Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins - Not good enough

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely. I find it quite incredible that a man can have a HERNIA operation and be back in the team within a week. It's not rocket science to realise that anyone needs time to recover from that sort of injury, and it's no wonder he is playing poorly.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wake up, Thicky Adams. It's f***ing OBVIOUS!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hinsh is the best centre back I have seen play for the club, QUOTE]

You obviously havent been watching BHA very long then, in recent times he is not as good as, Morgan, Cullip, Butters ven when he was at his best prior to his spate of injuries. I wont bother to go back further to the likes of Graham Cross, Norman Gall etc. In fact I would go as far as to say it is debatable as to whether he is as good or better than Adam Virgo at centre back.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hinsh is the best centre back I have seen play for the club, QUOTE]

You obviously havent been watching BHA very long then, in recent times he is not as good as, Morgan, Cullip, Butters ven when he was at his best prior to his spate of injuries. I wont bother to go back further to the likes of Graham Cross, Norman Gall etc. In fact I would go as far as to say it is debatable as to whether he is as good or better than Adam Virgo at centre back.

I am in my 21st season watching the team. I forgot about Morgan, maybe he would pip Hinshlewood despite being 75 and not being able to walk after games. He was class.

Cullip, I loved his attitude and commitment, but maybe questions some of his defending. I still think A fit HInshlewood was better than a fit Cullip. Butters brought so much to the team other than defending, but still a great player at that. Sadly I dont think we will see the best of Hinsh again.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
he had a few good games, not outstanding as everyone says they were against poor oppo, since then injury or not he has been a liability. My thinking is he was playing above himself for a few games, but is now playing how he has done at the other clubs he was at, basically not good enough to deserve a starting place. Would put him on the bench as he is alright cover, its not going to be pretty him against Beckford
I agree that he wasn't "outstanding" in the opening games. He was merely decent, and even then he did make a couple of mistakes. He's cost as as many goals so far this season as Elphick did in the entirety of last season. I know the injury isn't helping him but I think the sad truth is he's not very good.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
Definetly Ive Thought This All Season Hes A Complete Liability.

His Positioning Is Awful To Be Honest Butters Last Season With Us Was Better

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have been unimpressed with this season, along with Whing.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
What annoys me is everyone says "don't blame Hawkins, he's injured"

Yes he has recently had surgery but if he is starting games he is fit enough to play. It is just blatantly obvious that he isn't good enough.

It seems he had a few decent games and everyone suddenly thinks he's solid as a rock.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was watching him really closely last night because so many people have knocked him on here, and it was weird. Alhough he's copped the flak for the goals, he was MUCH more involved than Elphick overall.. winning loads of headers and generally leading the back line.

It would be very wrong to write him off I think..

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Yes he has recently had surgery but if he is starting games he is fit enough to play. It is just blatantly obvious that he isn't good enough.

It seems he had a few decent games and everyone suddenly thinks he's solid as a rock.

People are cutting him slack because he is injured. I dont blame him. He has cost us goals, but is down to the manager for justifying his selection, and that is where the blame lies. Especially when it is so RUDDY obvious

Stumpy Tim

I think you're missing the point with Hawkins. It's clearly in Virgo's contract that Adam must play in every single league game, and he cannot play in defence. That's obvious.

Either that or Adams is a THICKY

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Was fantastic early season and was great at Yeovil.
Whetjer due to his injury or not he has been poor recently and should be dropped but that does not make him a bad player or a waste of wages.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

So, he had a few decent games when he was fit, but this counts for nothing? He's now playing whilst injured, as we don'thave much cover and those performances count for nothing?

Seems some people like to attack any player Adam's has brought in for the sake of it. Very harsh.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why must people be so nasty with their criticism, and to use a clap as thought it's something to be celebrated? He was brilliant for us at he beginning of the season (right up until his op, which means 3 games he hasn't been that good) it's not a case of getting rid of him it's a case of resting him.

Look who posted, it's good old WW who's initials really stand for 'Whata Wanker'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here