Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club with the biggest chip on their shoulder

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Tottenham, Never met a Spuds fan who wasn't a massive whingebag & they don't like it when they get their commupance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People talk about Spurs fans but I'd say I've heard more whingeing from "Crisis as we haven't won a trophy for 6 years" Arsenal fans...

Wenger's taken Arsenal to the Promised Land but there's no shortage of Gooner fans saying he's lost the plot over:

1. Failure to sign a goalkeeper.
2. Failure to spend big money.
3. We've not been the same since Henry / Vieira / Pires left etc etc.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Must admit, Brighton is my suggestion too.

All the clubs with 'chips' on their shoulder are those who were mis-led and mis-managed by their Board of Directors.

Think we were 'mis-managed' the worst by Archer et al.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
This is true.

Favourite moment after 2004 BHAFC Play Off win against Bristol City....

We had to stay in Bristol that night and coming down the A4 Portway into Bristol from Wales, Rovers fans had suspended a huge banner from a footbridge for all the homecoming City fans. It read..

BACK TO SLEEP YOU GIANTS

LOVE FROM THE GAS HA HA HA

And don't forget the "Better Luck Next Year Brighton" banner they took into the stadium
BEFORE the game.

Poor deluded Wurzels...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Charlton. Friendly but weird little club who absolutely detest Palace without any real reason. I think their chip stems from the fact they are desperate for a rival and Palace simply don't give a shit about them.

Whilst I personally don't have a problem with Palace (I think having a "rival club" is playground stuff anyway) there are plenty of legitimate reasons for those that do, for example that the Palace directors were complicit in us 'losing' the Valley for many years, making the groundshare offer to our board without which they might have made the necessary safety repairs (which turned out to be far less than first thought) to stay at the Valley.

And to say they don't care about Charlton is Palace propaganda (that "oh we don't care about you, aren't you silly caring about us" is as playground as they come. If Palace fans don't care about us, how come seven of them got jailed for attacking a trainload of random Charlton fans (and members of the public) three years ago?

I'd say we're about average in the chip on the shoulder stakes. My vote goes to Spurs, Man City or Leeds.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
west ham, think they won the world cup on there own....

And everybody is out to get them, Blah Blah

There Not even from the East End fans anymore they all moved out to Dagenham & Chingford....

:sick:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Brighton: Seeing how the immediate insult that comes to every 'intelligent' and 'witty' supporter's mind of every other club in every other league is: GAYS. Plus we have a strong rivalry with a club that we have barely even played! Its not like the poncy, Premiership rivalries where they can play the other teams every year or so, We are nearly never in the same league as Palace and we still have a strong rivalry. We MUST have a pretty HUGE chip.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds Leeds and Leeds, oh and Portsmouth and Southampton. Clubs that have been troubled but still act as if they haven't been basically. Cut your cloth accordingly is the message for most who have suffered, not these three because they think they are better than they are.

I would also add Swindon to this for their "unfair" relegation a few seasons back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
and Gillingham, seem to think being the only club in Kent gives them aspirations of being a Premiership club. They forget that Gillingham is a complete armpit of a place that anyone in the rest of Kent is completely embarassed by. A little like Crawley in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here