Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Forum - Tonight (Just back from it)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The smart card system is good .. it also enables the club to generate cash . Its simple really .. you have a club card with your details on , you can then credit it with money like a phone card . or linked to a credit card . The club then just takes money out of account . .. it also works within the stadium for food drinks etc

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Discounting the Bertin saga and all this phone and smart card bollox which is really just starting to bore me now, was there anything else of note which might snap me out of my coma?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Surely just phoning a number or even sending a text is a lot easier than going into town to buy tickets, or collecting them at the ground. I don't think people will just say "f*** it" when faced with the challenge of typing in an 11 digit code!

Nail on the head. He just attempted to make the most simple thing in the world sound like a convoluted pain in the arse. :shootself

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Not any more, it would appear. How effective would Bertin be if the rest of the players (as was implied) wouldn't want to play alongside him.

I would hope we have rather more professional players than that.

Much as we'd like to believe they all bleed blue and white, it's a job. If the version stated earlier is true, it's lunacy from the club.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just a question on the ticket system.

If someone was to arrive from overseas for a few weeks holiday and wanted to get a ticket does that mean they would need to purchase a phone and a credit card to be able to obtain one?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just a question on the ticket system.

If someone was to arrive from overseas for a few weeks holiday and wanted to get a ticket does that mean they would need to purchase a phone and a credit card to be able to obtain one?

Presumably they could then still go to the shop and buy one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My take on the Bertin situation is this;

Whilst there are, indeed, such things as dignity, proffessionalism and common courtesy, there is also a thing called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It is not often I say this, but on this the club are wrong. As are many of you. When we are 17th in the league in April, Hammond's injured, El Abd's suspended again, and we have a CM partnership of Fraser and Mayo trying to keep us up, I hope you're all still pleased we didn't sign the rude Frenchman.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Reading the other thread about questions people wanted to ask, DK has been on to the FA about West Ham/Tevez and been brushed off, so he has written again and is actively pursuing it.

This will kick off big style in next few weeks - watch this space.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
LOL ... Brilliant ... so the most discussed topic to come out of the fans forum is the technology that is going to be used on the turnstiles of a stadium that is at least 3years away from being built ...

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The Smart Card Idea.

What if your sitting in the pub with a group of mates at 2 oclock on saturday and decide to go to the game. How can you ensure your seats are all together?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What he didn't go on to say was that to enable your phone to such a service you will have to pay the club a yearly fee of £50 for the purple phone membership scheme.

:jester:
Will true superfans want to join the purple phone membership scheme when the gold phone membership scheme is available at 250 quid a year ? I envisage a cashless ticketing system to involve both the smartcard and mobile , if you are a season ticket holder the smartcard is enabled for the whole season , one off ticket purchases from the shop will be loaded onto the smartcard. The purchase of tickets on the day , logically is to SMS or ring a dedicated number which will charge your debit/credit card and a reverse SMS will deliver a barcode to your mobile. When you get to the entry point you swipe your mobile in front of a scanner which will marry up the barcode to your smartcard to download the purchase and allow you entry. Either that or a twat in a fluorescent jacket checking to see if you've got a barcode on your mobile and wanting 4 forms of identification !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Smart Card Idea.

What if your sitting in the pub with a group of mates at 2 oclock on saturday and decide to go to the game. How can you ensure your seats are all together?
I would anticipate that the seats will all be unreserved and it is first come first served. With a big game there may not be many seats left in which case the seats will have to be allocated and your mates are in 3 different stands !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone ask the club if it was thinking of printing the fixture list and posters in Polish?

At southampton they recon they have incresed ST's bt 20% with foreign workers/residents buying. I suppose it also helps they have 3 eastern European /polish players to watch.

In the Fulham friendly we played, there were loads of EF students sat by us who it transpired had come to see Woltz play!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Did anyone ask the club if it was thinking of printing the fixture list and posters in Polish?

At southampton they recon they have incresed ST's bt 20% with foreign workers/residents buying. I suppose it also helps they have 3 eastern European /polish players to watch.

In the Fulham friendly we played, there were loads of EF students sat by us who it transpired had come to see Woltz play!!!
Very good point. My office cleaner is Polish, one day he saw my Brighton shirt and we had a very fractured conversation about football - I obviously knew no Polish and the only English he really knows is 'Hello' and 'Vacuum now?'.

Anyway he told me Monday he went to the Kerry Mayo testimonial - well at least that's what I think he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here