Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich for £4M

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't know whether or not he is going,but if Norwich are prepared to pay £4m for him I can't realistically see how we could turn it down.
For whatever reason,he hasn't set this division alight and frankly I don't think he will cut it in the Prem.........if he goes.
Would get Gus out of a hole ,because regrettably things haven't worked out the way Gus and CMS had hoped when he was signed(imho).Others may disagree!
Anyway,good luck to him for the rest of his career whatever happens.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
IF he went, you could guarantee in 12 months time, nsc would be whinging and crying, asking why we released him when he was scoring freely for his new club.

Maybe because they will play to his strengths which is something we will never do, so if true lets take the money and hope Gus can find some-one who can control the ball and play tippy tappy football upfront

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think £4m would be a good price for CMS. I like him and think he is a great player, although his first touch is poor. He may do well in the prem as his pace would suit the through ball, I also think if we played 2 up front he would do well playing off Ulloa. However we also have Hoskins Dobie and Barnes who can all come in from wide positions. If Ulloa is as good, CMS may be surplus to requirements and £4m is a lot of money.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Al so if they are signing Ulloa they need to balance the books so a move for one of our big three was always on the cards so maybe CMS is the one being sacrificed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe because they will play to his strengths which is something we will never do, so if true lets take the money and hope Gus can find some-one who can control the ball and play tippy tappy football upfront

Or just do his job and score a lot from the creativity of Buckley, Orlandi, Lopez, Bruno, Calderon, Vicente.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Or just do his job and score a lot from the creativity of Buckley, Orlandi, Lopez, Bruno, Calderon, Vicente.

But he doesn't suit the tippy tappy football ... he needs the ball over the top for him to run onto which is something that Gus seems to want to avoid at all costs which sadly affects the way CMS can alter a game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really hope he goes somewhere where they appreciate him. We don't deserve a striker of that quality and have made absolutely no attempt to change our game plan to accommodate him. I'd rather we kept CMS and got a manager prepared to vary his tactics, but sadly we're one dimensional, predictable and mind numbingly boring. Good luck for the future CMS !

I enjoy Gus's football, and its getting back to its best with the squad improving, and players without touch being left out.

Is Pulis your choice? Now that is one dimensional.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
football fans are so fickle and fukced up, he will start against Brum and score and all the fans will be singing his name and he will be a hero, the guy is good and he will get 20 this year if we play 442 at home now we have the Argie on board. I have never slated him and never will. hope the bloke stays, given the choice of leaving it will be Barnes

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
CMS was watching the game yesterday, if he could've played I'm sure he would've.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The same CMS who is top scorer and on for 20 goals this season. Brilliant. Honestly, regardless of your petty little grudge, you cannot be serious in claiming he's shit. If you are then frankly you're not worthy of entertaining for an opinion. Every single away forum says how much they'd love a striker like him, how he hurries defenders and wins the ball back either directly by tackling them, or indirectly by forcing them into a hopeless lump back to our defenders. But never mind, he mis-controlled that ball lasered at his throat from fifty yards away, the USELESS CVNT. Ridiculous.

I don't really think hes shit, hes just not very good. In all seriousness anyone who has pace can hurry a defender or goal keeper, CMS just does it more than anyone else.. Most decent strikers will reserve their energy instead of chasing lost causes. I really wanted it to work out here for him but it has never really taken off. He has had moments of brilliance but they are very few and far between. Serious question, Do you think CMS has been good value for money?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I hope that this is the case, people wanting rid of CMS are shortsighted, many wanted Gus gone 2 weeks ago. We need as many quality players in our squad as possible & Ulloa should be an addition not a replacement. CMS is quality & if he goes many of those saying they'd drive him to Norwich will be saying that we should have kept him or more likely keeping quiet. He plays with heart & passion as well as showing that he wants to be here which is a lot more than could be said of Murray when he was here. A large number of people slagged Murray off & I bet if we went through those posts we'd find more than a few of those same posters saying that we should never have let him go & Gus was wrong to do so. Be careful what you wish for. 4 million is not enough anyway.

Well said, that man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You fools have learnt nothing from the dozen Palace trolls that frequent our board, teaching us how to push up the price of a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here