Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Those players don't cost £250k and you know it :shootself

Carl Asaba
Paul Shaw
Alan Blaney
Steve Staunton

Not one above £100k all capable of improving our side. Having said that I believe that CKR will prove to be OK but am concerned at the 'stick' he appears to be getting which could have an effect on him the longer that he goes without scoring.

Our major problem and it grieves me to say it is we havent replaced Harding.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BensGrandad said:

Steady on it could also be to do with crap goalkeepers and a non scoring forward line and MM insisting on Hammond out wide.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Carl Asaba
Paul Shaw
Alan Blaney
Steve Staunton

Not one above £100k all capable of improving our side.

Agree as well on the Harding point. No kind of replacement at all, unless you include Dodd. Which I don't, as he was a replacement for Watson..

BensGrandad said:
Carl Asaba
Paul Shaw
Alan Blaney
Steve Staunton

Not one above £100k all capable of improving our side. Having said that I believe that CKR will prove to be OK but am concerned at the 'stick' he appears to be getting which could have an effect on him the longer that he goes without scoring.

Mayo and Reid have done fine at LB this year.

Re. your list - Staunton is too old and slow and we have a much better player in McShane. Putting Blaney on this list is utterly dishonest - it is nothing to do with a fee (which was agreed with the Saints) but it's down to the fact that Niemi is not settled. Shaw and Asaba are interesting but it was the wages issue, not the transfer fee, that foiled the Asaba transfer issue last season - that hasn't changed, we can't break the wages structure of the club for a player who could turn out to be a journeyman. I don't know what wages Shaw is on but I still believe CKR is a much better investment of the Coke money than him. We want a player who could play for us for the next 5 seasons at least and whose value will appreciate on transfer, not depreciate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here