Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins - Not good enough

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Went completely missing for the first goal.

Stupidly bundled a bloke over to concede the penalty...his second of the season.

Get rid of the lumbering oaf please Micky. :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't get excited about him either, he is a liability and would like to see either Virgo or El Abd pairing up in central defence with Tommy

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he is a quality defender, when fit. He is so unbeliveably obviously not fit, its not funny, yet Adams HAS to play him, instead of a great Virgo.

Hawkins unfit has lead to us conceeding goals against Orient, Cheltenham, NOrthampton, Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers

in answer to your question, he is good enough, but not like now, when he is unfit

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd agree with all of them bar Bristol Rovers. Was a harsh penalty to say the least and one the ref had been dying to give for about an hour of that game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But Virgo and Hawkins HAVE to play.

The velvet BAG says so.

Poor Hawkins he has a HERNIA op and is thrown straight back in. We didnt miss him against Man City. I thought it took at least 6 weeks to recover from an op but there he is in the team after about 3 days.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Hmm,not sure myself.

I was a long way from the penalty but it looked like he got the ball to me.

You cant fault him for the 1st goal, that was totally Kuipers fault.

Saying all that, we need pace at the back as well as a decent header - we had no pace at the back at all tonight so Elphick & Hawkins cant play together IMO.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Went completely missing for the first goal.

Stupidly bundled a bloke over to concede the penalty...his second of the season.

Get rid of the lumbering oaf please Micky. :clap:

Why must people be so nasty with their criticism, and to use a clap as thought it's something to be celebrated? He was brilliant for us at he beginning of the season (right up until his op, which means 3 games he hasn't been that good) it's not a case of getting rid of him it's a case of resting him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why must people be so nasty with their criticism. He was brilliant for us at he beginning of the season (right up until his op, which means 3 games he hasn't been that good) it's not a case of getting rid of him it's a case of resting him.

And letting him RECOVER from his hernia op.

D

Deleted User X18H

he is an effective centre back he wins a majority of his headers he reminds me of Tony Adams (no not him out of crossroads) great in the air shit on the floor anyone dribbling towards him he will say 'what can I do I can't head that!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Absolutely. I find it quite incredible that a man can have a HERNIA operation and be back in the team within a week. It's not rocket science to realise that anyone needs time to recover from that sort of injury, and it's no wonder he is playing poorly.

Absolutely everything you've said, since you were un-banned, I agree with.

Good Job. :smokin:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
he is a quality defender, when fit. He is so unbeliveably obviously not fit, its not funny, yet Adams HAS to play him, instead of a great Virgo.

Hawkins unfit has lead to us conceeding goals against Orient, Cheltenham, Northampton, Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers

in answer to your question, he is good enough, but not like now, when he is unfit

Sorry Brett but there is nothing quality about Hawkins.

- Not as dominant in the air as he should be.

- Positionally he is poor and often gets the wrong side of his man.

- Is awful when he has the ball.

- As the more experienced defender he rarely seems to do any organising.

- Too slow.

- Not as good a centre back as Lynch, El Abd, Elphic or Virgo.

= Waste of wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

- Not as dominant in the air as he should be.

- Positionally he is poor and often gets the wrong side of his man.

- Is awful when he has the ball.

- As the more experienced defender he rarely seems to do any organising.

- Too slow.

- Not as good a centre back as Lynch, El Abd, Elphic or Virgo.

= Waste of wages.

I'm sure I've read this from you before last season...about Guy Butters :p

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would rather Butters was playing instead of Hawkins.

Positionally he was better and at least Elphick and co seemed to be learning from playing alongside him.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

- Not as dominant in the air as he should be. Not now because he cant jump as he has a dodgy groin. He cant even kick a ball 20 yards

- Positionally he is poor and often gets the wrong side of his man. He is slow and Elphick is slow, so they sit too deep together. Since his injury he hasnt been on the wrong side of his man, as he knows he cant catch them, so sits off them (but still gets beat)

- Is awful when he has the ball. Not disagreeing with that, Only Lynch is any cop on the ball when it comes to our defenders

- As the more experienced defender he rarely seems to do any organising. How experienced is he?, he hasnt played 30 games in this country before he joined us

- Too slow. Agree, even more embarrassing since the op

- Not as good a centre back as Lynch, El Abd, Elphick or Virgo. I have only seen him play 3 games before his operation, and I thought he was up there with the ones you mentioned. Agreed since the op, he is terrible

= Waste of wages. I dont think so, as when he is fit, he is quality

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Hawk reminded me of Danny Cullip on a bad day last night. Hopefully he'll recover his early season form soon.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
- Not as dominant in the air as he should be. Not now because he cant jump as he has a dodgy groin. He cant even kick a ball 20 yards

- Positionally he is poor and often gets the wrong side of his man. He is slow and Elphick is slow, so they sit too deep together. Since his injury he hasnt been on the wrong side of his man, as he knows he cant catch them, so sits off them (but still gets beat)

- Is awful when he has the ball. Not disagreeing with that, Only Lynch is any cop on the ball when it comes to our defenders

- As the more experienced defender he rarely seems to do any organising. How experienced is he?, he hasnt played 30 games in this country before he joined us

- Too slow. Agree, even more embarrassing since the op

- Not as good a centre back as Lynch, El Abd, Elphick or Virgo. I have only seen him play 3 games before his operation, and I thought he was up there with the ones you mentioned. Agreed since the op, he is terrible

= Waste of wages. I dont think so, as when he is fit, he is quality

Positionally I meant he often gets easily turned by the forward because he gets infront of them too much and does not have the pace to get back when he fails to win the first ball.

I agree that he is not experienced as such but when I suggested that when he signed NSC SLATED me. According to 'The Hawk' fans and Micky Adams his experience was one of the plus points of signing him. I don't see that experience in evidence at all and I would even question whether he was more experienced than El Abd and Virgo anyway...

We have four centre backs other than Hawkins who are all at the very least AS good. IF Hinsh ever comes back that is five. And Andy Whing can play there. Hawkins wages, which I am assuming are not going to be a pittance as he dropped down a division, would have been better spent elsewhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
he had a few good games, not outstanding as everyone says they were against poor oppo, since then injury or not he has been a liability. My thinking is he was playing above himself for a few games, but is now playing how he has done at the other clubs he was at, basically not good enough to deserve a starting place. Would put him on the bench as he is alright cover, its not going to be pretty him against Beckford

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Positionally I meant he often gets easily turned by the forward because he gets infront of them too much and does not have the pace to get back when he fails to win the first ball.

I agree that he is not experienced as such but when I suggested that when he signed NSC SLATED me. According to 'The Hawk' fans and Micky Adams his experience was one of the plus points of signing him. I don't see that experience in evidence at all and I would even question whether he was more experienced than El Abd and Virgo anyway...

We have four centre backs other than Hawkins who are all at the very least AS good. IF Hinsh ever comes back that is five. And Andy Whing can play there. Hawkins wages, which I am assuming are not going to be a pittance as he dropped down a division, would have been better spent elsewhere.

Im not going to into ins and out of a centre back, as I know you play there, and I dont. I completely agree with your views when he is injured. He has been at fault for goals in the last 4 games.

Hinsh is the best centre back I have seen play for the club, will probably mean Adams will play him right wing.

I too have said I think we have more experienced defenders than HAwkins at the club, but I cant be bothered to dig up the old threads. I think he is a great player, but I dont understand why Adams keeps picking him despite being so clearly not recovered from his operation.

Maybe its trying to justify his wages, who knows?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Point is we DIDNT miss him against Man City so why is he back in the team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here