Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club with the biggest chip on their shoulder

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Charlton. Friendly but weird little club who absolutely detest Palace without any real reason. I think their chip stems from the fact they are desperate for a rival and Palace simply don't give a shit about them.

Or Man City.

Ah no..as Fankie Howerd would have said.

There are good historic reasons, summed up by two words ...Ron Noades.

As Club Chairman at Palace in the late '80's Ron tried to get Charlton merged into Palace whilst they had been made homeless by the Gliksteins who then owned the Valley.

Charlton were the forst league club other than the odd emergency job, who played their home games at another club's home ground.

The first season they were at Selhurst (I think) Palace joined them in the old First Division 1989-90.

We then played an "away" fixture at Palace and were given the home Holmesdale end. Choruses of "Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see Palace win away..." Result I think 3-0 and the Addicks were relegated at the end of the season.

since then...:catfight:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
how come seven of them got jailed for attacking a trainload of random Charlton fans (and members of the public) three years ago?

i am no palace lover but thats a bit dramatic. there were some very harsh sentences handed down for that incident.

what about all those b mob boys then. see its this butter wouldnt melt charlton attitude that gets under peoples skin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here