Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Coldplay concerts next year

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Liked the early stuff then lost interest but Mrs loves them, and the newer stuff does grow on you. Was in presale yesterday, 886th in the queue and booked the tickets by 9.10am. Very easy and couldn't believe it was so straight forward, thought i would struggle like the Oasis farce. Actually looking forward to seeing them again and can't wait.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Mrs Exile likes them and saw them with her at the Brighton Centre and a couple of stadiums. Not what I listen to but always a very enjoyable live experience - would go again if she wanted to and if it's not too late will see about this tour. I think the best job in the world must be being in Coldplay while being anyone but Chris Martin. All the money, fun, creative satisfaction and adoration whenever you want it that comes from being in one of the world's most successful bands, but being anonymous to 99.9999% of the world's population as you go about your daily life.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I used to love them and go to all their tours. Then three things happened.
1) their new music stopped being that good.
2) I started avoiding large gatherings of people if I could (apart from the Amex), mostly because I hit 40 and can’t arsed with the hassle of traveling and standing and the noise
3) people started holding their phones up at concerts. It’s selfish and ruins the experience for others.

Marvelous band though and their concerts are always very uplifting.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Mrs Exile likes them and saw them with her at the Brighton Centre and a couple of stadiums. Not what I listen to but always a very enjoyable live experience - would go again if she wanted to and if it's not too late will see about this tour.
True, I don’t listen to their albums, other than live ones but I will make a point of watching any televised Coldplay concerts

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Who on here is intending to go?

If I’m in the UK I’ll make an exception to my refusal to go to massive venue concerts, if I am lucky enough to get tickets, I think they are currently the world’s best large venue band and yes that includes the Stones, Springsteen etc

Liking their refusal to sell at dynamic pricing and the percentage going to grass route venues supporting up and coming bands.

I know they are probably NSCs most disliked band but I love a binfest, bring it on, interested to see how many of the posters I have earmarked to sneer about Coldplay pop up on this thread, there are quite a few of you I have in mind. :lolol:

Music for Euthenasia

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For some reason with Coldplay it's not each to their own. People HAVE to tell you how AWFUL they are. I wonder if they do this for every band they don't like?
Yep. It's an odd habit. Like those who really want you to know they don't follow the England Football team. Good for you Simon. I didn't ask,

I've never felt the need to openly tell people I don't like baby corn.

Ah dammit.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Joined queue first thing, about 30,000 in q before me but sold out by the time I got in. Just a bloody racket getting tickets these days, loads on Viagogo requiring a small mortgage to buy, same issue with Oasis for me. I feel a bit sorry for my kids, I went to loads of 'big' concerts back in the day, Queen Wembley, Springsteen Wembley, Oasis Knebworth, don't recall having any problems getting face value tickets.

I did, however, manage to bag 4 Imagine Dragons tickets, so I'm still a hero Dad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Popularity is often not a great measure of quality. See Donald Trump, Strictly and Man United.
A few million in the bank AND banged Gwynnie and Jennifer Lawrence is certainly a measure in my book. I’d settle for just one of his qualities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did, however, manage to bag 4 Imagine Dragons tickets, so I'm still a hero Dad.
I just bought me and Missus two tickets for Floating Points. He is playing a gig from 11-3am which we couldn’t decide on, being old farts and it being too late, and it sold out. He has just announced a 7pm earlier show!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
For some reason with Coldplay it's not each to their own. People HAVE to tell you how AWFUL they are. I wonder if they do this for every band they don't like?
Same happened with Dire Straits back in the day

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
See the Oasis thread… people just can’t resist.
Not a big Oasis fan so haven’t even been on the thread, other than to see what it was about at the start probably, I don’t recall but I have no wish to slag them off :smile:

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, I don’t, and rarely do this at all. I don’t particularly dislike Coldplay, just find them particularly uninspiring. They are not crap per se, just I feel that in the 70’s they would have been filed under ‘music for pleasure’. Those who remember that ‘tag’ will confirm that it was not a compliment.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No, I don’t, and rarely do this at all. I don’t particularly dislike Coldplay, just find them particularly uninspiring. They are not crap per se, just I feel that in the 70’s they would have been filed under ‘music for pleasure’. Those who remember that ‘tag’ will confirm that it was not a compliment.
Really? Have you listened to or seen any of their live stuff? Andy Williams they are not!

I think you actually meant “easy listening” not ”music for pleasure” btw

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really? Have you actually listened to or seen any of their live stuff? Andy Williams they are not!
Two major ingredients of my favoured musical style would be angst ridden vocals and jangling guitars. Maybe their less well known stuff might attract me more?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yep. It's an odd habit. Like those who really want you to know they don't follow the England Football team. Good for you Simon. I didn't ask,
I think that in recent years the converse (of sorts) is also true; that hipstery people who want to subvert expectations will come out with stuff like: "Can I shock you? I actually really like Coldplay?" and then lean back and wait for an incredulous reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here