell

What is Benitez doing now as he is a name that may appeal to Fernandez.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looks like we'll have another London team in the Championship next season. Getting rid of Warnock is about as dumb a move as QPR could make, he's a very good manager and deserved better. Hope they continue to spiral down the league.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Hughes is hopeless. Flatters to decieve. Book your tickets to Loftus Road. That is if we don't pass then on the way up

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BVad move by QPR, they're be playing us next year. Warnock has said a lot of nice things about us over the years and he's a very good manager.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Think that this could be the end of him as a manager as I am sure he will retire to his farm and possibly do a bit of TV work. Cant see him going to another club unless possibly Ipswich come in for him but then again Bristol Rovers have sacked their manager and he has a farm down in the west country and stranger things have happened. They could employ him as the figurehead No 1 and young helpers as No 2 and coach as he must have many good contacts in the game.

Apparently, Plymouth fans are getting excited about the idea of getting him as manager, based on the fact he lives 15 miles from there. Would be good for them.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
That would be a good appointment for them and I wouldnt think that money would be his prime motive.

Depends if he wants another job in football so soon. Also the contract with qpr and settlement deal might mean he can't work until next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that any compensation paid would stipulate that he cant take a job in the Premier or Championship as I cant see that him getting a job in Div 2 would affect them. Wasnt it McGhee who we sacked and paid his wages for a time because we couldnt afford a straight pay off and he couldnt take an other job while receiving money from us.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Joseph Barton [MENTION=13465]joey[/MENTION]7Barton 2m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things! #shutitwarnock

Joseph Barton [MENTION=13465]joey[/MENTION]7Barton 2m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo. 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised. #3ptsneeded

Surprised it took so long.....

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things! #shutitwarnock

Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo. 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised. #3ptsneeded

Surprised it took so long.....

Well Warnock has been slagging him off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here