Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich for £4M

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Just heard from an -ex-illuminatti member that the deal is done and that CMS is now a Norwich player. He told me to keep it quiet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, it's always a good idea to sell your top scorer halfway through the season.

Unreal some of these morons eh Malcolm!? I can understand some saying they'd take 4 mil (assuming it's reinvested In team of course- not my view as such) but the way some are talking I'd think he'd not scored all season?! He's scored quite a few... Blinded by all eggs in Ulloa basket some of you.. or just impatient..

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
The funniest was when goal of 2012 was announced in muted tones...I could smell a rat, wouldn't you make a fuss about that blinding strike and bring him onto the pitch?!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just heard from an -ex-illuminatti member that the deal is done and that CMS is now a Norwich player. He told me to keep it quiet.

If that's true then all I can say is f*** IT you idiots.... Sell our top scorer mid season??..... Madness.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If that's true then all I can say is f*** IT you idiots.... Sell our top scorer mid season??..... Madness.

4m for CMS!? Do you think the club is made of gold? We should be bending over backwards for that!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was told that he will be going and we will not see him play again.

Seems a shame to not give him a run out along side the big number 9 butane that is a budget issue.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Quotes 'ex-illuminatti' and you wonder whether it's true?

Robbie Jackson from Eastenders doesn't talk shit! Trust me on this!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is a no brainer if we were offered £4M for CMS, as we would grab it but it wont happen, why would any club pay that much extra money for him over and above what we paid for him. I am sure they would expect to pay about £2m

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think we have had value from CMS but to sell him even for £4m would be a massive risk. And my suspicion is that it's a risk Gus is going to take so I'm hoping the Argentinian flairniac is going to be just what we need.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Whilst I really hope he stays I can understand him wanting to leave (if indeed he does).

Clearly Ulloa will start when (IF) he signs. Given that we only play one up front I think this will mean CMS being relegated to the bench or playing out of position in one of the wide roles. Bearing this in mind I can see CMS wanting to leave if he is being offered higher wages and premier league football at Norwich.

Just hope Elliot Bennett comes the other way.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
According to Gus on the radio the reason that he didn't play was because he was ill and missed training on THursday a little better yesterday and turned up at 11.00am this morning feeling poorly so was sent home to bed and will be back for Birmingham next week.

I hope that this is the case, people wanting rid of CMS are shortsighted, many wanted Gus gone 2 weeks ago. We need as many quality players in our squad as possible & Ulloa should be an addition not a replacement. CMS is quality & if he goes many of those saying they'd drive him to Norwich will be saying that we should have kept him or more likely keeping quiet. He plays with heart & passion as well as showing that he wants to be here which is a lot more than could be said of Murray when he was here. A large number of people slagged Murray off & I bet if we went through those posts we'd find more than a few of those same posters saying that we should never have let him go & Gus was wrong to do so. Be careful what you wish for. 4 million is not enough anyway.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
CMS is about one of 5 strikers who have been linked with Norwich,

Hooper
Pacheco
Graham

3 of the main names they have been linked with

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I hope that this is the case, people wanting rid of CMS are shortsighted, many wanted Gus gone 2 weeks ago. We need as many quality players in our squad as possible & Ulloa should be an addition not a replacement. CMS is quality & if he goes many of those saying they'd drive him to Norwich will be saying that we should have kept him or more likely keeping quiet. He plays with heart & passion as well as showing that he wants to be here which is a lot more than could be said of Murray when he was here. A large number of people slagged Murray off & I bet if we went through those posts we'd find more than a few of those same posters saying that we should never have let him go & Gus was wrong to do so. Be careful what you wish for. 4 million is not enough anyway.

Agreed, I don't believe this anyway, wasn't Buckley off to saints for 2.5m just a couple of weeks ago.
LOOK AT ME kind of thread imo.
CMS to stay in hope.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
IF he went, you could guarantee in 12 months time, nsc would be whinging and crying, asking why we released him when he was scoring freely for his new club.

Ain't that the truth.

We really do have some absolute morons 'supporting' the club (& no doubt there's plenty more where they came from). The Albion are truely blessed... :rolleyes:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Grant Holt started on the bench for Norwich today against Newcastle. Had a great season last year (2011/12) but is finding it tougher in the Premier League this term. Maybe a swap without any money changing hands? At 31 though, GH would only be a short-term solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here