Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Greer 'disagreement' [Merged]

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
CMS hasn't looked particularly happy for a while. That's what I sense, anyway - just going by general body language. I could be very wrong.

He knows he should be scoring more often but it's almost like the side is set up now to negate the need for a classic centre forward, which must be frustrating. But we do need someone to be in the right place to pick up the loose balls that regularly emerge as the result of great work from the wingers, or in more recent games, Vicente/Razak.

Can't fault the guy's work rate though, or attitude to the fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Greer probably furious that CMS is getting in the Scotland team and he isn't. Is a bit bizarre.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He looked ANGRY last night. He was asking for trouble when he raised his hands to that defender who blocked him off, too.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
You play football, you fall out with your own players from time to time. Happens in every level of the game. When I played it happened regularly, but never once did it spill over into life after the 90 mins.

Much ado about nothing

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He knows he should be scoring more often but it's almost like the side is set up now to negate the need for a classic centre forward, which must be frustrating. But we do need someone to be in the right place to pick up the loose balls that regularly emerge as the result of great work from the wingers, or in more recent games, Vicente/Razak.

Very good point there. Barca don't play with an out and out striker in their formation/style and that's obviously the mould we are going for

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Very good point there. Barca don't play with an out and out striker in their formation/style and that's obviously the mould we are going for

Indeed, one of the things that stuck out in one of the write ups regarding Adgestein when he signed his new deal was that he can play in "any of the attacking roles"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You play football, you fall out with your own players from time to time. Happens in every level of the game. When I played it happened regularly, but never once did it spill over into life after the 90 mins.

Much ado about nothing

Very much this. Especially when you've a guy like Gordon Grrrrrrrr in your team.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When Barnes scored, CMS went over to join in the celebration, he didnt run over, more strolled, but went over none the less.

He tried really hard when he came on and got some rough stuff too. No doubting his commitment and effort. He was frustrated at the defence - and perhaps said more than he should have. It will all be forgotten this morning after an ice bath and a rub down. Perhaps a few towel flicks on bare bottoms will help break the ice?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For those of us who COMPLETELY missed this, when exactly did it happen and where? I'm a bit suprised there are no pictures aswell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He looked ANGRY last night. He was asking for trouble when he raised his hands to that defender who blocked him off, too.

I think its just sheer frustration. Maybe he sees his time here as turning sour. He can't be used to starting on the bench, or being hauled off on a regular basis. He's somehow ceased to be pivotal to the team's performance. He's probably worried he's going to 'do a Hoskins'. Damn shame really. He just doesn't fit our style of play anymore, it seems to have evolved beyond him and now he's reduced to chasing shadows. Absolutely guaranteed he'd be a total success somewhere else. For example, Sandaza the horse has a shitload of goals up in Scotland, despite being pony. Maybe CMS should consider looking north of the border. He'd be a GOD up there. Wishing the boy well, whatever he decides to do in the Summer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think its just sheer frustration. Maybe he sees his time here as turning sour. He can't be used to starting on the bench, or being hauled off on a regular basis. He's somehow ceased to be pivotal to the team's performance. He's probably worried he's going to 'do a Hoskins'. Damn shame really. He just doesn't fit our style of play anymore, it seems to have evolved beyond him and now he's reduced to chasing shadows. Absolutely guaranteed he'd be a total success somewhere else. For example, Sandaza the horse has a shitload of goals up in Scotland, despite being pony. Maybe CMS should consider looking north of the border. He'd be a GOD up there. Wishing the boy well, whatever he decides to do in the Summer.

If CMS played for Celtic, he'd score 60 (SIXTY) goals a season.

Mind you, Gary Hart would probably get 20.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perhaps a few towel flicks on bare bottoms will help break the ice?

You may have the answer to world peace there. I reckon a lot of issues could be resolved by a few towel flicks to a naked bottom.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He does seem more and more frustrated as the season goes on. It is a shame, because as others have said play to his strengths, and he will get goals. But we just don't do that. But I didn't even see the fall out last night, was it up the North end?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
You may have the answer to world peace there. I reckon a lot of issues could be resolved by a few towel flicks to a naked bottom.

:lol:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
CMS hasn't looked particularly happy for a while. That's what I sense, anyway - just going by general body language. I could be very wrong.

Can't fault the guy's work rate though, or attitude to the fans

For 10k a week I would run around a lot and I would personally shake each and every fans hand at the end. :)

He may need to change his approach as we don't tend to play to his strengths as a player who likes to run on to the ball behind the defence. Vokes on the other hand appears to be holding the ball up and bringing others into play more and more as he gets more game time.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
With Vicente now at full fitness, and hopefully playing every game, CMS's game will be suited more, if has needed a playmaker who can have the vision to see his movement and timing of his runs, he has it now, with Vicente.

Here's hoping for his sake and ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here