Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear out

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But signing ME wouldn't cost much, and wouldn't stop Micky signing anyone else, but I'd be hopelessly out of my depth. Just like those two are. Anyway, who are you to say their wages haven't stopped us signing anyone else? If they're on £1k a week between them, then that £1k could be better spent on one other player.

Obviously MA thinks that if needed they could come in and do a job and not let us down, as in deed they both did for a short period and odd games last season.

I feel sure that if them signing had inhibited MA in his efforts to sign another we would have heard about it from somebody 'in the know'. Incidentally whether or not it is true, I do not know, but I was told that their wages now are 45% of what they were last season.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I feel sure that if them signing had inhibited MA in his efforts to sign another we would have heard about it from somebody 'in the know'. Incidentally whether or not it is true, I do not know, but I was told that their wages now are 45% of what they were last season.

By someone "in the know" presumably?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Chamberlain will definitely be gone in January

Out of interest, how do you know that? He has been playing consistently in the reserves, along with a number of other players yet to break into the 1st team, whereas others haven't even made it into that team. He is a youngster, are you really prepared to write him off before he has had a chance to step up to the frst team?

Just asking like, be interested to know your views.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
In my opinion the following players ARE good enough to remain at the club:
Kuipers
Richards
Whing
Elphick
Virgo
Cox
Mcleod
Murray
Forster
Robinson

Out of the loanees, I would keep:
Richards
Thornton
Obviously Johnson but not going to happen

So Micky's priority in January is to get in TWO, PERMANENT central midfielders in my opinion because we have a good back four (if Virgo plays at centre back) and we have a good strike force.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All the players should be made to play HOLE IN THE WALL, if they get through, then their contracts should be RENEWED, if they fail, then they can fall into the Blue Square South scrap heap*

*Obviously Virgo's wall would just part and re-attach after he it has past him

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Out of interest, how do you know that? He has been playing consistently in the reserves, along with a number of other players yet to break into the 1st team, whereas others haven't even made it into that team. He is a youngster, are you really prepared to write him off before he has had a chance to step up to the frst team?

Just asking like, be interested to know your views.
Well he's been a professional for, what, three years? And he hasn't even played. He's barely made the bench. It's hard to see him breaking through now, with a month left on his contract. I think it's a shame because when I saw him for the youth and reserves I've been pretty impressed (I always thought he was the better of the central midfield pair with Fraser).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most people consider it is a done deal with Richards coming in permenantly but I would also like to see 2 brothers come in Kevin Thornton from Coventry and Sean Thornton from Orient who I consider to be a good workmanlike grafter in midfield in the Horton, Carpenter mould.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well he's been a professional for, what, three years? And he hasn't even played. He's barely made the bench. It's hard to see him breaking through now, with a month left on his contract. I think it's a shame because when I saw him for the youth and reserves I've been pretty impressed (I always thought he was the better of the central midfield pair with Fraser).

He has been on contract for 2 and a half years, granted he hasn't played, but nor had Sullivan until recently, and he signed professional terms at the same time. I have seen him play, he does well enough IMO to be in the 1st team, but I can see him going elsewhere as he has not had the chance to prove himself.

My point was the fact seagullsovergrimsby suggested he woulf definately be gone in January, perhaps he has inside info, perhaps he has been to more reserve games than me and seen more of Scott play to have formed this opinion, in which case I would respect that. There is also the fact that I sponsor Scotts kit so I would be disappointed to see him go on that front too. If we ship out all the reserve team, where does that leave us for un-important matches in the future?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If we can find someone to take him (and a player to replace him with) I'd maybe look at shipping Thomson out. For me he came down here with a good pedigree and just hasn't looked the part.

He's been here long enough for him to have 'settled in'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have NEVER heard that description of him before, he always comes across as bit of a fairy luxury player who likes a drink which ruins his undoubted talent. Still, he could probably do a job

Allegedly of the COKE variety from his days at Sunderland and apparently with his pal Adam Boyd.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
have you ever seen sean thornton play bg? never has he come across like that to me if you had the two of them in the team would leave you very lightweight

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
if you had the two of them in the team would leave you very lightweight
Arguably no more so than with Thomson!
The problem with Thornton (senior) has always been attitude and what he gets up to outside football. Anyone remember when we beat Sunderland a few years ago, he came off the bench and changed the game and with a little more luck they'd have drawn when before he came on they were hopeless. He's a great player. But these things follow him and his career has a downward trend... whether he'd be a good guy to have around would be questionable. On paper having them both in the team would be immense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Arguably no more so than with Thomson!
The problem with Thornton (senior) has always been attitude and what he gets up to outside football. Anyone remember when we beat Sunderland a few years ago, he came off the bench and changed the game and with a little more luck they'd have drawn when before he came on they were hopeless. He's a great player. But these things follow him and his career has a downward trend... whether he'd be a good guy to have around would be questionable. On paper having them both in the team would be immense.

I think that he was very good at Sunderland and obviously does carry some baggage but perhaps Kevin could steer him in the right direction. From what I am told does like his 'coke' - consumes it by the gallon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here