Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Signs Stadium Contract

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
What about "We have in place a very strong business plan, which will give us full access to the required funding. The plan does include a mortgage, but the borrowing is at a level which is affordable and realistic even in the current extraordinary conditions in the financial markets" ?

Would that satisfy you?

of course not. in financial language that's a million miles from having secured funding.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What about "We have in place a very strong business plan, which will give us full access to the required funding. The plan does include a mortgage, but the borrowing is at a level which is affordable and realistic even in the current extraordinary conditions in the financial markets" ?

Would that satisfy you?

I am not too sure what strong business plan could be offered at present, other than individuals offering sizable amount of their personal wealth or guarantees or the public guaranteed monies.

Business plans are based on assumptions and currently most assumptions econimically unfortunately are negative.

We are not helped by our league position and current attendances and any associated commercial income that comes with relative footballing success.

I would suspect that our business plan is a changeable one at present, I am not saying it wont happen but jeeeeez it would of been a fight.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Firstly the contractor would never start building on unsecured funds even when showed an offer ( subject to a million things ), not a chance, he might make a token gesture of building but nothing major, until the deal is secured.

From the club website: "Preparatory work is due to begin on the site in Falmer in early December".

What do you mean by secured/unsecured? Is all the money sitting in BHA FCs bank account? No. Are agreements in place for all the necessary funding as and when they are required? Yes. If the answer to the second was no, the council would not have given us the land, Buckingham would not have signed the contract and work would not be commencing in December.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think we can all accept that the club does not have a swiss bank account with a £65m desposit sitting in it just waiting to be splurged on the stadium. If thats what the doubters are crying out for as an assurance that "funds are in place", then when that guarantee is not forthcoming, of course they're not going to believe the thing will ever get built, and the doubts will continue to be expressed.

What we have been told is that a robust business plan is in place to fund the building of the stadium. B&HCC and the Buckingham Group have agreed, hence todays news, and we are told work will start this month.

Outside of Perry opening a vein and writing in blood that the stadium will open in August 2011, there's not really a lot more that can be said, is there ?

Can't disagree with any of that Easy. But no-one is asking for detail or guarentees.

All a few of us are asking for are the words FUNDING IS IN PLACE to be uttered by Martin. Not "all the money is in BHA's bank account", but merely that funding is in place ready to be drawn down as and when required for the entire project. Shouldnt be too hard and surely those few words wouldnt breach any commercial confidences. If he cant because its not, then all this hyping of the start is potentially really damaging to club/fan trust.

I'm hopeful all will be well, but surely its best to temper expectations until everything is definite. God knows we've had enough set backs to date and I think one more round of raised expectations dashed, might just do for some of us!!

From the club website: "Preparatory work is due to begin on the site in Falmer in early December".

What do you mean by secured/unsecured? Is all the money sitting in BHA FCs bank account? No. Are agreements in place for all the necessary funding as and when they are required? Yes. If the answer to the second was no, the council would not have given us the land, Buckingham would not have signed the contract and work would not be commencing in December.
Nail on head.

But that's not enough for some folk.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Can't disagree with any of that Easy. But no-one is asking for detail or guarentees.

All a few of us are asking for are the words FUNDING IS IN PLACE to be uttered by Martin. Not "all the money is in BHA's bank account", but merely that funding is in place ready to be drawn down as and when required for the entire project. Shouldnt be too hard and surely those few words wouldnt breach any commercial confidences. If he cant because its not, then all this hyping of the start is potentially really damaging to club/fan trust.

I'm hopeful all will be well, but surely its best to temper expectations until everything is definite. God knows we've had enough set backs to date and I think one more round of raised expectations dashed, might just do for some of us!!

I can't remember his exact words, but I think that is pretty much what he said in a recent radio interview.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Well your then saying that the finance is in place for the project, great but didnt think that was confirmed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Martin Perry has already said it’s not a case of ‘here’s £X million, sign on the dotted line and off you go’, it’s a case of accessing the funding when we need it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Martin Perry has already said it’s not a case of ‘here’s £X million, sign on the dotted line and off you go’, it’s a case of accessing the funding when we need it.

Thats right, but the funding is in place and secured before any phases can start. You dont secure a bit of funding build some and then go and try and raise some more later on.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Our new stadium starts HERE:clap2:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I can't be bothered to be sceptical any more so even though all credit crunch roadsigns point to disappointment in the near future this is great news.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I choose to ignore the repetitive 'I'm worried' and 'its never going to get built' which comes trundling out every time we hear ANY news. Although I am fed up with constant 'keep the faith's too, in terms of the ground I'm going to concentrate on progress and belief progress means going forward, not goign deeper.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Nail on head.

But that's not enough for some folk.

Dont dismiss or deride people that reasonably comment that things might be difficult at present.

I am not apportioning blame or being overly pessimistic, but as yet there has not been any confirmation that the financing is secured.

Your excuberance at the signing of a contract doesnt tell us much.

Finance remains the critical part of the project and you better remember that bigger and better business's than BHA have been wiped out recently and more will follow and for us to buck this trend would be a great great achievement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bollox to a binfest on what money is in what bank and for once shame on all of you who question this.

The reality is finally all our dreams will come true and we will go to the ball and have our own stadium.

Finally in less than 3 years we will not get soaked during a game when it rains, put up with no atmosphere and have rubbish catering facilities.

What it means is going to watch BHAFC at home will be a pleasant experience where you can have a pint, a full three course meal in a nice catering facility, a decent burger and also probably place a bet if you like. After the game instead of charging off 10 minutes early to get in a queue for the park and ride you can remain at the stadium and enjoy a few more pints with some mates and discuss the game you have seen.

Also this means BHAFC can have a decent set of offices and modern club shop that in turn brings additional revenue and with the bonus of larger crowds is a revenue stream to propel the club forward financially to better things.

This is the greatest news this club has had for quite a while and this stadium is for us fans, for our children and our childrens' children.

To everyone who did anything to campaign for this and to those that did more I thank each and every one of you and so should every other fan of BHAFC.

The future for BHAFC is now very bright to say the least and I will certainly drink to that tonight.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Your excuberance at the signing of a contract doesnt tell us much.

I tend to disagree with that, the Buckingham Group are a big and well recognised building firm. The Council are also on board so I honestly can't see why you can see this as a bit of good news today?

If the club were saying the contract is going to be signed in the new year or there are other delays and concerns, then worry.

This is good news and shows us that WORK WILL START VERY SOON.

Chill out, have a beer and stop worrying.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Bollox to a binfest on what money is in what bank and for once shame on all of you who question this.

The reality is finally all our dreams will come true and we will go to the ball and have our own stadium.

Finally in less than 3 years we will not get soaked during a game when it rains, put up with no atmosphere and have rubbish catering facilities.

What it means is going to watch BHAFC at home will be a pleasant experience where you can have a pint, a full three course meal in a nice catering facility, a decent burger and also probably place a bet if you like. After the game instead of charging off 10 minutes early to get in a queue for the park and ride you can remain at the stadium and enjoy a few more pints with some mates and discuss the game you have seen.

Also this means BHAFC can have a decent set of offices and modern club shop that in turn brings additional revenue and with the bonus of larger crowds is a revenue stream to propel the club forward financially to better things.

This is the greatest news this club has had for quite a while and this stadium is for us fans, for our children and our childrens' children.

To everyone who did anything to campaign for this and to those that did more I thank each and every one of you and so should every other fan of BHAFC.

The future for BHAFC is now very bright to say the least and I will certainly drink to that tonight.

Well said Sir!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Piss poor report on the Official site, and nothing at all at the Argus.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008

Hey, this is going to be great! I am starting to look forward to those beers after the game and not rushing off! :albion2::drink:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Lets make points taken from this thread, and turn them into some form of sense. Stadium funding is not all in place. It does not need to be. The club have assurances from the lenders that the money will be in place as and when it is needed. This is almost a 3 year project, and aquiring 100% of the required funds at this stage will incur the begininng of interest at the set rate by the lending financial institute(s).
People wondering why ALL the money is not sitting in some secure account, clearly do not grasp how the building of multi million pound projects is masterminded. The money will come when it is required. You can safely rest assured that the Buckingham Group would not have entered into a legally binding contract with the club if there were doubts that funding was still an issue. The club would have needed to show substantial evidence from lenders that the funding was in place when it is required.
Perry is not a fool, he knows exactly how to play the game.

2. The stadium is going ahead, and we should all be thankful to all those involved with securing Brighton and Hove Albion's future. The days of sitting in the piss wet rain in a converted athletics track are numbered. If the news today is still doubting some fans of it's credibility, then you need to go and sit down and ask yourself some serious questions.
The signing of that contract to build the stadium at Falmer is the biggest breakthrough in the last 8 years.
All we have to do now, is sit back and wait, and look forward to the day when we will all take our first look at the finished article.

That will be a day well worth waiting for, and one never to forget.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here