Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If this does happen, I wonder how much of a budget it would leave us for other players, like KLL and defenders where IMO we need improving and cover

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Isn't he a West Ham fan? Maybe he's waiting on WHU to match leicester's bid then he'll sign for them.

I'd blow my load if we sign him though!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is this the latest offer for a big build-up to a big letdown? Wouldn't mind it but can't see him in anything but a Leicester shirt next season. Would be nice to be proved wrong though.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What a load of bollocks. We aren't going to sign him, I don't know why you lot still get excited, I've only looked on this forum for a few years and I know by now all this shit leads to is disappointment.

I must say though, the double unveiling of LuaLua and CMS in our swanky new kit may make me collapse.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I have a question: What the tits is going on the summer? It's brilliant! Regardless of whether or not this is true, the fact that we are actually in the market for a player costing £3m blows my mind

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
On the face of it is Mackail-Smith coming to Brighton that surprising?

Look at it logically. He's been at Peterborough a few good years now and as far as im aware up until now he's just got on with. No transfer requests, no wages increase demands and no head turning at potential interest from other clubs. To do this at a club like peterborough is credit to him. He could have f***ed off once they went back down to League 1 but he stuck it out. This is a bloke that has turned down a move to two premiership sides and looks set to stay in the championship.

Maybe im wearing rose tinted glasses but he doesnt strike me as someone whos head is turned by money. I think his number one priority is perhaps where can he have the most success on the playing field. Like me, i would rather go somewhere where i was idolised than sit on the bench week in week out.

If he really does think like this then is coming to us really that surprising? Then again it could be just another idiot on the wind up, it is silly season after all.

Only time will tell

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I also think CMS is not a typical Gus/Bloom signing.

For the rumoured c£3m and being aged 27, his value is not likely to be heading North from here.

With that latter age group, say it's a 4 year contract, all clubs budget for the £3m (for example) being amortised to zero over the 4 years at £0.75m per annum.
That is, they don't expect and budget for a resale value.
If happens in the intervening period, it can be a financial bonus, if it's right the player moves out for other reasons.

So the £0.75m with his salary, is accepted as the annual cost in worth having him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Signing tomorrow apparently, but then again so was KLL and that never happened. I'll believe it when I see it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure this adds much, but I had heard earlier today that we are going to announce a "big" signing in the next day or so. No names mentioned though. However I heard this and posted it on twitter some time before I heard this CMS news. So the two are separate sources which adds some credence perhaps.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
If this does happen, I wonder how much of a budget it would leave us for other players, like KLL and defenders where IMO we need improving and cover

I don't for one minute think Tony Bloom would spend over 100 million on a stadium and then hold back when it comes to putting a competitive team together, we WILL be getting some expensive top notch players from now on, our days of picking up the dregs at the end of the window are well and truly over....Exciting times ahead...enjoy the ride.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Isn't he a West Ham fan? Maybe he's waiting on WHU to match leicester's bid then he'll sign for them.

I'd blow my load if we sign him though!

West Ham have already had a bid accepted was announced yesterday that he was holding talks with both them and Leicester and was up to him were he moved to

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kevin philips is the more likely .... That's what a premiership footballer told me last night

Come on abuse away ....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't for one minute think Tony Bloom would spend over 100 million on a stadium and then hold back when it comes to putting a competitive team together, we WILL be getting some expensive top notch players from now on, our days of picking up the dregs at the end of the window are well and truly over....Exciting times ahead...enjoy the ride.

Exactly this. We are going to be competing for some very good players against some wealthy teams. We won't always get our man but our name will be in the mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here