Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We don't need any more strikers. We have 3 players who scored over 20 goals last year, Dennis Bergkamps nephew and Torby. And Buckley can play up front.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dick & co didn't have the mega-money, but steered us away from the crooks, until a trusted owner & another real fan (Tony) came along with his money.

Well done to Dick & Tony, suiting differing eras and circumstances.

100% correct. Nobody but nobody must ever forget what Dick Knight did for the club.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Sorry If Fixttures 2.5 mil for CMS, expecting to sign today ARGUS

Albion are on the brink of pulling off a major transfer coup by landing Peterborough hotshot Craig Mackail-Smith.

The signing is expected to be confirmed by the club this afternoon, subject to him passing a medical.

The fee, according to sources in Peterborough, is £2.5 million, rising to a possible £3.25 million with add-ons.

Mackail-Smith, 27, scored 35 goals in all competitions last season to help Peterborough win promotion to the Championship alongside Albion via the play-offs.

He was also a target for West Ham and Leicester.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just wanted to say that, apart from the Word Association thread, Falmer Webcam thread and the What's Playing on your iTunes thread - THIS IS THE MOST VIEWED THREAD EVER ON NSC.

:cool:

How far behind the others is it? C'mon, we can get there if he fails his medical ..........

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't work out who it is, but I reckon we are going to pay top dollar for a class box-to-box midfielder.

Box-to-box midfielder? Naah, we play the Gus way, where the ball does all the work. Maybe a creative player to pick holes in defences that "park the bus" but we could well be seeing Caskey-Forster doing that role before long.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I read on a palace forum that Owen Garvan didnt shine there because he plays best in behind the front two. Exactly where we liked to use Bennett...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'm thinking that if we don't need another striker, then we won't break the transfer record for a defender, irrespective of how good they are, so it has to be a class creative mid-fielder, and earlier rumours put us in the running to sign Lansbury, so yes; I'd say it's him.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Box-to-box midfielder? Naah, we play the Gus way, where the ball does all the work. Maybe a creative player to pick holes in defences that "park the bus" but we could well be seeing Caskey-Forster doing that role before long.

Yup - but look at the times last year when we didn't have a plan B and we struggled....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here