Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Signs Stadium Contract

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm not sure what the mention of me in this message is supposed to imply.

Just in case there is any doubt, however, I will say this only once. I am not "in the know" about the Falmer finances.

I've followed the issue in some detail, but all I have ever heard is what has been said publicly. I will, however, concede that I may interpret the public statements differently from some others.

As things stand at the moment, I am interpreting the signing of the contract as evidence that the finance will be in place to complete the project. I'm basing that interpretation not on blind faith in the Albion's Board of Directors, but on my own experience as a project and contract manager. The fact that most of my experience has been in the public sector, rather than the private sector, may cause some people to question its relevance. But I can live with that.

I'm quite comfortable about the fact that the Club haven't revealed all the details. I understand why some people want to see more detail, before they will "believe", but I understand the argument that says that, even after the details have been finalised, it is right to keep some information confidential. Big project finances are like that.

Some of the funding streams that have previously been mentioned raise questions in my mind. And I've asked them, without necessarily expecting an answer at this stage. One is about the securitisation of season ticket revenues (see earlier in this thread). Another is about the likelihood of stadium naming rights being negotiated at a level that might have been imagined three years ago. But to raise these questions isn't to cast doubt on the viability of the whole project.

Stated brutally, the key thing is that although the Club is putting itself into debt to build the stadium, it is paying for the best possible advice as to how to manage that debt over a long period of time. That'll do for me.

You acknowledged and tried to lend some credibility to the excuberiance to the signing of the building contrator, even offering a view that this guaranteed the funds !!

Me and others quite rightly questioned you interpretation and you continue to fail miserably.

Tell the world that the money is place and I will be as pleased as you and others.

You can't because you are spin merchant for the club, we have NOT got the money and who knows when we will.

Your an excuse for valid information, and your sudden backtrack is embarassing.

Your a liar .....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus H Corbett, you are f***ing hard work. Am I typing in too many syllables or something ? LOOK, you cretin.
I. Said.

if you'd actually bothered reading my earlier post (difficult for you I know, as your fingers were no doubt itching to impart yet more of your pearls of guesswork dressed up as fact), you might have noticed that I am of the view that the club does NOT have £65m sitting in an account somewhere, just waiting to be drawn upon. So in that respect, we can accurately say that no, the funds are not yet "in place" to pay for the whole thing up front.

To which, give or take a few choice insults, YOU then come out with...

You choose to be abusive to me, because I raise a concern, I think quite reasonnably that actually the finance isn't as yet in place.

So tell your disciples, IS the finance in place ?

Is the money there to build it ??

Tell us and then we can all celebrate at the Alter that is 'Dozy 10 ' !

So I'll type this v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y again, so you can get your NUT around it.

If the question is "is the finance in place RIGHT NOW to pay for the stadium ?" then the answer to that (as I have already stated twice on this thread, so this, once again, for the THIRD time is just for you dear) is almost certainly "no".

If the question is "is there an agreed business plan and signed contract between all parties to commence construction of the stadium in December 2008" then thats a big fat "YES". Now if even the initial funding was not assured at this stage, then my GUESS (because just like you, I'm not party to the details) would be that the contract would not have been signed, and work would not be commencing in 2-3 weeks time. They'd have put it back with a statement about the "current financial climate" or somesuch.
OK ? Savvy ?

Oh and well done on the "Dozy 10" by the way. Thats just genius, you must be very proud, errr, BigWally. Or whatever.

:rolleyes:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Jesus H Corbett, you are f***ing hard work. Am I typing in too many syllables or something ? LOOK, you cretin.
I. Said.

To which, give or take a few choice insults, YOU then come out with...

So I'll type this v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y again, so you can get your NUT around it.

If the question is "is the finance in place RIGHT NOW to pay for the stadium ?" then the answer to that (as I have already stated twice on this thread, so this, once again, for the THIRD time is just for you dear) is almost certainly "no".

If the question is "is there an agreed business plan and signed contract between all parties to commence construction of the stadium in December 2008" then thats a big fat "YES". Now if even the initial funding was not assured at this stage, then my GUESS (because just like you, I'm not party to the details) would be that the contract would not have been signed, and work would not be commencing in 2-3 weeks time. They'd have put it back with a statement about the "current financial climate" or somesuch.
OK ? Savvy ?

Oh and well done on the "Dozy 10" by the way. Thats just genius, you must be very proud, errr, BigWally. Or whatever.

:rolleyes:

The contract is a normal procedure after the tender, we already knew that.

After the Buckingham Group were awarded the works whilst winning the tender, that the contract was obviously the next step.

Jeeeez, rocket science.

How you and your mates then trumpet that this someway signals the full funding, only you know.

You want to be acknowledged as a 'chirpy guy' ... fine.

But you have offered a view that does not exist, tell the world that the funds are in place and we will see, but you probably can't.

You my friend aint the sharpest and you do not wish to offer wrong information, but LB is part of the spin machine and is knowingly offering inaccurate information.

Maybe tell us a joke, but dont tell us what might be happening within th club, you will never be credible !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, I'm not.

No, I'm not.

As for the rest of your outburst, I am happy to associate myself with Easy 10's post above and willingly acknowledge his role as my spin merchant.

Well tell the forum that the funding is in place, it aint hard....go on, I dare you.

You intimated that yesterday and if I cared I would pick it and post it.

Well ...???

The Club will go into debt to pay for the stadium.

As I've said on the other thread [the one with the poll], the question isn't about whether 'the funding is in place'. It's about whether the debt management scheme is robust.

If Lloyds TSB promised the whole £65 million as a loan, and announced this tomorrow, you'd be happy. The funding would be in place. Whoopie doo.

I wouldn't, because I've sat through a Public Inquiry and heard the Chief Executive explain that a debt of £65 million would be unsustainable.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The Club will go into debt to pay for the stadium.

As I've said on the other thread [the one with the poll], the question isn't about whether 'the funding is in place'. It's about whether the debt management scheme is robust.

Your kiddin, me.

I will take that as a resounding NO ....

Slightly different view than testerday ... eh

You have been rumbled, even your supporters are mutterin 'please say its true..........please god'.

You can't because, well you just can't.

Its uncomfortable viewing, you know the one, 'rogue traders' ....

'Dozy 10 & LB' Plumbing Inc. [ sponsors of BHAFC ]

Your kiddin, me.

You have been rumbled, even your supporters are mutterin 'please say its true..........please god'.

As Easy 10 said ... Jesus H Corbett, you are f***ing hard work.

If the work is starting, it's a resounding YES to the question that matters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must be extremely thick, no answers please, but I would have thought that the Buckingham Group wouldnt have agreed to carry out the work and sign a legally binding contract accordingly if they had not been guaranteed to receive payment in stages for the job whether it be from private funds , loans, grants or whatever they must be reasonably satisfied that they will get paid or they wouldnt start the job. I also do not see that it is the clubs duty to issue a statement as to how and from where the money is coming from to make these payments.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
My understanding was that it was standard practice in planning permission for major projects that they needed the money in place to start building, after the Kassam Stadium in Oxford was put on hold for a couple of years after they run out of money?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Again I say, Martin Perry covered this in his Radio Reverb interview. He said what LB and Easy 10 are saying. Namely that there is a business plan in place that shows how and when funds will become available in time for when they are needed. This plan is sound enough for the Buckingham Group to believe that they will get paid with out problems and to sign the contract. I have followed what the club have said about this quite closely and this is their consistently stated position. Not a hard one to understand.

They are not going to show us that plan. Get over it or become a major shareholder.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Your kiddin, me.

I having understanding problems again. I am having trouble understanding how anyone takes you seriously

Again I say, Martin Perry covered this in his Radio Reverb interview. He said what LB and Easy 10 are saying. Namely that there is a business plan in place that shows how and when funds will become available in time for when they are needed. This plan is sound enough for the Buckingham Group to believe that they will get paid with out problems and to sign the contract. I have followed what the club have said about this quite closely and this is their consistently stated position. Not a hard one to understand.

They are not going to show us that plan. Get over it or become a major shareholder.

Thank you for this clear, concise explanation. Hopefully thread closed.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No, I'm not.

No, I'm not.

As for the rest of your outburst, I am happy to associate myself with Easy 10's post above and willingly acknowledge his role as my spin merchant.

Big Gully that is outrageous!! I have stated above that Lord B, in my view, might be a bit too close to the club now to give a truly independent view (which he has defended above), but to go as far as to call him a liar is ridiculous.

Your tone of post has dramatically changed overnight. Were you having a bad day?!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

That's Councillor Cretin to you if you don't mind.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How you and your mates then trumpet that this someway signals the full funding, only you know.

You want to be acknowledged as a 'chirpy guy' ... fine.

But you have offered a view that does not exist, tell the world that the funds are in place and we will see, but you probably can't.

You my friend aint the sharpest and you do not wish to offer wrong information, but LB is part of the spin machine and is knowingly offering inaccurate information.

Maybe tell us a joke, but dont tell us what might be happening within th club, you will never be credible !!!

This would be almost laughable if it wasn't so tragic.
How many TIMES do I have to state the same thing in a way for you to comprehend ? Show me the post where I have claimed that ALL the funds for the stadium are in place right now. Go on, dig it up and quote it here. If you can't find one (which you won't), then can we finally lay to rest your Rainman-like repetative disorder in claiming that I've said all the funds are in place ? Or will you STILL not quite "get it" ?

I hope for your sake that you're on some kind of a wind-up, because nobody allowed access to a functioning keyboard could be as deliberately retarded as you without being sectioned. And apparently I'M "not the sharpest" ??

:shootself:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well tell the forum that the funding is in place, it aint hard....go on, I dare you.

You intimated that yesterday and if I cared I would pick it and post it.

Well ...???

You obviously do care because you've been banging on for days-how about showing us these comments you are talking about?

I'm sure that if ALL the money was, at this minute, sitting in the Albion's bank account, BigGully would be banging on about how irresponsible the Club was, incurring all those interest charges for no reason whatsoever.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Perahps I am missing something here but what right do we as mere supporters have to know whether or not the funding is in place and if so to what degree. If Buckingham's are confident that they will get paid and have signed a the contract then I am happy to accept that the funding that is needed for the first stage payment is in place, however and from where it has been obtained. Are we as supporters going to act as guarantors for the loan? No, so why should we know how much and from which bank etc.

You make avery good point. It's not our company. We don't have a right to know anything more than what they choose to tell us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here