Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clearing the tents - about time too!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So the NYC demonstrators have been turfed out of their tents. Excellent.

And now the City of London is planning to get authority to do the same thing. Double excellent.

I have no problem with people demonstrating during the day (free speech and all that), but tents in public spaces are just a bloody mess and prevent others enjoying the city and going about their daily routines.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

And now the City of London is planning to get authority to do the same thing. Double excellent.

I have no problem with people demonstrating during the day (free speech and all that), but tents in public spaces are just a bloody mess and prevent others enjoying the city and going about their daily routines.

Daily Mail Mail On Sunday | Newspaper Subscription

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Yeah I feel sympathy towards the 'demo'... but agree it is time to move on... Parliament Square was like this for more months than I care to remember when I worked there and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yes, I agree.

We should continue living in a world dominated by greed and wealth where oil companies, banks, and media corporations control and exploit every element of our daily lives.

Yeah, those idiots trying to make a small difference by protesting should all be moved on because people trying to get to work in oil companies, banks, and media corporations are having their daily routines thrown into chaos by wasting one, possibly two, minutes by going another way.

I think we should go back to just accepting everything we are told, buying crap we don't need, aspiring to buy even more crap we don't need, and criticising anyone who might possibly question the status quo.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Yes, I agree.

We should continue living in a world dominated by greed and wealth where oil companies, banks, and media corporations control and exploit every element of our daily lives.

Yeah, those idiots trying to make a small difference by protesting should all be moved on because people trying to get to work in oil companies, banks, and media corporations are having their daily routines thrown into chaos by wasting one, possibly two, minutes by going another way.

I think we should go back to just accepting everything we are told, buying crap we don't need, aspiring to buy even more crap we don't need, and criticising anyone who might possibly question the status quo.

Circulation / Home - Morning Star

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Yes, I agree.

Hear Hear.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I see why there protesting but there not really making a difference, non of the big wigs seem to give a toss about them, just pretty much saying let them get on with it, while i agree with what they are protesting against, they are not really making any difference well thats what i think, they could get all the publicity in the world but if the people they are protesting against are not really listening then i fail to see the point any more. I can also see loads of agro when they are told to move which just means more bad publicity for the U.K and more than likely the police as they have to do the dirty work.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, I agree.

Who was calling them idiots exactly?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

This always makes me laugh when people say this. If you don't want to buy crap you don't need, or aspire to buy even more crap you don't need, then don't.

The harder I work, the more money I earn. I like buying stuff. I like going on nice holidays. If you don't, then don't. Simple.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This always makes me laugh when people say this. If you don't want to buy crap you don't need, or aspire to buy even more crap you don't need, then don't.

The harder I work, the more money I earn. I like buying stuff. I like going on nice holidays. If you don't, then don't. Simple.

This...

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

Stating the obvious there. There is an undeniable culture of the above that I don't think will ever change.

Working harder doesn't necessarily compute to higher wages these days, which is part of the problem.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

So you're saying people who earn more money work harder than those who earn less? Bankers work harder than, for example, nurses, teachers, firemen, anyone else?

People are not protesting against people earning what they deserve, are they. They are protesting because the vast majority of people in this country are facing a tougher future, because of the actions of a small minority of people. And yet the minority who caused this are the only ones who aren't suffering, and in fact in many cases seem to be profiting greatly from the situation.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was jogging my way through the city to work on Saturday morning and passed by the tents etc. I thought it very interesting to see and not a sight for sore eyes in the slightest. It actually seemed to bring a little life to such a vapid and inhuman area. I'd be happy for them to stay, just as i would've for those in Parliament Square to. It doesn't reek of uprising or disgust, but of an expression of those thoroughly against the idea of silencing any blame pointed at a city that helped bankrupt us financially and to a large extent morally, when considering bulging wealth is so linked to a society of success.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
So you're saying people who earn more money work harder than those who earn less? Bankers work harder than, for example, nurses, teachers, firemen, anyone else?

People are not protesting against people earning what they deserve, are they. They are protesting because the vast majority of people in this country are facing a tougher future, because of the actions of a small minority of people. And yet the minority who caused this are the only ones who aren't suffering, and in fact in many cases seem to be profiting greatly from the situation.

Well said Robdinho.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We have people trying to get to work being hampered by those who want to sit on their backsides and smoke dope to make us aware that Bankers earn more than nurses,teachers etc, okay we are now aware,so you can now go home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here