• Is he too young?

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • or the next BZ

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Leave the guy who started this thread alone. All he did was ask a question which others have posted on here without the same response.

I can see what he is saying. We need someone who can perform THIS season and spending the money on a youngster without much experience is a gamble.

Hopefully it will pay off.

As far as I can see he looks ok. Holds the ball up well and I would like to see him and Knight get a few games upfront together to develop the sort of partnership Knight had with Benjamin.

He needs more time but I think the issue is that the way things are going we cannot really afford him to take 10-15 league games to start scoring.

Last edited:

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm sorry but who cares if he's 18. All I can say is Bobby Zamora. What i've seen of this guy he doesn't look the full ticket and he seems to be getting pissed off too easily and not working hard enough to score for my liking.Sort it out CKR and earn your fuckin' wages.:angry:

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Richie Morris said:
Leave the guy who started this thread alone. All he did was ask a question which others have posted on here without the same response.

I can see what he is saying. We need someone who can perform THIS season and spending the money on a youngster without much experience is a gamble.

Hopefully it will pay off.

As far as I can see he looks ok. Holds the ball up well and I would like to see him and Knight get a few games upfront together to develop the sort of partnership Knight had with Benjamin.

He needs more time but I think the issue is that the way things are going we cannot really afford him to take 10-15 league games to start scoring.

The voice of reason.

Plus you said exactly what I said so that makes you right :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's 18 years old and has played 5 games.

Maybe just a fraction too early judge wouldn't you say.

Although I bet hearing people calling him a flop already would really help his confidence and make him far more likely to succeed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't know, I was half expecting this sort of thread when he signed. What do we do, have a 'Scapegoat of the Game' poll after every match ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
nutter said:
I'm sorry but who cares if he's 18. All I can say is Bobby Zamora. What i've seen of this guy he doesn't look the full ticket and he seems to be getting pissed off too easily and not working hard enough to score for my liking.Sort it out CKR and earn your fuckin' wages.:angry:

When Zamora came to us he was playing against Div 3 defences week in week out. To be fair to C K-R he l0oked to be coping at that level with Bury. I bet if Zamora had gone straight into our current side at the age of 18 he'd be struglling too.

I feel too much is being asked of the kid. I think McGhee saw him ideally as backup this season, but with transfers and injuries not panning out as hoped has been forced to play him more regularly than planned.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Before the bobster came to us he was on loan at bath city for awhile and had bagged a few goals there I believe. So when he originally came on loan to us we had a guy who had scored a few goals and therefore pretty confident at scoring.

I feel Kazim hasnt had that experience and therefore maybe his confidence is a bit lacking whereas Jakey has had the odd first team run out plus the aldershot loan etc.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
bhaexpress said:
I don't know, I was half expecting this sort of thread when he signed. What do we do, have a 'Scapegoat of the Game' poll after every match ?

We could just have a running tally. Stick McCammon, Oatway, Mayo and the latest goalkeeper on there alonside CKR and just see how it develops over the season.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Voroshilov said:
I think McGhee saw him ideally as backup this season, but with transfers and injuries not panning out as hoped has been forced to play him more regularly than planned.

When McGhee signed him, he said in an interview the reason CKR chose us over the other teams interested in signing him is that we promised him first team football, and that CKR would not move to a higher division club to sit on the bench. For this reason, I am concerned that McGhee now feels he *has* to pick him regardless of his lack of form. I personally think McGhee intended to sign him as a first team regular.

Downloaded Penguin said:
Has anyone SEEN the goal he scored for Bury last season that ended up being their goal of the season??

The kid can do it alright. Give him time.

That being one of the THREE he scored in 20 odd appearences in League 2?

Before anyone jumps on me I do actually rate him and think he'll come good, what I've seen so far he looks very talented with an eye for goal but raw... Kev's made a fair enough point because he hasn't exactly set the world alight so far (then again nor have any of the players) and I do fear he might come good a little too late to save us from relegation.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Voroshilov said:
When Zamora came to us he was playing against Div 3 defences week in week out. To be fair to C K-R he l0oked to be coping at that level with Bury. I bet if Zamora had gone straight into our current side at the age of 18 he'd be struglling too.

I feel too much is being asked of the kid. I think McGhee saw him ideally as backup this season, but with transfers and injuries not panning out as hoped has been forced to play him more regularly than planned.

Exactly.

I thought Bobby had a pretty poor season with us at this level, but he was adored by then, AND was playing better having had the 2 season behind him that he'd had.

If that raw youngster who played away to Southend, in a team that was clearly strong enough to run roughshod over that division, had been making his debut away to Derby in a side that was bound to struggle, we would have seen a very different Bobby.

The comparison is not fair.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Thought he looked a bit tired last night.

I think he WILL come good as there is no doubt he has the talent, a certain so called intellectual fan who predicted he would last a whole season in the starting line up really did display his true understanding of young players with that comment however.

The boy needs nurturing, not destroying.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
brightonfan_86 said:
Is he going to be a flop?, i'm slightly concerned that he aint going to be the player i was expecting, i thought he would be better then this.

Maybe from one 18 year old to the other he may have expected you would be better than this.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
perth seagull said:
The season is only three matches old, cut the lad some slack.

missed a couple of games Perth?

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here