Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
do i get some sort of prize for this thread having over 10000 views?

:O

Yes, yes you do.

You get to have your team relegated at the end of next season: having failed to win any of your games. :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't imagine why he would join us, he has premiership options and We wouldn't pay 3million for a player and the championship club linked to him is West Ham.

I can't tell you how happy I would be to be proved wrong!!! just can't see it in a month of Sundays.

I agree with the first half of the first sentence but not the second half. I think we would pay £3million for a player tbh. That figure has been banded about for ages and it rings true to me.

West Ham is just one of the Championship clubs in for him. That doesn't mean we are not. However as you say with Premiership interest I doubt we'd lure him. We may get him, we may not, but I think we (like many) are no doubt interested.

I'd be so happy if we did snap him up! Imagine the squad we'd have! Only a defender away from being a real contender!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It s also amazing the number of people on here that claimed he was DEFINTELY shown round on Friday but only mentioned it on this thread yesterday. Did it not occur to mention it earlier?

:clap: Funny how everyone comes out the woodwork once 1 or 2 people on here with GENUINE sources say it happened!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I know when people often describe someone as a "character" they are normally a right twat...but i agree in interviews he is a funny bloke & clearly loves football...
hard to believe looking at him he was good enough to be on Man Utd's books...
Back to the player, the few times ive seen him on tv I think he is quality, a hardworking front man with quality on the ball....love to see him join us if we have a chance!!

Spot on in all respects. People like Barry Fry tend to be twats to varyin degrees but Bazza is actually alright. Seems to quite like us too!!!

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
If we've no chance then why did he come look round our ground? Keep the faith. It comes back to me that Poyet said he would love to have him here when punditing during a football match, and that Seagulls fans will be very happy with the squad when the season starts.

I agree our chance maybe slim but!!

Sounds like just another poker game for TB

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It s also amazing the number of people on here that claimed he was DEFINTELY shown round on Friday but only mentioned it on this thread yesterday. Did it not occur to mention it earlier?

It wasn't Friday, it was Monday.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We're more likely to be shopping MNS than CMS.

Or,if our youth system's any good,BNQ.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I honestly thought we had more chance previously of Owen joining than we do of CMS.

He's not from Brighton and doesn't support us and premier league football will be to big a carrot to turn down.

ffs, Elliott Bennett, who said time and again how much he loved Brighton, and was guaranteed a starting place still jumped at the first premier league suitor. Why oh why do you think watford born Peterborough player CMS, will turn down premier league to join another newly promoted league 1 club???

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I honestly thought we had more chance previously of Owen joining than we do of CMS.

He's not from Brighton and doesn't support us and premier league football will be to big a carrot to turn down.

ffs, Elliott Bennett, who said time and again how much he loved Brighton, and was guaranteed a starting place still jumped at the first premier league suitor. Why oh why do you think watford born Peterborough player CMS, will turn down premier league to join another newly promoted league 1 club???

Nobody actually does think he will join except a few deluded souls who cannot seem to take off their Brighton and Hove Albion tinted glasses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here