Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christians seem to be really good people

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
@kuzushi - so if we don't go to heaven, do we go to hell, or do we go nowhere?

There's a narrow way that leads to life, and few will find it, and a broad way that leads to destruction, and many will end up there, and that's it.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
There's a narrow way that leads to life, and few will find it, and a broad way that leads to destruction, and many will end up there, and that's it.
The Bible is clear about this, and says it in many different ways, but this particular parable is found in Matthew Chapter 7:

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Falling debris.
I've not bothered to look this up, but I think the majority of deaths typically result from fires, exposure or breakdown of infrastructure in the aftermath.
Poverty, to put it bluntly. There's no limit to what force a structure can be built to withstand, but there's a limit on what sort of structure people can afford.
Whether God exists or not, unless you think he intervenes on the level of picking your lottery numbers there's no point bringing him into whether you might be flattened by a lump of concrete.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what was the answer - do we go to hell or do we go nowhere?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

This was the video I had meant to post. It's about half an hour long.

Someone has commented that they don't like it when I quote scripture, so I've tried to whittle it down a bit, but I feel I want to quote this bit of scripture from Romans chapter 3

Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:
‘There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.’[b]
13 ‘Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practise deceit.’[c]
‘The poison of vipers is on their lips.’[d]
14 ‘Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.’[e]
15 ‘Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.’[f]
18 ‘There is no fear of God before their eyes.’[g]

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Ok.

So babies that die, all go to hell.

That's nice of god.
We don't know, do we, because as I mentioned before God can reach people in all sorts of ways, such as Muslims in Iraq through dreams, many Muslims are seeing Jesus in their dreams, if there is no alternative God can do something, and of course God loves every soul. He can come to the babies and they can receive him and respond to him. But you are not a baby. In the case of everyone reading this, you know about Jesus and you can research early church history, research the Turin Shroud, read the words of Jesus and seek the truth. You have no excuse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't know, do we, because as I mentioned before God can reach people in all sorts of ways, such as Muslims in Iraq through dreams, many Muslims are seeing Jesus in their dreams

Yes we do know - babies don't know who Jesus was and do not dream of him. They do not follow him.

if there is no alternative God can do something, and of course God loves every soul. He can come to the babies and they can receive him and respond to him.

You're talking nonsense to avoid the uncomfortable truth that your god is evil, creating babies that are doomed to go to hell for eternity through no fault of their own.

But you are not a baby.

No, I am pointing out just how awful your god is. Unfortunately babies aren't able to tell you how unfair it is that they be born and go straight to hell.

In the case of everyone reading this, you know about Jesus and you can research early church history, research the Turin Shroud, read the words of Jesus and seek the truth. You have no excuse.
I have sought the truth, and the truth is that your god doesn't exist.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One of my main criticisms of Christianity and their view of god is that they are slippery when it comes to his power and control. Evident on this thread with the 'blame' game playing out here. God made us all in his image and has power over our destiny but seemingly takes no responsibility for us when we f*** up.

He is on high knowing he could stop us killing each other yes he watches us fight Millennia after millennia over who worships him correctly. Honestly what sort of egomaniac narcissist would do that.

According to the stories he is literally sitting on high watching millions of people worship him 'wrong' because they choose the wrong reboot. These people are putting hours and hours into their love for him, so sure that they are right and all the others are wrong, sometimes even killing themselves to do it. He knows that at the end St Peter is going to go "Nah, sorry wrong prophet, down you go". What sort of god would do this?

Batshit crazy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We don't know, do we, because as I mentioned before God can reach people in all sorts of ways, such as Muslims in Iraq through dreams, many Muslims are seeing Jesus in their dreams, if there is no alternative God can do something, and of course God loves every soul. He can come to the babies and they can receive him and respond to him. But you are not a baby. In the case of everyone reading this, you know about Jesus and you can research early church history, research the Turin Shroud, read the words of Jesus and seek the truth. You have no excuse.
I saw that recent documentary on the Turin Shroud. Its still dated to around 1300(give or take a few) which ties it in with the first historical record of the shroud in the 1300s.
Its still a fake

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This was the video I had meant to post. It's about half an hour long.

Someone has commented that they don't like it when I quote scripture, so I've tried to whittle it down a bit, but I feel I want to quote this bit of scripture from Romans chapter 3

Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:
‘There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.’[b]
13 ‘Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practise deceit.’[c]
‘The poison of vipers is on their lips.’[d]
14 ‘Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.’[e]
15 ‘Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.’[f]
18 ‘There is no fear of God before their eyes.’[g]

I was the one that mentioned scripture. Its not that I don't like it when you post it (you are free to post whatever you want). I just don't accept it as any kind of worthwhile evidence. We know that large swathes of the bible are incorrect and wrong, so there is no reason to believe any of it.

I understand that it is your truth and you see it as evidence of something, I just disagree you might as well quote science fiction and pass it off as truth.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've seen Jesus on a football pitch am I in?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was the one that mentioned scripture. Its not that I don't like it when you post it (you are free to post whatever you want). I just don't accept it as any kind of worthwhile evidence. We know that large swathes of the bible are incorrect and wrong, so there is no reason to believe any of it.

I understand that it is your truth and you see it as evidence of something, I just disagree you might as well quote science fiction and pass it off as truth.
The force is strong in this one

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Frightening really, when you think about manipulating and distortion of truths, imagine a few hundred years on from now.
Trump the son of God.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I saw that recent documentary on the Turin Shroud. Its still dated to around 1300(give or take a few) which ties it in with the first historical record of the shroud in the 1300s.
Its still a fake

The test you're referring to is the radio-carbon dating one from 1988.
It's worth reading a bit more about it. The wiki section provides a good summary.
I'll quote you this section which is of particular interest:
When Rogers saw the paper by Marino and Benford, his reaction was that they were not scientists,[6] their theory was ridiculous, and that he still had fiber samples he had taken from the Shroud that could disprove their theory. Upon examining the fibers under a microscope, however, he concluded that, as they had hypothesized, a cotton patch had been woven into the linen fibers and then dyed to match the color of the linen. This was possible because linen is strongly resistant to dyes but cotton is not. Rogers claimed that the repair had gone undetected because it was expertly done; there was no record of it; none of the STURP team were textile experts; and the area had not previously been a major focus of any major Shroud researchers' attention, because it was outside the image area.

More recent tests with new methods have dated it to around the time of Jesus.
Ray Rogers was Director of Chemical Research for the Shroud of Turin Research Project (STURP) in 1978, applying thermal methods to the study of this relic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The test you're referring to is the radio-carbon dating one from 1988.
It's worth reading a bit more about it. The wiki section provides a good summary.
I'll quote you this section which is of particular interest:
When Rogers saw the paper by Marino and Benford, his reaction was that they were not scientists,[6] their theory was ridiculous, and that he still had fiber samples he had taken from the Shroud that could disprove their theory. Upon examining the fibers under a microscope, however, he concluded that, as they had hypothesized, a cotton patch had been woven into the linen fibers and then dyed to match the color of the linen. This was possible because linen is strongly resistant to dyes but cotton is not. Rogers claimed that the repair had gone undetected because it was expertly done; there was no record of it; none of the STURP team were textile experts; and the area had not previously been a major focus of any major Shroud researchers' attention, because it was outside the image area.

Ray Rogers was Director of Chemical Research for the Shroud of Turin Research Project (STURP) in 1978, applying thermal methods to the study of this relic.

You didn't think to post a link for this bit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here