Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR too GOOD to play for BHA

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Heard on the radio this morning. CKR is now saying he was too good to play for us and he hated his Coca Cola Kid label. Did anyone hear that?

Little gobshite, he was doing nothing at Bury before we came in for him and the CCK name was supposed to be affectionate.

He who laughs last...wonder what reception he'll get at Withdean once his remarks are made known.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Blah blah blah, heard it all before.

Look, CKR didnt get on with MM, plain and simple, if Wendy had been in place sooner, who knows where the Kid would be now, but it's over, done, history, so now, officially, I DONT GIVE A TOSS WHAT CKR SAYS OR DOES

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Suspect that just like here, apart from the very occasional flash like last Saturday he will disappear into obscurity leaving his ego behind. I was frankly never convinced he was that good. In recent memory the huge success of the likes of Jarratt and Brooker leaving us for 'bigger' clubs says it all. Seems that nobody is very interested in the Poison Dwarf either.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good goal on saturday wasn't it.

Looks like he may well have been too good to play for us.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just read that in the paper. Warnock saying he'll try and stamp the arrogance out of him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I saw some glimpses of the CKR that was too good for us, but more often than not we saw a player who was already looking for a bigger club and didn’t put in nearly as much effort as some of our other players. Hopefully he will be a success as we are due some performance related bonuses (?) or sell ons. Very smart finish though!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
bhaexpress said:
Suspect that just like here, apart from the very occasional flash like last Saturday he will disappear into obscurity leaving his ego behind. I was frankly never convinced he was that good. In recent memory the huge success of the likes of Jarratt and Brooker leaving us for 'bigger' clubs says it all. Seems that nobody is very interested in the Poison Dwarf either.

Jarret and Brooker are a bit different. Jarrett wasn't going to get a chance with us and told to look for another club. Watford offered him a chance to play in the premier league and we were happy to let him go.

Brooker was out of contract and offered a chance at the top level. Why exactly would you begrudge him that.

You can hardly blame either of them.

CKR on the other hand is a youngster with an inflated opinion of himself surrounded by advisors and agents massaging his ego so they can get a slice of the next signing on fee.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Kazim-Richards making a name for himself
By SIMON CASS

Last updated at 20:05pm on 12th November 2006

Sport headlinesWoeful England crash to opening defeat
FA quiz Terry over Poll blast
Duo in chase as Fergie gives nod for Smith loan
Mail online's FREE fantasy league
Top bosses never lose with grace, says Jewell
McClaren ready to promote Richards
Carney misses out for Lions
Cusworth sounds a defiant note to England
WBO to strip Harrison of title
McEvoy in hospital following horror fall
Caption Competition: Flintoff's flat out
BLOG: If only Bono could help after Tait destroys bleary-eyed England
Videos & picturesGallery: Captivating pictures of the day
Viewing room: See the latest film trailers here
All pictures and videos
Sheffield United 2 Bolton 2

They chant 'There's Only One Kazim-Richards' and, in the case of Sheffield United's saviour against Bolton, he has the birth certificate to prove it. A mistake at the registrar's means the 20-year-old, who scored United's sumptuous second-half equaliser, is a genuine one-off.

'My first names were meant to be Colin and Kazim - Kazim after my mum's dad - but the registrar got it wrong,' he explained, still beaming after his first goal for the club he joined from Brighton in the summer.

'I love it now, Kazim-Richards. There's only one! You type it into Google and nothing else comes up.'

Not exactly modest to go looking for yourself on the internet, but by his own admission he is not the shy retiring type. 'There's a lot of information and I like to read it. It's absolutely accurate, what school I went to, what my mum's name is, my dad and my sister. Not even my mum or my dad's name is Kazim-Richards. Just me.'

What he fails to mention about his web search - apart from the fact he was dubbed the 'Coca-Cola Kid' at Brighton after a fan won the £250,000 transfer fee paid to Bury in a competition run by the soft drinks firm - was his transfer request after being left out of the south coast side's starting line-up against Rotherham as the season kicked off.

He said: 'It was the second last day of the transfer window. I thought to myself: "I'm going to end up staying here". No disrespect to Brighton, but I didn't really want to stay there any more,' he said.

'I thought I was better than that, that is no disrespect to them. I got the phone call (from Sheffield), I was at a reserve game at Palace, and I just jumped at the chance. I just signed the papers straight away.'

His arrogant streak was certainly a factor in United boss Neil Warnock's decision to pay Brighton £150,000 for his services, a figure he described as 'peanuts' in the inflated world of Premiership transfer fees.

But, Warnock insisted, the once petulant youngster is learning to turn that arrogance to his advantage, himself having been on the receiving end of that self-assuredness when Kazim-Richards came of the bench to score for Brighton against his team last season.

He said: 'He has something about him. He's a little bit arrogant but I had strong words with Colin when he came with his dad. That arrogance needed to be channelled in the right direction. 'He has channelled it, he has worked very, very hard, harder than he has ever worked in his life. He has contributed to the team play. He knows what playing for a team is about now.'

His performance after coming on a half-time was instrumental in reviving United against Bolton. Sam Allardyce's side looked to be cruising after goals either side of the break from El Hadji Diouf and Kevin Davies.

But Warnock's decision to send on French striker Christian Nade and Kazim-Richards proved inspired, as the home side suddenly began to find a impetus that had thus far been lacking.

On 70 minutes, Rob Hulse exploited some woeful Bolton to head in Mikele Leigertwood's cross. Less than three minutes later Kazim-Richards had raised the rafters at Bramall Lane by completed the rescue mission, a result that takes United out of the bottom three.

Jussi Jaaskelainen's block broke to Nade, who quickly fed Kazim-Richards on the right wing. Spotting the keeper struggling to regain position, he sculpted a 20-yard curling strike from the edge of the area into the net.

Allardyce was understandably dejected after seeing his side fail to win on their third successive Premiership outing, although United had keeper Paddy Kenny to thank for not being distracted by Diouf's hands-on tactics in the goalmouth - he playfully grabbed at the keeper's groin at a set-piece - and securing the point with a magnificent late save from Abdoulaye Faye.

Allardyce said: 'In two-and-a-half minutes we've given the opposition not only a chance to get something out of the game but actually think that they might even win it.'

SHEFF UTD (4-4-2): Kenny; Geary, Morgan, Jagielka, Kozluk; Gillespie (Kazim-Richards 46min), Leigertwood, Montgomery (Law 60), Quinn (Nade 64); Webber, Hulse. Subs (not used): Sommeil, Short. Booked: Morgan.

BOLTON (4-4-2): Jaaskelainen, Ben Haim, Meite, Faye, Pedersen; Nolan, Tal (Campo 76), Speed, Davies; Anelka, Diouf. Subs (not used): Hunt, Stelios, Walker, Vaz Te. Booked: Meite.

Referee: A Wiley (Staffordshire).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wilka said:

He said: 'He has something about him. He's a little bit arrogant but I had strong words with Colin when he came with his dad. That arrogance needed to be channelled in the right direction. 'He has channelled it, he has worked very, very hard, harder than he has ever worked in his life. He has contributed to the team play. He knows what playing for a team is about now.'

Read that in the Guardian this morning and thought it was really telling about CKR's attitude during his time here.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wilka said:
They chant 'There's Only One Kazim-Richards' and, in the case of Sheffield United's saviour against Bolton, he has the birth certificate to prove it. A mistake at the registrar's means the 20-year-old, who scored United's sumptuous second-half equaliser, is a genuine one-off.

'My first names were meant to be Colin and Kazim - Kazim after my mum's dad - but the registrar got it wrong,' he explained, still beaming after his first goal for the club he joined from Brighton in the summer.

'I love it now, Kazim-Richards. There's only one! You type it into Google and nothing else comes up.'

Not exactly modest to go looking for yourself on the internet, but by his own admission he is not the shy retiring type. 'There's a lot of information and I like to read it. It's absolutely accurate, what school I went to, what my mum's name is, my dad and my sister. Not even my mum or my dad's name is Kazim-Richards. Just me.'

What he fails to mention about his web search - apart from the fact he was dubbed the 'Coca-Cola Kid' at Brighton after a fan won the £250,000 transfer fee paid to Bury in a competition run by the soft drinks firm - was his transfer request after being left out of the south coast side's starting line-up against Rotherham as the season kicked off.

He said: 'It was the second last day of the transfer window. I thought to myself: "I'm going to end up staying here". No disrespect to Brighton, but I didn't really want to stay there any more,' he said.

'I thought I was better than that, that is no disrespect to them. I got the phone call (from Sheffield), I was at a reserve game at Palace, and I just jumped at the chance. I just signed the papers straight away.'

His arrogant streak was certainly a factor in United boss Neil Warnock's decision to pay Brighton £150,000 for his services, a figure he described as 'peanuts' in the inflated world of Premiership transfer fees.

But, Warnock insisted, the once petulant youngster is learning to turn that arrogance to his advantage, himself having been on the receiving end of that self-assuredness when Kazim-Richards came of the bench to score for Brighton against his team last season.

His performance after coming on a half-time was instrumental in reviving United against Bolton. Sam Allardyce's side looked to be cruising after goals either side of the break from El Hadji Diouf and Kevin Davies.

But Warnock's decision to send on French striker Christian Nade and Kazim-Richards proved inspired, as the home side suddenly began to find a impetus that had thus far been lacking.

On 70 minutes, Rob Hulse exploited some woeful Bolton to head in Mikele Leigertwood's cross. Less than three minutes later Kazim-Richards had raised the rafters at Bramall Lane by completed the rescue mission, a result that takes United out of the bottom three.

Jussi Jaaskelainen's block broke to Nade, who quickly fed Kazim-Richards on the right wing. Spotting the keeper struggling to regain position, he sculpted a 20-yard curling strike from the edge of the area into the net.

Allardyce was understandably dejected after seeing his side fail to win on their third successive Premiership outing, although United had keeper Paddy Kenny to thank for not being distracted by Diouf's hands-on tactics in the goalmouth - he playfully grabbed at the keeper's groin at a set-piece - and securing the point with a magnificent late save from Abdoulaye Faye.

Allardyce said: 'In two-and-a-half minutes we've given the opposition not only a chance to get something out of the game but actually think that they might even win it.'

SHEFF UTD (4-4-2): Kenny; Geary, Morgan, Jagielka, Kozluk; Gillespie (Kazim-Richards 46min), Leigertwood, Montgomery (Law 60), Quinn (Nade 64); Webber, Hulse. Subs (not used): Sommeil, Short. Booked: Morgan.

BOLTON (4-4-2): Jaaskelainen, Ben Haim, Meite, Faye, Pedersen; Nolan, Tal (Campo 76), Speed, Davies; Anelka, Diouf. Subs (not used): Hunt, Stelios, Walker, Vaz Te. Booked: Meite.

Referee: A Wiley (Staffordshire).

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What he fails to mention about his web search - apart from the fact he was dubbed the 'Coca-Cola Kid' at Brighton after a fan won the £250,000 transfer fee paid to Bury in a competition run by the soft drinks firm - was his transfer request after being deservedly left out of the south coast side's starting line-up against Rotherham because he was a lazy arrogant little shite.

'I thought I was too much of a ****, that is no disrespect to them. I got the phone call (from Sheffield), I was at a reserve game at Palace, and I just jumped at the chance. I just signed the papers straight away.'

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Glad to we got rid - Good player without question, but look at team spirit at the moment, it's flying, and the goals are too. Would we be in the same position with that occky shit up front?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here