Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich for £4M

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It'll be a shame to se him go, I guarantee he will do a Glenn Murray and score many goals there. 11 already this season, with a month out through injury, a constant worry and hassle to defences and never receiving the service that he craves. I will miss him if he goes as will many others I am sure, but if business is the reason, I understand, if its that he does not fit in with Gus, as with Murray, then its a worry!

CMS would be the worst Striker the Premier League has ever seen. His touch is too poor to make it at the top level......Its too poor for Championship level. Anything over £1.5 million would be acceptable. Would happily sell him to free up a huge amount in wages. Good luck to the mugs who buy him

Last edited:

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
I hope that this is the case, people wanting rid of CMS are shortsighted, many wanted Gus gone 2 weeks ago. We need as many quality players in our squad as possible & Ulloa should be an addition not a replacement. CMS is quality & if he goes many of those saying they'd drive him to Norwich will be saying that we should have kept him or more likely keeping quiet. He plays with heart & passion as well as showing that he wants to be here which is a lot more than could be said of Murray when he was here. A large number of people slagged Murray off & I bet if we went through those posts we'd find more than a few of those same posters saying that we should never have let him go & Gus was wrong to do so. Be careful what you wish for. 4 million is not enough anyway.

100 this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CMS would be the worst Striker the Premier League has ever seen. His touch is too poor to make it at the top level......Its too poor for Championship level. Anything over £1.5 million would be acceptable. Would happily sell him to free up a huge amount in wages. Good luck to the mugs who buy him

Why would the then 29 year old, suddenly develop touch, good conversion rate, and vision for a PL team, when he failed in those attributes for us and in his P'boro Championship season.

If Hughton is foolish enough to offer £m's of Delia's money for CMS, let us grab it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

We lost £8m and you are suggesting we lose a further £2m... Clueless

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he will stay and he will score 20 this season, we need quality in the squad not just the 11

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
IF he went, you could guarantee in 12 months time, nsc would be whinging and crying, asking why we released him when he was scoring freely for his new club.

£4m ? wold be hard to turn down,but in full agreement,you never know what you have till it's gone

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Grant Holt started on the bench for Norwich today against Newcastle. Had a great season last year (2011/12) but is finding it tougher in the Premier League this term. Maybe a swap without any money changing hands? At 31 though, GH would only be a short-term solution.

age? Nicky Forster-

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

The same CMS who is top scorer and on for 20 goals this season. Brilliant. Honestly, regardless of your petty little grudge, you cannot be serious in claiming he's shit. If you are then frankly you're not worthy of entertaining for an opinion. Every single away forum says how much they'd love a striker like him, how he hurries defenders and wins the ball back either directly by tackling them, or indirectly by forcing them into a hopeless lump back to our defenders. But never mind, he mis-controlled that ball lasered at his throat from fifty yards away, the USELESS CVNT. Ridiculous.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield

Your clearly forgetting Andrea Silenzi :D

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think it is a no brainer if we were offered £4M for CMS, as we would grab it but it wont happen, why would any club pay that much extra money for him over and above what we paid for him. I am sure they would expect to pay about £2m

Because like we released Murray since he didn't have experience at Champ level, neither did CMS for 2.5M. Now he has 18 months including 11 goals this season so is 'proven' at this level and worth more (4M). Murray probably wasn't worth the wages asked for at the time and was abysmal last season (except against us when he tried). This season in a contract year he's trying again and been a revelation. But we all knew that's how it works with him from the time spent with us. CMS on the other hand turns up every match and even when not scoring (11 goals this season though) he contributes something.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It is a done deal by the sound of it.

I shall be sad to see him go. I've loved watching CMS tearing around the pitch for us.

However I'm strangely not a sad as I would have been if he had gone last summer.

This season he has still put in his trademark 'über shifts' every game but he hasn't had much go his way.

Good luck in the future Lord Craig of Mackail-Smithshire and thanks for being pretty superb!!!

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I like think most fans would be very sad to see him go he has worked his socks off in a position that lets be fair just does not fit his style of play I always thought he would be best wide right just behind a target man and maybe Ulloa is that target man the fact is if he stays or goes its not down to any of us and so in Gus I trust

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He has got lovely hair, runs and runs and runs, and most importantly he always retweets. He will be missed.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I really hope he goes somewhere where they appreciate him. We don't deserve a striker of that quality and have made absolutely no attempt to change our game plan to accommodate him. I'd rather we kept CMS and got a manager prepared to vary his tactics, but sadly we're one dimensional, predictable and mind numbingly boring. Good luck for the future CMS !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here