Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't surprise me. I like CMS but if the fee is good and well reinvested in another striker, then it could work out well.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be dissapointed because I don't think its CMS thats the problem I think its the way we play and I'm sure he'll start banging them in for Norwich much to our chargrin.

Anyway, this is a bit of 'my mate...' says to be believable (sorry Neecha). Even if you do know someone senior in NCFC there's still a lot that can happen which means a deal will never be struck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd be dissapointed because I don't think its CMS thats the problem I think its the way we play and I'm sure he'll start banging them in for Norwich much to our chargrin.

Anyway, this is a bit of 'my mate...' says to be believable.

We're not going to change the entire philosophy of the whole club from the youth and development squad all the way up to the senior squad, all just to suit one average-to-good Championship striker.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On the premise that this could have some meat to its bones, for a 'substantial fee', in other words far more than we paid for him, and assuming we have someone lined up, then I think we'd be stupid not to take it. Perhaps this is why Hoskins has been getting some play time in preparation and we'll get this mystic central ball holder forward in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

You like that line about shooting the messenger don't you ?

SWP has been seen driving through Shoreham tonight

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
If the fee is right I would not be bothered at all... We seem to be struggling to get someone else in so replacing with someone more in tune with the team might be better?!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think Mackail Smith is a player who, due to his incessant work rate and motivation, benefits from a certain amount of chaos, he kind of creates his own luck and therefore creates team luck. Brighton seem to be aiming for a far more structured/passing playing style and therefore one of his main strengths isnt being realised.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Makes it all the more bizarre we bought him in the first place

It does. Perhaps Gus thought he had a better first touch than the reality, and was hoping we could play our passing style at a higher tempo.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Massively on board with that DBBB so many dynamics involved in a player being transferred. I would love to know who is on GP's shortlist for January and if we actually have a few quid to spend.... This window is going to be huge for us...we are two players away from having a real go at promotion

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
its a bit of protection from the inevitable knuckle dragger whose not read the paragraph properly!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here