Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Signs Stadium Contract

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I see that Martin Perry and Derek Chapman, today signed the Contract with the Buckingham Group.

Does this mean that all the finances are in place, and we will be told how much and from where we are borrowing the money?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I see that Martin Perry and Derek Chapman, today signed the Contract with the Buckingham Group.

Does this mean that all the finances are in place, and we will be told how much and from where we are borrowing the money?

Buckingham group would not have signed the contract if the funding was not in place or unless they were completely satisfied that the funding would be in place.

If I read between the lines I would say that the club has at least 2/3 of the funding in place now with perhaps another 20 million required. Buckingham would be very misguided to sign the full contract if the club only had the funding in place for the first phase (access roads ect).

This is a very good sign that the timeline of stadium is being met. Exciting times I reckon!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
It certainly means that Buckingham will be convinced that they'll get paid for doing the work.

i'd say it actually means they are convinced that they'll receive stage payments against staged elements of the work. very different from them being convinced they'll get paid for constructing the entire project.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bit of a non-story really isn't it? I'm just gonna check back in 3 years when it's built (hopefully).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
an incredible thing is finally happening, i think for many it has not sunk in yet.

incredible.

i was thinking about how teary i'm going to be when i walk in that stadium for the first time.

Falmer tears…..

I know what you mean! I remember the last game at the goldstone, the magnitude of the situation didn’t really kick in till after the game.
Me, my brother and his friends were all caught up in all the madness, tearing up bits of turf and grabbing a couple of blue chairs for souvenirs. It suddenly hit home when I saw an old couple probably in their late 70’s/80’s in tears they looked gutted! After the initial buzz of the post game shenanigans I was again brought down to earth on the train back to Redhill, realising it was the end, I was in tears!

I was 13 then, 25 now and I’ll be 28 when Falmers completed I can’t imagine I’ll be able to hold back the tears

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:dance::mexican:

I might just take a drink or two this evening in celebration of this momentous occasion.

IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It certainly means that Buckingham will be convinced that they'll get paid for doing the work.

Thats very naive LB, just because an order is placed, it does not mean they have or will have the means to pay.
I have a lot of promised orders from customers for next year, but whether that are still around then remains to be seen,
an order ain't an order till its been paid for.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thats very naive LB, just because an order is placed, it does not mean they have or will have the means to pay.
I have a lot of promised orders from customers for next year, but whether that are still around then remains to be seen,
an order ain't an order till its been paid for.

In this instance, I suspect it means that Buckingham have seen evidence of the means and willingness to pay.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i'd say it actually means they are convinced that they'll receive stage payments against staged elements of the work. very different from them being convinced they'll get paid for constructing the entire project.
That's probably best for all concerned. The LAST thing we'd want to do is hand over all our (borrowed) cash only for Buckingham to go belly up in the recession.

Bit of a non-story really isn't it? I'm just gonna check back in 3 years when it's built (hopefully).
Come on Sim, cheer up. We COULD have been told that the contract signing had been delayed due to some unforseen factors, which would be EXCELLENT news as it would mean <insert excuse here>.

Personally I'm chuffed. Another little piece of the jigsaw falls into place - although they SHOULD have had a ballot to see who was going to sign it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
In this instance, I suspect it means that Buckingham have seen evidence of the means and willingness to pay.

The bottom line is that this surely means it IS going to happen, which is fantastic.

The whole saga has just gone on so long, and I am not afraid to admit that there were times when I doubted it that it would.

My son is 15, and has never seen us play in our own proper stadium - now that it's actually going to happen, I am just so bloody pleased.

We have all done our bit with Marches, letters, demonstations, sit-ins etc, but a massive thank you to all those directly involved in getting this Project up and running.

Will I cry at the opening - you'd better believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here