Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins to sign

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I say give him a chance, but in reality will he be content with being 3rd choice centre back behind Elphick and Lynch?

A bit of competition is always a good thing. If El-Abd leaves then we'll need the cover as well

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have you seen him play.? Thats a stupid comment to make Frank.Jesus wet lets give him a chance.

A bloke that makes one appearance for a struggling Championship side ? Let's face it hardly ANYONE has seen him play. Well done Spence, also, I hear he votes Labour.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
1 of 2 Cov players I heard we were after last week, the other was Birchall.

Spicer from Burnley was another name I heard and some winger at Bournemouth but can't recall the name.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea who he is or how good he is but I'd never heard of Oatway, Carpenter, Zamora, Jones (except that he'd scored rather a good late goal against us for Southend), Lehman, Campbell I had heard of only as he had scored a cracker against us for Cambridge, Cullip or Watson.

Most of that lot turned out to be very good so I'll look forward to seeing him play and hope he's one of Adams good ones. At least he's played for him before which neither Campbell or Lehman had so he'll know what he's getting

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I thinks its a typical Mickey Adams signing, along the lines of Crosby or Morgan. We need defensive cover and to be honest his pedigree is more than good enough to fit the bill. Its not an exciting signing but it was a necessary one.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
41F199AB-E14A-56F2-F0FA94E12B6587D8.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thinks its a typical Mickey Adams signing, along the lines of Crosby or Morgan. We need defensive cover and to be honest his pedigree is more than good enough to fit the bill. Its not an exciting signing but it was a necessary one.

I think that somes it up quite well. :)

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
1 of 2 Cov players I heard we were after last week, the other was Birchall.

Spicer from Burnley was another name I heard and some winger at Bournemouth but can't recall the name.

I also heard the Spicer and the Birchall rumour, Would love to believe them but can't be 100% sure.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
can't believe people are writing the bloke off with out ever seeing him play !

his record is very similar to a number 10 we had on loan earlier last season

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Updated on the Wikipedia now.

If Kebab stays then maybe he's seen as a midfielder

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'd Like to see him along side Elphick with Lynch at left back? if we dont sign richards..

Lynch's best position is centre-half, lets keep him there. The few times I've seen him at left-back he's always been skinned by the opposing winger.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The fact that we have managed to secure him early on and that we beat of a host of clubs would suggest that he is keen to play for us and obviously highly sought after if the transfer issue came to head early on. There are going to be plenty of players who are left without a great deal of options and would be delighted to sign up for another team so quickly. :ludicrousoptimism:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
For " no-nonsense" read: a hard man who's going to win a lot of headers, hoof the ball and kick a few people. We all know you have to have someone like that in the side in this division. He'll probably take a few out with that nose too. Good to see us get someone signed up so early in the close season. Shows we mean business in strengthening the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here