Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Forum - Tonight (Just back from it)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm at least partially reassured by that answer on pay on the day, having been one of those raising it on that thread earlier today.

As a fan, you would make it your business to get one of these cards even if you will only use it a couple of times a season. Once you've got it, it's relatively easy to buy with a debit card presumably right up to kick-off if there is space. ..
Presumably when you get your Smartcard, you establish your credit/debit card number in the application and it automatically defaults to that number whenever you phone up to activate it.

Piece of piss.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cashless Falmer................. what bollox

''Oh I think I might take my young son to Falmer for the first time today. Now wheres my smart card. I must activate it.What number should I ring........... ah f*** it.''

most premiership clubs use it now I believe, whats the problem

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So no new players then ffs

I didn't get the chance during the forum but I did ask Wilkins about loans afterwards. Obviously he couldn't name names but there is something in the offing. Part of the problem is the rule of only playing for two clubs in one season. If a player comes after Sept 1st then it is classed as an emergency loan and doesn't count. Therefore one player has said he will come to us Sept 1st and that way if there is an offer for him in the Jan window then he is available.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought the idea was that you set up an account with the club, and they give you a credit card type thing. Then, using your phone, you can phone a number that instantly enables your card to be used for entry into the ground, and at the same time takes the money from your bank. Still, he didn't go into much detail so it could have been read a few ways I guess. It might be that you produce your phone at the barrier Orange Wednesday style I guess:lolol:

That does sound more like it.:lolol::lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I didn't quite get the gist of it but Martin Perry did say that you could order a ticket on your phone (providing it was enabled) and just produce the phone at the barrier (as well as the smart card)
What he didn't go on to say was that to enable your phone to such a service you will have to pay the club a yearly fee of £50 for the purple phone membership scheme.

:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What he didn't go on to say was that to enable your phone to such a service you will have to pay the club a yearly fee of £50 for the purple phone membership scheme.

:jester:

:laugh::laugh:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Reading the other thread about questions people wanted to ask, DK has been on to the FA about West Ham/Tevez and been brushed off, so he has written again and is actively pursuing it.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I was under the impression that with the phone bit at the turnstile that they would send something to your phone once you have paid, then when you are at the gate you can blue-tooth it or something and it would let you in through the barrier.

My ticket for arsenal last sunday was a paper one that had some chip in it that could be scanned, so id imagine there might even be some of them aswell

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was under the impression that with the phone bit at the turnstile that they would send something to your phone once you have paid, then when you are at the gate you can blue-tooth it or something and it would let you in through the barrier.

That's similar to what I thought I heard.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He said a relative of Bertin's HAD been in contact asking whether the contract was still available, and Knight had told him that it was not. Concensus was that he is a player who did not want to play for us, and even though Knight and Wilkins thought he had done well, they did not want someone who saw us as a last resort.

Nice one DK. :thumbsup: I hope Bertain's on the dole come 11th Aug. Players and people in general just have no shame these days. Fair enough if I wanted to try my luck elsewhere and poke my present employers in the eye as a consequence. But i'd never dream of then returning and saying, er, I couldn't find anything better, can I come back? Never mind actually expecting them to welcome me back! What a twat. Hope he's learnt a lesson if nothing else.:tosser:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
:lolol:

I was thinking of giving him a standing ovation, or maybe adding a "here, here," to the end of his comments, but my conclusion was that I would probably look like a twat! Whoever he was though, he has my respect for talking to Wilkins as though he was a MORON for even contemplating a new goalkeeper.

He didn't talk to Wilkins as though he was a MORON, as much as you want to believe that. He said it in a disapproving way but Wilkins wasn't moved by that at all.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Oh the irony of this 'phone business- last match I attended i left my 'phone on the platform at Angmering- Twat, yes, but if the 'phone was also my ticket...

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cant believe the anti-Bertin feeling on here. Footballers are just trying to earn the most that they can and none have any loyalty these days.
I'd much rather see Bertin in our midfield than that donkey El-Abd, who cant pass, gives away about half a dozen penalties a season and abuses his own supporters. With one of the above we have a chance of promotion, with the other no chance.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cant believe the anti-Bertin feeling on here. Footballers are just trying to earn the most that they can and none have any loyalty these days.
I'd much rather see Bertin in our midfield than that donkey El-Abd, who cant pass, gives away about half a dozen penalties a season and abuses his own supporters. With one of the above we have a chance of promotion, with the other no chance.

Not any more, it would appear. How effective would Bertin be if the rest of the players (as was implied) wouldn't want to play alongside him.

I asked also asked Dean to explain the Scouting Network and Video Coaching Schemes that the Forty Notes is contributing towards. Or rather, is trying to contribute towards - not there are that many takers or contributors. DW also issued an open invitation to anyone if they wanted to watch the Albion training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here