Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Coldplay concerts next year

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
We were supposed to see them last year, but my father in law died on the morning of the concert so obviously didn’t go. Was lucky yesterday morning and got our tickets in the pre-sale scramble. So very happy but bittersweet feelings from wife and kids, can’t wait though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My husband got us tickets yesterday in the presale. He started the queue at position 13,337 but was able to get them. I have seen Coldplay twice before and they are a very very good live band. Looking forward to it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Are you new here?!
I felt very grown up when the Oasis reunion thread was going on, I did not post on it. They are the only band I detest with all my being. It's not the music, that is on the OK level with me, but I can't separate the *unts from it when ever I hear their songs.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I think we need legislation to make the resale of tickets above face value a criminal offence. The technology is difficult to beat with professional scalpers and promoters diverting tickets to their own resale sites as it is. Remove the excess profit and you bring this to an end.

If people cannot make the show then they should be able to list those tickets with the original seller who can then resell them at face value, possibly with a small admin fee to cover any costs involved in facilitating this.

It won't make getting tickets for high demand shows any easier, Coldplay and Taylor are always going to be utter binfests but at least you would be up against other fans for the tickets.

Touts are parasites
I think we need legislation to make the resale of tickets above face value a criminal offence. The technology is difficult to beat with professional scalpers and promoters diverting tickets to their own resale sites as it is. Remove the excess profit and you bring this to an end.

If people cannot make the show then they should be able to list those tickets with the original seller who can then resell them at face value, possibly with a small admin fee to cover any costs involved in facilitating this.

It won't make getting tickets for high demand shows any easier, Coldplay and Taylor are always going to be utter binfests but at least you would be up against other fans for the tickets.

Touts are parasites
Many professional touts are now set up elsewhere (Dubai a particular favourite) so to an extent you’d just be concentrating the supply to them. It would go some way to reducing it but it wouldn’t stop it entirely. It would also incentivise currently mid-tier players offshore - it’s big business.

Another little discussed issue is the views of artists on touting. The likes of oasis are all talk no action. Ed Sheeran and a few others genuinely hate it and enforce ID checks to prevent it. But the vast majority of promoters and artists love touts, as they sell venues quicker, leading to more perceived demand, and added dates.

The consultation Labour are set to run will be very interesting and there will be some incredibly strong lobbying from those who oppose stringent measures being brought in.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Many professional touts are now set up elsewhere (Dubai a particular favourite) so to an extent you’d just be concentrating the supply to them. It would go some way to reducing it but it wouldn’t stop it entirely. It would also incentivise currently mid-tier players offshore - it’s big business.

Another little discussed issue is the views of artists on touting. The likes of oasis are all talk no action. Ed Sheeran and a few others genuinely hate it and enforce ID checks to prevent it. But the vast majority of promoters and artists love touts, as they sell venues quicker, leading to more perceived demand, and added dates.

The consultation Labour are set to run will be very interesting and there will be some incredibly strong lobbying from those who oppose stringent measures being brought in.
I believe Labour already started the consultation.

Big Kier Starmer was scoping it out in the VIP area at the Taylor Swift concert.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Can I add Paul Heaton to this list. Not only does he hate it, is outspoken about it he also only charges £35 for his arena tour.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

There is no way to stop it completely but any reduction would be gratefully received by me. You are right about the promoters and some artists too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is no way to stop it completely but any reduction would be gratefully received by me. You are right about the promoters and some artists too.
There are certainly ways to reduce it, if not totally eradicate it. It does mean a lot more checking and people having to arrive earlier and queue etc....and for large stadium shows this will mean a lot earlier, but it can be done. There just needs to be will from the artist

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
There are certainly ways to reduce it, if not totally eradicate it. It does mean a lot more checking and people having to arrive earlier and queue etc....and for large stadium shows this will mean a lot earlier, but it can be done. There just needs to be will from the artist
Third party platforms even facilitate sellers meeting up with buyers to ‘walk them in’ when there are ID checks - as long as the seller has their own ticket. Again, would lead to a reduction if not an eradication of the resale market. Which would be good.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Great live and while not my favourite band by some way, they remind me of a nicer time in the UK in the early 00’s.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Touts are parasites
There are three UAE dates on this Coldplay tour, and it was the same Ticketmaster shambles here over the past few days.

I know someone who joined the queue the exact moment it opened, was #10,800 in a queue for supposedly 135,000 tickets. Yet it was sold out by the time he ‘got in’.

And even while people were still trying to queue etc, there were ALREADY tickets on resale sites. Someone screen grabbed three supposedly different sellers all selling tickets within the first few hours and claiming “I bought four tickets but now can’t go” type bullshit. AND ALL THREE SELLERS HAD SPELT IT AS “Cold Play”. Same spelling mistake. The system’s f***ed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who on here is intending to go?

If I’m in the UK I’ll make an exception to my refusal to go to massive venue concerts, if I am lucky enough to get tickets, I think they are currently the world’s best large venue band and yes that includes the Stones, Springsteen etc

Liking their refusal to sell at dynamic pricing and the percentage going to grass route venues supporting up and coming bands.

I know they are probably NSCs most disliked band but I love a binfest, bring it on, interested to see how many of the posters I have earmarked to sneer about Coldplay pop up on this thread, there are quite a few of you I have in mind. :lolol:

My son is going.
We were lucky enough to have a private concert with them a few years ago (about 50 people), they were brilliant.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
There are three UAE dates on this Coldplay tour, and it was the same Ticketmaster shambles here over the past few days.

I know someone who joined the queue the exact moment it opened, was #10,800 in a queue for supposedly 135,000 tickets. Yet it was sold out by the time he ‘got in’.

And even while people were still trying to queue etc, there were ALREADY tickets on resale sites. Someone screen grabbed three supposedly different sellers all selling tickets within the first few hours and claiming “I bought four tickets but now can’t go” type bullshit. AND ALL THREE SELLERS HAD SPELT IT AS “Cold Play”. Same spelling mistake. The system’s f***ed.
Will have been various presales so the general sale tickets are always a relatively small % of the total. Btw, it doesn’t matter if you join the queue as soon as the waiting room opens or 2 seconds before the sale starts, everyone’s allocated a position at the sale start time. Just FYI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here