Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS- I am sorry

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
We are truly blessed, have changed my stance having seen the marvel of the second today, if only he didn't have a sloppy languid gait a la Waddle of old....showing my age again!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Considering the service he had last season i thought 11 goals was good:)

Most of us cms supporters kept repeating this in the Barnes v cms debates, but we got told to button it..... I stand proudly correct....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Here! Two good goals today. I guess it had to happen some time! :clap2:

I hope he is a "confidence player" and can now stick with getting the goals we need.

Great that you applaud a great performance when you see it. As with you, I hope it continues. CMS will get alot of goals this season simply because the service to him has increased and improved in its quality. Look at the quality of the cross by Bruno for the overhead kick, brilliant! I don't think Calde or Painter would be giving him service like that. Keep getting quality to him and he'll stick them in the bag, not to mention put a huge shift in!
Also I think his goals were a little better than 'good'.

D

Deleted member 2719

The mans a goal machine if he gets the service,i have always backed him against the plonkers on here.

Least you have admitted your mistake even though it's early in the season.

I agree he knows where the goal is and he didn't get the service last year. But i wouldn't say that a ball given to him in a crowded area and one put behind him was very good service but the lad made these goals from nothing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
CMC is a forward and he didnt score many goals last season. He therefore deserved stick and he had to look at the runs he was making.
No he didn't deserve stick, he deserved support. It's not like he's a lazy bugger, he was trying, and the main reason he wasn't scoring was the lack of service he was getting. Stick is what opposing fans should be giving him, hoping it destroy his confidence, we should be doing the opposite.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
re 'Considering the service he had last season i thought 11 goals was good'
I think its just starting to dawn on people:):):)
It's dawning on half of them, but there ares still some that don't realise we failed to play to his strengths last year.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's dawning on half of them, but there ares still some that don't realise we failed to play to his strengths last year

Exactly what I said all along. It was blindingly obvious and yet people on here were saying he was a headless chicken. Utter morons, yes it's only two games but you won't find a more satisfied fan than me if he continues, I can assure you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That was the best brace I have seen from an Albion striker for years.

What a great word brace is....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's dawning on half of them, but there ares still some that don't realise we failed to play to his strengths last year.

and yet you could say that both goals yesterday and in fact last week were nothing to do with ''his strengths'' i'm guessing you are referring to playing it early to take advantage of his runs.....to me CMS relies on his instincts to score (he said in the interview on FLS last night that second just felt right)...and when he stops that he isn't the same player....be interesting how he copes with his next one on one...in the meantime cracking goals CMS top player and man

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and yet you could say that both goals yesterday and in fact last week were nothing to do with ''his strengths''
Indeed. First goal last week was exactly what he asked for in an interview when he said hopefully one would just hit him in the face and go in. He knew nothing about it. The second was a quality poachers touch, and yesterdays two were fantastic strikes, but none a result of the through balls he's after. But I think he is getting service closer to what he's after, and that helps his confidence, and those two goals yesterday looked like they'd come from a striker with confidence.

He was told last year that we'd adapt our team to play to his strength (as that was Gus's vision) and we just weren't able to do it. Not only would we have missed out from his ability on through balls, we also harmed his confidence and missed the other parts of his game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very, very happy for him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed. First goal last week was exactly what he asked for in an interview when he said hopefully one would just hit him in the face and go in. He knew nothing about it. The second was a quality poachers touch, and yesterdays two were fantastic strikes, but none a result of the through balls he's after. But I think he is getting service closer to what he's after, and that helps his confidence, and those two goals yesterday looked like they'd come from a striker with confidence.

He was told last year that we'd adapt our team to play to his strength (as that was Gus's vision) and we just weren't able to do it. Not only would we have missed out from his ability on through balls, we also harmed his confidence and missed the other parts of his game.

agreed

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if Craig Levein is feeling sorry yet, having dropped CMS just as he hits form. Well done, the monkey tennisers.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Scored nearly half the goals he scored last season already! 4 goals already!

That was the best brace I have seen from an Albion striker for years.

What a great word brace is....

Got a nice woody sound to it, not as nice as "trio" or "hat trick" though. My rash prediction that he would score a shedload of goals this season seems to be on track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here