Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Is he too young?

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • or the next BZ

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
I must say, I think you are being a tad harsh on the fella who opened this thread; whilst he is a bit gullible (always hurling obscenities at the wind-up merchants of the board), he does have a point.

CKR was a risk, £250k for a future prospect, when our team desperately needed strengthening to be able to compete at this level was perhaps a gamble that may backfire if he can't perform on the pitch THIS season. By that, I mean you will have to ask what use is of a greatly devalued future prospect when you are in League One rather than comfortably in The Championship.

Couldn't that £250k gone to the signing of a proven but out of favour defender/midfielder/forward at a weak Premiership, or Championship side, rather than an unproven 18 year-old from League 2?

That is for time to tell.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ridiculous thread. Ask me in two seasons.

jolson said:
Couldn't that £250k gone to the signing of a proven but out of favour defender/midfielder/forward at a weak Premiership, or Championship side, rather than an unproven 18 year-old from League 2?

Those players don't cost £250k and you know it :shootself

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Has anyone SEEN the goal he scored for Bury last season that ended up being their goal of the season??

The kid can do it alright. Give him time.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
London Irish said:
Those players don't cost £250k and you know it :shootself

Well I don't deny we'd have to be shrewd.. :lol:

For example, this season;
Matthew Spring [Leeds - Watford] £150,000
Clarke Carlisle [Leeds - Watford] £100,000

Either of those would play regularly in our first team. Maybe Elton John was the big attraction. :jester:

Last edited:

McShane is better than Clark Carlise, the guy who headed in 3 of our 51 pts last season. Tell me why I should be impressed by Spring, where does he play on the pitch and what has he done?

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Playmaker, averaging six goals a season for Luton in League One, known to pull the strings and tough in the tackle. Still a young player yet with 100 plus league games under his belt, including in The Championship with Leeds. Part of a squad of players who went on to win promotion to The Championship. Signed for a bargain £150,000.

Enough? :lol:

Last edited:

jolson said:
Playmaker, averaging six goals a season for Luton in League One, known to pull the strings and tough in the tackle. Still a young player yet with 100 plus league games under his belt, including in The Championship with Leeds. Part of a squad of players who went on to win promotion to The Championship. Signed for a bargain £150,000.

Enough? :lol:

Er, no, you said proven Premiership/Championship level player. Looks like he might be a proven League 1 player, how many games did he play with Leeds last year and how come I don't remember him in the two games he played against us?

junior said:
I have to admit he was crap again tonight:angry:

But better than McCammon presumably :jester:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
London Irish said:
But better than McCammon presumably :jester:

Well its not hard to be better than the worst player ever to have worn the stripes.

CKR obviously has talent,just isnt bothering to use it.

McCammon i think wants to use some talent,but doesnt have any.

At the moment they both as bad as each other.

Fair enough :) Preston here we come :clap2: :clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm not saying he is a flop, its just worrying that he gets frustrated most of the time, and doesn't concentrate on the game.

Quote: CKR is he a flop?
Is he going to be a flop?, i'm slightly concerned that he aint going to be the player i was expecting, i thought he would be better then this.

KEV, What are you "exactly" asking then? FFS!! He is 18!!!!

Wheres a skinny bloke, I wanna fight!!!

please kev, stop posting!!!
:angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
jolson said:
Well I don't deny we'd have to be shrewd.. :lol:

For example, this season;
Matthew Spring [Leeds - Watford] £150,000
Clarke Carlisle [Leeds - Watford] £100,000

Either of those would play regularly in our first team. Maybe Elton John was the big attraction. :jester:

Clarke Carlisle is on £6K a week!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He's beeing played out of position and that has done his confidence no good what so ever, once we get the formation sorted out and he dosn't have to play as a lone target man chasing pointless causes then we can judge. But so far the whole team bar McShane have been flops so what can you do

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Give him time and he will turn into a quality player. FACT!

He's a McGhee type player who he can mould inot what he needs to be, so FFS after 5 games or so it's too early to tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here