Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS- I am sorry

Feb 14, 2010
Deary me. Learnt from last summer? Gus has already acknowledged what most of us knew that we did not play to his strengths last season.

Absolutely, and we have not changed the way we play, we still keep the ball, we dont knock it long for him to run on to. Therefore he had to learn intelligent runs, if he has done that then lets all celebrate.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
PreviewYouDesign.aspx

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
After the events of the last 30 hours or so it will be a sell out and totally rocking ... will be a long 13 days

I fly back from Sardinia that afternoon. If Ryanair delay the flight for any reason, or run out of gas and have to stop over at somewhere like Lille on the way, then i may for the first time go properly mental and strangle a Ryanair representative - one of the little ones that i reckon will fight back, the weakest who maybe has a glass eye i can poke or pull out or keep as a trophy for my savage act - to within an inch of their lives. And then steal a speedboat or a speed-balloon to make my way to the game.
I want counted at that game the number of men actually masturbating at the quality of players on our bench. I will write a letter to Gus and his crew to insist on bringing an umbrella to that match.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely, and we have not changed the way we play, we still keep the ball, we dont knock it long for him to run on to. Therefore he had to learn intelligent runs, if he has done that then lets all celebrate.

Completely disagree. Granted we haven't changed the way we play in terms of the basic concept of keeping the ball, but Gus has clearly worked on mixing it up a bit when necessary with a more pacey, direct philosophy. Add the fact we now have someone who has a physical presence in midfield which will hopefully leave other midfielders more chance to actually be in and around and CMS means that he won't have to do as much charging around on his own. CMS made a huge number of 'intelligent runs' last season, the problem was a lot of the time there was no one close enough to play him in. Struggle to see how you can blame him for that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Would be better to comment at the end of the season.

Err wrong thread. This is the let's show our support for CMS thread, you need a different one entitled Nah, count me out, I'm a miserable old curmudgeon

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I fly back from Sardinia that afternoon. If Ryanair delay the flight for any reason, or run out of gas and have to stop over at somewhere like Lille on the way, then i may for the first time go properly mental and strangle a Ryanair representative - one of the little ones that i reckon will fight back, the weakest who maybe has a glass eye i can poke or pull out or keep as a trophy for my savage act - to within an inch of their lives. And then steal a speedboat or a speed-balloon to make my way to the game.
I want counted at that game the number of men actually masturbating at the quality of players on our bench. I will write a letter to Gus and his crew to insist on bringing an umbrella to that match.

LOL can nearly trump you ... flying back from Boston and arriving at 06.30 or like on the morning. It's BA staff so we're on standby. Checked loadings when we went 3-1 up and it's looking a bit dodgy so now have a contingency with a train to New York where we can make one of the last two flights. Told Mrs Rat that if I miss this any future trips will have to be out of footie season, not going through this sort of stress again!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Mackail Smith - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net

Burnley fans appreciating how good he was today!

"Wow. I don't know how often he turns in performances like that but that was one of the best centre forward displays I've seen in the Championship for a while. He didn't just dominate one of our centre backs, he had both in his pocket, often at the same time. Id like to say he was the only difference between the teams but I'd be lying."

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mackail Smith - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net

Burnley fans appreciating how good he was today!

"Wow. I don't know how often he turns in performances like that but that was one of the best centre forward displays I've seen in the Championship for a while. He didn't just dominate one of our centre backs, he had both in his pocket, often at the same time. Id like to say he was the only difference between the teams but I'd be lying."

That brought a tear to my eye ... someone who knows how tweet him that link please

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Completely disagree. Granted we haven't changed the way we play in terms of the basic concept of keeping the ball, but Gus has clearly worked on mixing it up a bit when necessary with a more pacey, direct philosophy. Add the fact we now have someone who has a physical presence in midfield which will hopefully leave other midfielders more chance to actually be in and around and CMS means that he won't have to do as much charging around on his own. CMS made a huge number of 'intelligent runs' last season, the problem was a lot of the time there was no one close enough to play him in. Struggle to see how you can blame him for that.

Maybe, but bottom line is that we were creating chances last season, CMS was the forward with Barnes and they didn't stick them away. But that was then, now is now.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Takes a real man to admit your wrong :thumbsup:

And a real woman!!!

I must admit I had my doubts - love the way he runs his socks off and never gives up but was frustrated that he couldn't finish - nothing worse than a guy that can't finish!!!!

I stand corrected though - and hopefully these goals will give him a huge confidence boost - well done CMS xxxx

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Goal scorers score goals, What ever league they are in. It just did not happen for cms last year. He was always in the right sort of area but the ball just would not drop for him.
Considering the service he had last season i thought 11 goals was good:)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Never gave up on him! Knew he could do it just didnt have the right service last year

Agree 100%. Last season service to the forwards was absolute shit. We rarely looked dangerous on the break, we had defenders and midfielders who although good at keeping the ball and passing where quite clueless when it came to positioning, playing through balls etc. Both Barnes and CMS where living on scraps, and both still managed double figures.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And a real woman!!!

I must admit I had my doubts - love the way he runs his socks off and never gives up but was frustrated that he couldn't finish - nothing worse than a guy that can't finish!!!!

I stand corrected though - and hopefully these goals will give him a huge confidence boost - well done CMS xxxx

Lol..and there was me thinking the problem was finishing too early..o well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here