Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear out

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I don't post on here very much, & must admit I havent had a chance to look back to see if anyone has posted anything similar to this recently, so if they have, ignore me!

I have heard from a club insider that a clear-out is looming. This will start to take place in January & will be completed before next season. Adams is not happy with the quality at his disposal & wants to bring in more quality. Securing Thornton & Anyinsah on permanant deals are 2 of his priorities (apparently we have a very good chance of getting one or both of them). Unfortunately we stand absolutely no chance of keeping Johnson.

My concern about this news is how are we going to fund these new signings? The players who would be cleared out would surely go for little or no money, so unless a big cash sum is coming our way from an invester it, unfortunately, looks like we may have to part company with one of our assets. I'd say the 2 who would fetch the most money would probably be Murray or Elphick & I've heard rumours that Murray is a target for Charlton. It may be a case of getting a big sum for one of the 2 & then strengthening the rest of our team. I really hope neither of them go, especially as Falmer is on the horizon. I hope the club see sense &, rather than selling our assets, go out & get money from an invester who can help us become a force within our division & hopefully grow beyond that too.

If I hear more I will keep you posted, but unfortunately that's all I've heard.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
we aint gonna get much for joel not with the way things are at the moment clubs will be looking to take advantage

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely give Robinson atleast a start or two before getting rid of him.
If nothing else, he may put in a few good performances upping his price tag...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we sold Lynch and Robinson I dont believe that it would raise enough to buy Thornton and Ayinsah unless they are both virtually out of contract. It has been rumoured on here for ages that Richards is going to sign for us in January so he will cost something, as I wouldnt expect Ipswich to let him go now for free, as he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Surely give Robinson atleast a start or two before getting rid of him.
If nothing else, he may put in a few good performances upping his price tag...

He has had 74 so far...

Anyinsah is rumoured to be on £5k a week at Preston. I find that hard to believe as Norris is a first team regular at Ipswich and on £2.5k, but that is what I was told from an unnamed source.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
He has had 74 so far...

Anyinsah is rumoured to be on £5k a week at Preston. I find that hard to believe as Norris is a first team regular at Ipswich and on £2.5k, but that is what I was told from an unnamed source.

I mean under Adams. Adams said that everyone had a clean slate when he came so surely that means Robinson should get a few games.

I wouldn't buy Anyinsah if i was Micky...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't really want Adams to be given money to throw round. I'm not convinced he's the manager I would trust with doing that.

Whining about the quality at his disposal is rubbish really. The team finished 7th last year before he made 10 or 11 signings. I suppose you could argue that on a position to position basis the team is nowhere near as strong as it was when we were Division 2 Champions, or when we won the play offs, but I still think there's enough quality to be challenging for at least the top 6 if not higher.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not sure these days that the asking price is much of the issue (at the sort of level we are buying). The biggest decision for the club will be the ongoing commitment they are signing up for when they sign a players contract. For example - £50k for a player still probably neither here nor there, but if he wants £3k week, then that's a £150k decision over what might be an annual cost for two or three years.

£50k purchase price is a peanuts decision compared to the £450k contract.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is pretty much what I mentioned on here on Monday, I was told the same thing, plenty of money available, and some players on their way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The murray/charlton rumour was started on here. I know some season ticket holders at charlton and they assure me that the club is massively in debt and can't afford to sign anyone

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The feeling I got when I heard about this potential clear out was that we were not in the market to sell any first teamers, ie Murray, Forster, Elphick etc, but wanted to get the loans off the books, and get permanent signings in.

NB, this info came during a conversaton I had with a senior person in the club.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
with the rumours about MA completely rebuilding the side during January and next close season does anybody know who is out of contract at the end of the season, this may give an indication of who may not be retained.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I would be far more happy getting some quality coaches in to assist with training. It seems we have replaced a very good coach (Wilkins) who lost his way with man management, a possible result of being so close to the youth players, with a manager that is good at commanding respect but is relatively clueless with tactics and training (Adams). Why can't we prioritise getting the best out of, what I believe to be, a good set of League One players, rather than burgeoning the payroll?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here