Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins to sign

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
For " no-nonsense" read: a hard man who's going to win a lot of headers, hoof the ball and kick a few people. We all know you have to have someone like that in the side in this division. He'll probably take a few out with that nose too. Good to see us get someone signed up so early in the close season. Shows we mean business in strengthening the squad.

Yes but with a name like Colin Hawkins he sounds more like a Science Teacher..now if he was called Spud McGraw that would sound more 'no nonsense' centre half!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
This is MA's first albion signing since ROBBIE PETHICK.

Will Hawkins be better or worse than Robbie? I know alot of people didn't rate him but I was quite a fan of Pethick, during 2002/03 anyway, when he played under Coppell he actually looked quite good.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I am very pleased with this early signing. I concur with everyone calling for Stephen Gillespie from Cheltenham. Some guy on the Argus posted that he was coming and that is was a "done deal" apparently from reliable source. Probably utter bull but was wondering if anyone else had heard of something similar. BHA would be a great club for SG - he probably is not ready for championship football but could gel in with the team and push for promotion next year. Plus cheltenham can not compare with London by the sea. Have we teh wages though?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
anyways what is the stigma to being a science teacher Col?
None, I suppose - they're clever at least. But did you mean as a compliment then? *hissyfit*

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As a youngster(!) I had a manager at Sainsburys called Colin Hawkins.. he looked like Ronnie Kray

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Very positive......we normally sign our players in the days before the window shuts........ this always smacks 0f the runt of the litter.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
As a youngster(!) I had a manager at Sainsburys called Colin Hawkins.. he looked like Ronnie Kray

Oh dear, some bread seems to be on the wrong shelf.

My bruvver doesn't like it when bread is on the wrong shelf, he gets clumsy and BREAKS THINGS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here