Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs sniffing around Dicker now

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth would he go to Coventry?.We will be at least equal to them next season.

Great player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
once again we would lose a class player as we dont offer new deals quick enough.

Sorry, remind me how many times that has happened in the Poyet/Bloom era again?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Bags of talent on the ball and has looked very good at times this season, but quite simply the slowest professional midfield player I have ever seen and therefore probably not up to competing in the upper reaches of the championship. Decent league 1 player and could probably get by in lower championship, but if TB really wants success, I doubt Dicker is part of the long term plans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why on earth would he go to Coventry?.We will be at least equal to them next season.

Great player.

Exactly! Hull, Coventry or BHAFC with Gus and Tano (and Charlie) coaching you to better things. Difficult choice for Dicker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
once again we would lose a class player as we dont offer new deals quick enough.

Excellent! An excuse to post this...

optimist_prime_by_avid-d2xz9e1.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bags of talent on the ball and has looked very good at times this season, but quite simply the slowest professional midfield player I have ever seen and therefore probably not up to competing in the upper reaches of the championship. Decent league 1 player and could probably get by in lower championship, but if TB really wants success, I doubt Dicker is part of the long term plans.

Pace is not really what Dicker is in the team for though is it.
I can remember John Sheridan barely moving outside the centre circle all game long and yet TOTALLY dictating the game from there with his range of passing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Graham Kavanagh now at Carlisle was not the quickest of midfielders but look what influence he had on the games as indeed Paul Rodgers and Richard Carpenter for us.,

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Sniff away bitches. I'm all for this sniffing and cloak and dagger subterfuge. There is a reason why the only people sniffing round our players in bygone years were homeless piss-soaked tramps. It's because they were shit.
Now we have a quality squad sometimes it seems that people think its a surprise that other clubs are interested. What refreshing change!

And anway - I hardly think Poyet is going to ring tony Bloom one February afternoon saying 'oh blimmeee - we forget the contracts - now we will lose everyone for nothing and it really will be complicaeeed!!!
I am resting easy that we have a man running the team who knows what he is doing and how to handle himself - see Forster, Calderon etc. And we have a chairman quite happy to say: Suck my fat one Delia - I bet more than that on how many times my phone rings in an hour. take your squitty little million, bog off back to Six-finger city and tell your board to lick my dog's arse....' no-one will go for peanuts, they have not forgotten contracts and they will ensure they pay the right money to the right people who want to be here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pace is not really what Dicker is in the team for though is it.
I can remember John Sheridan barely moving outside the centre circle all game long and yet TOTALLY dictating the game from there with his range of passing.

Jan Molby wasn't known for his blistering pace either but controlled games for years without moving more than 10 yards at a time at walking pace. Good job Liverpool never knew he wasn't up to competing at the highest level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sniff away bitches. I'm all for this sniffing and cloak and dagger subterfuge. There is a reason why the only people sniffing round our players in bygone years were homeless piss-soaked tramps. It's because they were shit.
Now we have a quality squad sometimes it seems that people think its a surprise that other clubs are interested. What refreshing change!

And anway - I hardly think Poyet is going to ring tony Bloom one February afternoon saying 'oh blimmeee - we forget the contracts - now we will lose everyone for nothing and it really will be complicaeeed!!!
I am resting easy that we have a man running the team who knows what he is doing and how to handle himself - see Forster, Calderon etc. And we have a chairman quite happy to say: Suck my fat one Delia - I bet more than that on how many times my phone rings in an hour. take your squitty little million, bog off back to Six-finger city and tell your board to lick my dog's arse....' no-one will go for peanuts, they have not forgotten contracts and they will ensure they pay the right money to the right people who want to be here.

I really enjoyed the general tone of this post.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Surely Les Briley was the slowest football player ever. And he never controlled the ball let alone the game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Utter nonsense.

Given the regularity with which Dicker breaks up play, he clearly DOES move quite quick at times. I've certainly never seen him skinned, or been especially concious of a lack of pace being an issue.

If he really is the slowest you've seen, I can't imagine you've watched a lot of football.

Off the top of my head, just for the Albion, rather than generally:

Mike Trusson
Jimmy Case
Denis Mortimer
Darren Currie
Alexis Bertin

And what's more, with the exception of Trusson, any lack of pace wasn't really an issue for any of them either, as that wasn't what their games were about.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In last weeks Q&A somebody asked about the contract situation of Bridcutt and Dicker, and Naylor replied that he would be VERY surprised if either of them were not Albion players next year.

As with a few others though, a lot will depend on the division we are in. If we go up, then the likes of Cov and Hull are unlikley to be offering massively higher wages than we will, for the players we WANT to keep. I'm pretty sure Gus will have both those two in that category.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With regard to Dicker, I also think that staying at a club where he's well regarded and doing well would suit his best interests. He's not a nailed on 7.5 player, like Crofts for example, who will always win over a set of fans with his conspicuous workrate. Dicker is more cultured, capable of a 9.0 ut also the odd 6.0. When someone like Crofts has a bad game, it just looks like it wasn't his day, and the fans brush it away. When someone more languid like Dicker has a bad day, it can look like they are not trying. He could easily go elsewhere and struggle to settle / win over the fans.

He'll be pretty happy here, I'm sure, and I'm sure Gus and Tony will offer him what they feel is appropriate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Graham Kavanagh now at Carlisle was not the quickest of midfielders but look what influence he had on the games as indeed Paul Rodgers and Richard Carpenter for us.,

I'd go as far as saying Kavanagh is one of the best midfielders I've seen at Withdean. Brilliant, and consistent with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here