Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Greer 'disagreement' [Merged]

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
As we don't play kick and run or balls into channels he does not get much joy.

I'm glad we don't paly like that but feel a bit sad for CMS.

If he can improve his game in the areas he needs to, to suit our game he will score a fair few. Let's see how he goes next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The best form of defence is attack,when Lua and Vicente went off we fell apart for the last 10 minutes Derby very nearly scored twice .Noone is a good player but not in the same class as Lua
I don't think that's fair on Noone. That was Kaz's best performance of the season, so no one would compare well to that. Kaz has had plenty of average games and Noone has had plenty of good ones.

The worst part of Noone's game seems to be the final ball and that will improve (think Aaron Lennon).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So after all this chat about an argument, no-one got it on camera and it has only been mentioned by a few on here. Did it deffinitely happen?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're 4th and cms still has a big role to play at this club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've posted this before.
There's more 'ball over the top' and running from half way, than I expected, still plenty of 6 yard action.
But not a lot of football that is recognisable from The Amex

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great reply !!

I've read the whole post.

I think it could benefit from some paragraphs.

Obviously Trigger's Twin reads copy when it comes in bite sized amounts. A bit like CMS, if you deliver it sharply to the brain then he'll read it.

Trigger is just not benefiting from the writing game plan here. This reads far too much like a Greer to Dunk to Greer to Dunk game plan when there is clearly some gold in there.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Greer is a angry man and likes to show players as captain with a shout up and bollicking. Problem is cms is also Scottish and bit back a bit. Good for him in my opinion. Greer does come across a bit harsh sometimes. Good captain on the whole tho. El-abd to be captain in next two years tho.

LondonRoad

Aug 21, 2011
Fair enough, I think it has been well documented by Posh fans that if we were ever under pressure in our own half we could always just lump it and 9 times out of 10 he would get to it and produce something. Clearly Brighton dont play that way at all so it is understandable in my opinion that he has been less prolific. I feel if he was still at Posh he would be well into double figures now, and I think for definite we would be a lot higher in the league.

Tyrone Barnett has been a sensational and seems a steal at 1mill considering you paid over double for CMS, 4 in 6 games has shown he has adapted brilliantly and has offered something that we have never had, a striker who can head the ball and is taller than 6ft!

I hope CMS goes in to bang a few in the play-offs to send you up so we get another nice little pay out from a promoted club!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A great player totally wasted in our team.

Expensive f*** up by Gus.

D

Deleted member 2719

If true about Greer and Cms having a spat, i think that is great news as all proper team have in house fights.

After this news i think we will definitely get a play off place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough, I think it has been well documented by Posh fans that if we were ever under pressure in our own half we could always just lump it and 9 times out of 10 he would get to it and produce something. Clearly Brighton dont play that way at all so it is understandable in my opinion that he has been less prolific. I feel if he was still at Posh he would be well into double figures now, and I think for definite we would be a lot higher in the league.

I hope CMS goes in to bang a few in the play-offs to send you up so we get another nice little pay out from a promoted club!

Please explain why he only got 11 goals all season when you were relegated from the Championship. He is prolific at League 1 standard but doesn't seem to have a good enough first touch to score regularly at this level.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Please explain why he only got 11 goals all season when you were relegated from the Championship. He is prolific at League 1 standard but doesn't seem to have a good enough first touch to score regularly at this level.

It's not just his first touch which is shocking, it's his composure in front of goal, unbelievable since he scored so many goals last season.

Posh did well out of this deal if you ask me, in front of goal I have far more confidence in Barnes to put the ball away.

LondonRoad

Aug 21, 2011
It's not just his first touch which is shocking, it's his composure in front of goal, unbelievable since he scored so many goals last season.

Posh did well out of this deal if you ask me, in front of goal I have far more confidence in Barnes to put the ball away.

CMS has always been awful at one on ones, and his composure has never been good. He has scored so many simply because last season we created so many chances that he still averaged a good goals per game. Most Posh fans knew at the time that we we're getting very good money for him. Mclean was always the prolific finisher when they played together with Macca putting in the hard work for him.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Probably the official reason why Mackail-Smith wasn't even in the squad today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here