Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Coldplay concerts next year

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I started yesterday 6000 in the queue. Got to the front. Could not get five tickets unless I went for the 300 quid Wembley experience ones. We will take a city break as a family instead.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It remains one of life's mysteries when so many people trash Coldplay when all the evidence is there to see they are a magnificent group, brilliant live, one of the best in the World with a fantastic catelgoue of songs but hey ho such is life

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It remains one of life's mysteries when so many people trash Coldplay when all the evidence is there to see they are a magnificent group, brilliant live, one of the best in the World with a fantastic catelgoue of songs but hey ho such is life
Could equally be rewritten 'It always amazes me when people have a different taste from one another'.

Imagine how boring life would be if we all valued everything equally.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They don’t cross the threshold of being a band I’d go a see live but I loved A Rush of Blood to the Head. I bought the album and the guitar tab book. Unlike a band like Radiohead, there seems to be no development, experimental element or originality about their work but I get that they have some cracking songs. I wonder if their work will be around in 100 years time and if they’ll be seen as an important influential band or just a popular band who made some decent music but nothing that changed the dial in a historical sense of the popular music cannon.

There are another half dozen Coldplay songs that I really like outside of the previously mentioned album but unfortunately, there is a lot of stuff I just can’t stomach (like Yellow) so unless I’m picking the set-list, I just wouldn’t enjoy at least half the gig. I can’t be a proper fan if I dislike their their Spotify top 5!

IMG_5857.jpeg

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They don’t cross the threshold of being a band I’d go a see live but I loved A Rush of Blood to the Head. I bought the album and the guitar tab book. Unlike a band like Radiohead, there seems to be no development, experimental element or originality about their work but I get that they have some cracking songs. I wonder if there work will be around in 100 years time and if they’ll be seen as an important influential band or just a popular band who made some debut music but nothing that changed the dial in a historical sense.

There are another half dozen Coldplay songs that I really like outside of the previously mentioned album but unfortunately, there is a lot of stuff I just can’t stomach (like Yellow) so unless I’m picking the set-list, I just wouldn’t enjoy at least half the gig.
Not commenting on Coldplay particularly, but I'm pretty sure you're more likely to be remembered in 100years if you've written a bunch of cracking tunes rather than being important or influential at the time.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Could equally be rewritten 'It always amazes me when people have a different taste from one another'.

Imagine how boring life would be if we all valued everything equally.
I get what he means though. They’re so widely trashed in the UK yet they sell out 10x Wembley dates with resale prices over £300 per ticket in the gods, it is weird 😂

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Probably because they are one of those hyped up by radio stations type of bands.
When I say radio stations I don’t include Radio 6, more like one of the several same acts always on Heart FM commercial type stations

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not commenting on Coldplay particularly, but I'm pretty sure you're more likely to be remembered in 100years if you've written a bunch of cracking tunes rather than being important or influential at the time.
Do you remember Paul Whiteman from 100 years ago? He recorded a lot of popular songs but was arguably the Coldplay of his time.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
First album very good , second album a masterpiece , next two were good if patchy .
Recent attempts at down with the kids type music have been appalling.
So i have no intention of encouraging Chris Martin’s embarrassing midlife crisis by attending these shows.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Coldplay are one of those bands that everyone has to tell you their feelings on.

And as I'm a human, here are mine:

Loved Parachutes - it is/was a lovely little album.

Liked Rush of blood to the head - there are/were some great songs on it.

I drifted away from the third album on.

I saw them at Glastonbury a few weeks before/after they released Yellow, just as they sat on the cusp of stardom. I then saw them touring Rush of Blood - I think it was at Alexandra Palace but a quick google says they didnt play there. I'm convinced they did.

Both times they were really good. I doubt they've got worse, probably better so if you have a ticket have fun, I'm sure they're going to be great.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
They don’t cross the threshold of being a band I’d go a see live but I loved A Rush of Blood to the Head. I bought the album and the guitar tab book. Unlike a band like Radiohead, there seems to be no development, experimental element or originality about their work but I get that they have some cracking songs. I wonder if their work will be around in 100 years time and if they’ll be seen as an important influential band or just a popular band who made some decent music but nothing that changed the dial in a historical sense of the popular music cannon.

There are another half dozen Coldplay songs that I really like outside of the previously mentioned album but unfortunately, there is a lot of stuff I just can’t stomach (like Yellow) so unless I’m picking the set-list, I just wouldn’t enjoy at least half the gig. I can’t be a proper fan if I dislike their their Spotify top 5!

View attachment 189504
Guitar tab book? I could not name you their guitarist and I'll wager he wont make top 100 guitarists of all time!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Do you remember Paul Whiteman from 100 years ago? He recorded a lot of popular songs but was arguably the Coldplay of his time.
No, in that I'd literally never heard of him.
Although I gather he played with Bix Beiderbecke who I have heard of due to the Beiderbecke Tapes.
I may well have heard of him if he was a noted writer rather than primarily a recording and performing artist. In a similar way, I understand that Bach was primarily known in his own time for his organ playing and only became widely known as a composer much later.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m very much in the “if something on here is of no interest to you keep quiet about it” camp.
We’re all different and we like different things and my late mother always said “if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all”
anyhoo….

Coldplay are fuckin shit.

[I feel so much better now]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here