Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leicester were the favourites when he was down with us (on the 13th) as they're offering big wages we can't/won't match.

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
the daily mail mackaill smith

dont normally buy the daily mail but it says today that we are after owon garvan from the scum for 250k and poyet inerested in mackail smith of peterboro

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and while everyone is looking in that direction Gus will be looking elsewhere

in Gus we trust

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thing is with CMS that keeps niggling me is that he's never proved to be anything but a lower league striker.

There's a HUGE difference between banging in goals for a League 1 team and then scoring at Championship level...Not too many over the last few years go on to be a huge success...

after being top scorer in League 1...I've had a look and from the last few years of those players going upto the Championship, only Jason Scotland has had a season of any note a couple of years ago with Swansea...Freddy Eastwood, Billy Sharp, Simon Cox & even CMS himself have struggled in the Championship.

I know it depends on the team and so on, but I would encourage people not to get carried away with Mackail-Smith as he is, like Murray, not a proven goalscorer at our level now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leicester were the favourites when he was down with us (on the 13th) as they're offering big wages we can't/won't match.

We'd have had more of a chance of signing him if they'd sorted out those holes in the south stand, thats for sure.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from sky sports Speculation: According to reports in the Leicester Mercury, Foxes manager Sven Goran Eriksson is ready to enter the bidding for Preston North End defender Sean St Ledger and Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't he start out at Dagenham? So knows the area. Haven't bothered to read that article but West Ham seems nailed on to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here