albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I believe i saw it on “we are Brighton”

665B6070-1C5E-4A92-8BB9-521F4575FAD5.png

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Personally not interested but would imagine why many of our fanbase would be. For me he doesn't suit our style, wages too high and no resale value on a 3yr deal at 28 even if he's allowed to leave Burnley on the cheap.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BrillIant target man. One touch Potterball & pace, not so convinced. I think that Murray can cover most of what Wood offers for next season.

goals?
not sure why he wouldnt fit in Potter sytle, forwards needs to and press opposition, hold up ball and move it to runners like any other team, Woods would great for Maupay and attackers to run off. he can do the physical and direct things too.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Apparently available for less than 15 mil I’d bite your hand off to get him back scored 40 goals in 3 seasons not bad at all
The reason he's available is that Burnley have just signed Mo Salah and Sergio Aguero for a combined £40m and need a bit of cash to finance the deal. Fortunately Salah and Aguero both agreed a big wage cut.

Either that or it's a load of :rolleyes:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It's easy to forget how young he was, partly due to the fact he was a unit even then. Looking back It's no surprise that a front three of Wood, Barnes and Murray tore it up in the third division. All good premier league strikers.

Just checked, he's still got 2yrs left on contract at Burnley. You'd think he'd be £25m+ these days.
Contract expires 2023.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still think if we get a striker in then Potter will go someone considerably younger. With Lallana at 32 and Veltman at 28, I'd be very surprised if a new forward came in in his late 20's. He could certianly do a job but just not convinced he's the type of player GP would go for. I reckon any new forward will be younger and a player GP and develop and mould into his Potterball style.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Still think if we get a striker in then Potter will go someone considerably younger. With Lallana at 32 and Veltman at 28, I'd be very surprised if a new forward came in in his late 20's. He could certianly do a job but just not convinced he's the type of player GP would go for. I reckon any new forward will be younger and a player GP and develop and mould into his Potterball style.

That’s Connolly and Gyokeres accounted for.
Meanwhile - while they learn and develop - we need goals to stay in the league

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's a solid meh, from me.
He's one of those players that gets my back up, languid, expects everyone to do his work for him and frankly just winds me up

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Be annoying if Leeds get him ....

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Thought he fell out with Leeds when he left? Or was it just their fans that fell out with him due to being unable to comprehend why any player ever, would want to play for any other club that are clearly better than Leeds

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Would be a disappointing step backward IMHO. People on here need to move on from this obsessive desire to re-sign ex-players. Can't see any world where Wood would work as a Potter-ball player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here