Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear out

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
with the rumours about MA completely rebuilding the side during January and next close season does anybody know who is out of contract at the end of the season, this may give an indication of who may not be retained.

Andrew Whing, Tommy Fraser, John Sullivan, Jake Robinson, Doug Loft, Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart and Sam Gargan are out of contract at the end of the season. Hinshelwood & Chamberlain are out of contract in January.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
He has had 74 so far...

Anyinsah is rumoured to be on £5k a week at Preston. I find that hard to believe as Norris is a first team regular at Ipswich and on £2.5k, but that is what I was told from an unnamed source.
find it hard to believe norris is only on 2.5k,if mccormick was on 4k then im sure norris must have been on at least the same as argyle though time after time to keep him before he eventully went

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I would be far more happy getting some quality coaches in to assist with training. It seems we have replaced a very good coach (Wilkins) who lost his way with man management, a possible result of being so close to the youth players, with a manager that is good at commanding respect but is relatively clueless with tactics and training (Adams). Why can't we prioritise getting the best out of, what I believe to be, a good set of League One players, rather than burgeoning the payroll?

Agreed...anyone who thinks that White and Booker are going to help to steer us upwards are living in cloud cuckoo land...oh, hang on..didn't MA bring back Booker ?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Robinson would be the first one to go in my book, taking up wages that could actually be used for a professional footballer.

I would be far more happy getting some quality coaches in to assist with training. It seems we have replaced a very good coach (Wilkins) who lost his way with man management, a possible result of being so close to the youth players, with a manager that is good at commanding respect but is relatively clueless with tactics and training (Adams). Why can't we prioritise getting the best out of, what I believe to be, a good set of League One players, rather than burgeoning the payroll?

Training? So do you think it's their fitness that's at fault?
Management surely does include tactical moves, interplay within the team, and positional discipline - which are all the reasons The Albion totally suck right now.

What does 'commanding respect' do for the team - we can make a statue of Winston Churchill or Clough or Shankly, if that was what we needed.
The manager needs sorting out, and soon - that's where the problem lies at the moment. If he can get his act together, then we'll do alright - if he doesn't, then we won't.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Why entrust a squad rebuilding job to be done by a manager who re-signs 2 released players, only to release them again 6-12 months later when 90% of supporters knew they're not good enough.

Robinson would be the first one to go in my book, taking up wages that could actually be used for a professional footballer.

Is he to blame for the slide now? A decent player who can score goals, and was improving under Wilkins, and now he's not getting a game he's our problem.
Genius - while LYNCH who really WAS shite, is suddenly a great player we ought to be hanging on to, according to many on here!

It defies belief, how people think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why entrust a squad rebuilding job to be done by a manager who re-signs 2 released players, only to release them again 6 -12 months later when 90% of supporters knew they're not good enough.

Like most on here who are 1 dimentional you seem to forget that Hart and Mayo were not signed and expected to be first choice but adequate back up that wouldnt let us down if needed. They were also signed on greatly reduced wages. If they are subsequently released and some other players bought in to do the same job then I have no problem with that.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Robinson can go, as can loft; fraser might as well f*** off as well. If we do sign thornton what is the point in Mclard? Or if we get anyinsah is their any point in that over rated migit cox? Gargan can go as can the other youth products with "potential": they are never going to cut it. As for Mayo and Hart they should be in a retirement home by now. Definately not good enough at this level. Hinshlewood and chamberline can go as well, hinsh is never going to be the player he used to be; he is just taking wages. Chamberlin must be about 20 by now, if he isn't looking good now then get rid.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps we should get rid of Hawkins - the so-called experienced "lynchpin" who has failed to cut it at any English club he has played for.

At the start of the season the general NSC consensus was that Hawkins was a fantastic signing - since injury he hasn't seen that form again, but we know what he CAN do - and on that logic we could easily have shipped off Butters during his first season.

Can't defend some of his more recent performances, although the word "scapegoat" does tend to spring to mind, and we've hardly achieved fantastic things without him in the team either...

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Gargan and Sullivan a 12 month extention to their contract and out the rest.

Agree with that , but would also keep Whing.

We need to cut our squad right down. Its no good have one of the biggest squads in the division if nearly half of them are not good enough for this division.

We need to ofload 10 - 12 players, bring in maybe 5 proven players at this level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really want Adams to be given money to throw round. I'm not convinced he's the manager I would trust with doing that.

I tend to agree with that, sadly. Giving Mayo and Hart anything other than a standard 'thank you for your enquiry, I regret on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful' was shocking. Virgo patently thinks he's now on his retirement career move, living at home and coasting it, while Doug Loft is just keeping his head down and picking up the last money of his professional career. The rest of the home-grown youth are clearly talented but without Tank are under siege most weeks.

And I seem to recall reading somewhere on here earlydoors a quote from Adams that Hawkins never actually played under him, they missed each other by six months, or somesuch. The exact details escape me, tho I'm sure the search facility could dig 'em out if I could be arsed. The salient point as I recall was that Micky wasn't all that familiar with Hawkins' capabilites - or lack of.

As for the 64000 Lewes Pound question; IMHO Forster is a dignified honest professional who'll run his heart out for you all day long and nick you the important goals. Not all that much left in the tank tho sadly. But total respect. And Murray is an above-average easily-disheartened overrated player who is OK when then things are going his way but who is WAY too easily muscled out of the game by any kind of man-marker who leans on him a bit. Fine for goals when the game is going our way, which makes for an impressive-looking goals tally. But not the kind of player you'd really want to have to rely on in the trenches when the chips are down.

Yup, time for a clear-out

Oh, and time for taking out an ASBO on Mayo and Hart going within a mile of the training ground next Summer. Just in case they are 'invited to train'. If they're THAT serious about wanting to train, the pair of chancers can join a gym like the rest of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here