Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Signs Stadium Contract

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Your kiddin, me.

I will take that as a resounding NO ....

Slightly different view than testerday ... eh

You have been rumbled, even your supporters are mutterin 'please say its true..........please god'.

You can't because, well you just can't.

Its uncomfortable viewing, you know the one, 'rogue traders' ....

'Dozy 10 & LB' Plumbing Inc. [ sponsors of BHAFC ]

Your arrogance and, worst of all, your regular, childish, demeaning comments about other posters who question what you say, do you the greatest discredit.

I have always tried to avoid personally insulting anyone on this board even if I totally disagree with them, but you are the limit. I therefore apologise for my comments above but you deserve them.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
All that this needs is a simple statement from the club saying that the full £60million needed for financing is set in place and is available whenever the club needs it. No confidential information about the business plan is needed just a simple statement saying whether the money is there for whenever it is needed to ensure the stadium is built.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Your arrogance and, worst of all, your regular, childish, demeaning comments about other posters who question what you say, do you the greatest discredit.

I have always tried to avoid personally insulting anyone on this board even if I totally disagree with them, but you are the limit. I therefore apologise for my comments above but you deserve them.

Easy 10's initial swearing and abusive post must of shocked you to the core, thats what really prompted a personal snipe at him from me, just to see how what his reaction might be, it was meant to see how he felt when someone returns the abuse really, a little childish maybe.

LB I felt was misleading us to a point, however I accept that my response was a little too ill mannered and his subsequent response was very constrained and I therefore apologise to him, I was unfair.

You too have been very considered and I am sorry if I upset you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All that this needs is a simple statement from the club saying that the full £60million needed for financing is set in place and is available whenever the club needs it. No confidential information about the business plan is needed just a simple statement saying whether the money is there for whenever it is needed to ensure the stadium is built.

If they do that there will be some on here saying but what about 1 years time if the credit crunch situation hasnt eased.

I think that it would be better to say nothing other than Buckingham Group are satisfied that they will be paid as and when the payments are due.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If they do that there will be some on here saying but what about 1 years time if the credit crunch situation hasnt eased.

I think that it would be better to say nothing other than Buckingham Group are satisfied that they will be paid as and when the payments are due.

Thats rubbish, either the money is available whenever it is needed or it's not and the club are struggling to get it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Not enough !?

Martin Perry's team of five. Who are they?

I know if I was investing that sort of money, I would want my Man involved in the decision making process.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why should anybody (a) agree to lend us £30m in 12 months time, when the lending and borrowing situation may have changed, and not charge us interest albeit reduced on money that they cannot use elsewhere (b) why should we borrow the money now and pay the interest on it if it is not needed for 12 months.

As you know I am not a pro DK but I consider that what MP has said about the finances being available when required is sufficient for them to get started. If like Oxford they run out of cash and cannot finish the project I am sure somebody will come in and take it over at a reduced rate/price.

Drizzlecake

Oct 2, 2008
Hove
Well, as I understand it, the director short in stature but big in wealth is sticking in £30m, the rest they're still looking for.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We have a director with £30m kicking around (possibly implying he's got anything up to ten times that)?

Do tell.

Bloom won big in the poker last week:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If like Oxford they run out of cash and cannot finish the project I am sure somebody will come in and take it over at a reduced rate/price.

A non-comparison really. Oxford/Kassam could easily afford to pay for the stadium, as Firoz Kassam was worth in excess of £250m, but he was not interested in securing the future of the club. He made a mint from redeveloping The Manor and still owns Kassam Stadium and the various supporting ventures. He did not run out of money, he was simply stalling things to get the best deal.

Kassam is the reason Oxford languish in the Conference. A severe lack of money invested into the team. Makes you pleased that we have an astute board.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here