Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Signs Stadium Contract

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
That's probably best for all concerned. The LAST thing we'd want to do is hand over all our (borrowed) cash only for Buckingham to go belly up in the recession.

that's not how it works though.

work is divided into stages.

stages are completed and architects' certs of completion are issued.

client (bha) then pays. if no payment, no next stage.

simple really.

point i was making above is that this actually means that they are confident of being paid for staged work. doesn't at all mean that all funding is in place or that they will go ahead regardless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Come on Sim, cheer up. We COULD have been told that the contract signing had been delayed due to some unforseen factors, which would be EXCELLENT news as it would mean <insert excuse here>.
Mate, I know I grumble and whine more and more every day, but to be honest I'm sick of it all now. In fact the whole club is pissing me off at the moment.

As for Falmer, well at the end of the day we've been told "three years" so until then I'm not interested in it (unless of course we hear that because of some more fantastic news that it's being delayed a bit longer).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
that's not how it works though.

work is divided into stages.

stages are completed and architects' certs of completion are issued.

client (bha) then pays. if no payment, no next stage.

simple really.

point i was making above is that this actually means that they are confident of being paid for staged work. doesn't at all mean that all funding is in place or that they will go ahead regardless.

Yeah I know we wouldn't REALLY hand over all the cash, in advance, in one go. And I also know that it doesn't necessarily mean that all the funding is in place - there's still time for us to 'do an Oxford' and end up with a half-built stadium because the funding for the latter stages never materialised.

But at least both parties are confident enough to sign up and we can now start. There were times, dark times, when I thought we'd never get this far.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fanbloodytastic!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Yeah I know we wouldn't REALLY hand over all the cash, in advance, in one go. And I also know that it doesn't necessarily mean that all the funding is in place - there's still time for us to 'do an Oxford' and end up with a half-built stadium because the funding for the latter stages never materialised.

But at least both parties are confident enough to sign up and we can now start. There were times, dark times, when I thought we'd never get this far.

sums it up well:clap:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The contract is signed, barring an utter disaster we will get a stadium at long last. We have won. Marvellous scenes :falmer:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Hey we are on the same side here, but why am I just not interpreting this the same as the majority on here.

Getting someone to build the stadium doesn't seem to be the problem, we had a few companies standing in queue for that, its getting the funding in place in todays financial environment that is the critical and most difficult part

There is no indication from the club that we have that funding yet, so this contract is no doubt 'subject' to getting that funding and therefore not too sure why we should feel that this has moved things forward.

Buckinghams views are accepting BHA's indication to do some work for them and they will pay them as agreed and they will build it as agreed.

The commercial decision remains that both companies hope that either of them do not go bust and contracts will be drawn up to try and minimise the effect to each company if the unthinkable happens.

But until we have secured the finance no-one is likely to do very much other than sign contracts of course with multiple clauses saying 'subject to the funding to be in place'.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The stadium should be ready for when i go home!! Getting myself a season ticket.

If i can afford it. Ill be a student then. A very old student. :down:

This has made me really happy. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Looking good, nice to see it on their site at last. I just pinged this over to my Leeds United following work colleague, his response was :-

"nice, but when are you going to build a proper team"

how should I respond!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Looking good, nice to see it on their site at last. I just pinged this over to my Leeds United following work colleague, his response was :-

how should I respond!

Boiling hot water in the face is the only way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hey we are on the same side here, but why am I just not interpreting this the same as the majority on here.

Getting someone to build the stadium doesn't seem to be the problem, we had a few companies standing in queue for that, its getting the funding in place in todays financial environment that is the critical and most difficult part

There is no indication from the club that we have that funding yet, so this contract is no doubt 'subject' to getting that funding and therefore not too sure why we should feel that this has moved things forward.

Buckinghams views are accepting BHA's indication to do some work for them and they will pay them as agreed and they will build it as agreed.

The commercial decision remains that both companies hope that either of them do not go bust and contracts will be drawn up to try and minimise the effect to each company if the unthinkable happens.

But until we have secured the finance no-one is likely to do very much other than sign contracts of course with multiple clauses saying 'subject to the funding to be in place'.

Well there's a shock. "BigGully in glass-half-empty revelation".
The contract is signed, the diggers are moving in, but hey - the Albion or Buckingham could still go bust. Or the financial backers could pull out. Or all the builders could mysteriously die of AIDS within a few months of the Christmas party. Or a tsunami could hit Rottingdean on Boxing Day, washing 12 miles inland and destroying the site. Or a meteor could hit.

Whats the odds that when you take your place at Falmer, you'll be moaning at the colour of your seat, or the sun being in your eyes. There'll have to be SOMETHING surely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

how should I respond!

"At least we f***ing PAY for ours"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here