Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club with the biggest chip on their shoulder

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And the point of this thread is what? To assume the less successful rival is jealous via wild generalisations? :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To kick off. Everton. A club with a chip on their shoulder about their more succesful neighboors from a town which alreday has a chip the size of gibraltar on its scapula

I would have said Man City as they are completely overshadowed by United. Despite having quite literally more money than sense they still have a team that won't make the Champions League. Seems that the only reason to go there is to get very silly wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have said Man City as they are completely overshadowed by United. Despite having quite literally more money than sense they still have a team that won't make the Champions League. Seems that the only reason to go there is to get very silly wages.

Can you imagine the success a manager with the footballing philosophies of Gus could have there?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Charlton. Friendly but weird little club who absolutely detest Palace without any real reason. I think their chip stems from the fact they are desperate for a rival and Palace simply don't give a shit about them.

Or Man City.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Bristol City

Catch the post match phone in sometimes on local radio. They think that they should be in the Prem. They just moan , moan, moan.

The Gas on the other hand just want to see Rovers play good football and support their team

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tottenham

Massive chip about their more successful rivals and whose fans are the world's champion WHINGERS

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can you imagine the success a manager with the footballing philosophies of Gus could have there?

I think the problem with Man City is the now massive burden of expectation from both fans and owners. You look at Manure for example, they spent a fortune on personnel from the stewardship of Docherty through to Ferguson and let's face it, it took him quite a while to get it right. As it is nowadays because of the vast sums in both transfer fees and wages people expect instant success and we know that is not quite how it works. Any manager who goes their has their work cut out.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Swindon have got a massive chip on their shoulder towards us which is frankly PATHETIC. We beat you in the play-offs a few years back - GET OVER IT.

Cardiff City have a gigantic chip on their shoulder.

Millwall - "No one likes us - we don't care". Nope, no one gives a toss about you actually.

Crawley Town - a more deranged set of fans I've yet to meet.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leeds.

When Howard Wilkinson was manager he removed all the imagery of the 64-75 glory side around Elland Road because of the shadow it cast over his team. Leeds fans haven't moved on from the 70s; the debate rages on as to whether they were really "Dirty Leeds" or something more.

Prior to Wilkinson's arrival Leeds had done nothing until Don Revie arrived, and they did nothing much for the best part of 15 years after he left. Therefore, they haven't had the consistency of a Villa or an Everton, yet still put themselves on at least an equal footing with those clubs.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Bristol City

Catch the post match phone in sometimes on local radio. They think that they should be in the Prem. They just moan , moan, moan.

The Gas on the other hand just want to see Rovers play good football and support their team

This is true.

Favourite moment after 2004 BHAFC Play Off win against Bristol City....

We had to stay in Bristol that night and coming down the A4 Portway into Bristol from Wales, Rovers fans had suspended a huge banner from a footbridge for all the homecoming City fans. It read..

BACK TO SLEEP YOU GIANTS

LOVE FROM THE GAS HA HA HA

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I assume this is aimed at the thread starter?

Hes a Stockport fan i think :laugh:

Why on earth would I be a Stockport fan, though do remember watching Kevin Francis terrorise the albion one year.

We've probably got an average sized chip on our shoulder about being screwed over and the massive points penalty. Certainly we did against the FA a few seasons ago, but that has probably receeded a little now.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here