Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Probably old news but been told today that CMS to Norwich is a done deal for jan.

Don't care if you believe me or not. Not saying who told me either.

I know it was rumoured in the summer. But this is new info. Has anyone else heard the same?

Ps I really hope it's not true.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Mr Poyet has often said that every player has a price.

If Norwich come in with an improved and acceptable offer to all parties, who knows.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It would be shear madness to let our only real striker go at this stage of the season, irrespective of who he gets in to replace him.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
[[Albion]] CMS to Norwich?

If it was true then I'd be very pissed off, CMS is starting to fit into our style and score.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we've got someone better lined up, let him go.

If we haven't, it would be utter madness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Drogba will be available as he's seasons finishing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Poyet has often said that every player has a price.

If Norwich come in with an improved and acceptable offer to all parties, who knows.
I'd imagine CMS's price would be more than we paid for him, and conditional on Hoskins being fully fit with possibly a part-ex with Morison or Jackson coming this way.

That's a pure guess of course, but he wouldn't be sold as early as Jan unless it suited the club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am not sure why people bother putting up negative posts that are old news. It is just not kosher.

Macca seems to be feared amongst other team supporters. Possibly because they show the good goals and miss out the easy ones missed. But also because he turned down other clubs to join the Albion, but also because he does give defenders a lot of problems.

A few more goals and he will get his confidence back and then he will attempt shooting with his left foot (which is capable of) and not snatch at his shots (which I think is a symptom of trying too hard and not keeping cool).

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'd imagine CMS's price would be more than we paid for him, and conditional on Hoskins being fully fit with possibly a part-ex with Morison or Jackson coming this way.

That's a pure guess of course, but he wouldn't be sold as early as Jan unless it suited the club.

I'd take Steve Morison in a flash. Quality player.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This was bound to roll around again so hardly inside info. In fact Gus suggested we may not have heard the last of Norwich's interest.

A £3m offer and he'll be gone I reckon.

Nov 19, 2012
Probably old news but been told today that CMS to Norwich is a done deal for jan.

Don't care if you believe me or not. Not saying who told me either.

I know it was rumoured in the summer. But this is new info. Has anyone else heard the same?

Ps I really hope it's not true.

could be good for all concerned , he`s hardly matched expectations here and probably wont.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd take Steve Morison in a flash. Quality player.
I'd take either. In fact, Jackson seems a similar player to CMS in that he needs service, but might flourish (as CMS will do) if Hoskins stays fit. Morison is more of a battering ram. I like him too. He's like a more mobile version of Sam Vokes, IMO

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We couldn't replace him for £3million. We bought him for that when he was largely unproven in this division. More like £5 or £6 million.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
could be good for all concerned , he`s hardly matched expectations here and probably wont.

Precisely. If we can receive a fee in excess of what we paid then v good business for the club. Even if that money is not reinvested in Jan I think that's fine. With Hoskins, Barnes and Dobbie featuring regularly I don't see the team being weakened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here