Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris wood

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Remember signing CMS then totally ignoring his strengths so he essentially failed (in terms of prolific goal scoring). I accept Wood could be a latter day CMS in a Graham Potter side but If we are to move forward then somewhere we need proven goal scoring ability while we develop others’ potential

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never seen an ex Brighton striker relish scoring against us like he does. He can feck off as far as I’m concerned :smile:

Yoda

English & European
Anyone saying he would not suit Potter's style needs a head wobble to make sure you can hear a brain rattling around in there.

Did you not watch his goal against us at the end of this season, or his second in their 3-1 win at the Amex the season before? They are the types of goal we need and easily fit into our style.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have never seen an ex Brighton striker relish scoring against us like he does. He can feck off as far as I’m concerned :smile:

I'm sure he hardly remembers playing for us. Don't take it personally

He just likes scoring goals

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chris Wood lived with his sister down here on loan I think. Didn’t really enjoy the city or his loan according to someone that knew her at the time ... now he’s older may have changed I guess

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we could get him he’d be a brilliant signing. He’d have a queue of premier league clubs, most outside the top 6 in fact, trying to sign if he was available though.

He was excellent on loan for us too. Got bored of having to defend him on here from clueless fans then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we could get him he’d be a brilliant signing. He’d have a queue of premier league clubs, most outside the top 6 in fact, trying to sign if he was available though.

He was excellent on loan for us too. Got bored of having to defend him on here from clueless fans then.

I doubt anyone thinks he’s useless but he does have an attitude towards Brighton. He was ok on loan until he went back to play for NZ. He then seemed to think he was superior to the rest of the team.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I doubt anyone thinks he’s useless but he does have an attitude towards Brighton. He was ok on loan until he went back to play for NZ. He then seemed to think he was superior to the rest of the team.

I actually think Chris Wood has over achieved in the game based on his abilities.

That's not knocking the guy, I am pleased for him. He does look quite Dull and never looks happy when you see him on the pitch but nothing could be further than the truth in saying he thinks he is better than others. He is a very humble outgoing and really friendly engaging guy when you meet him in person. Always has time to chat to and joke with the young kids and supporters. He is a really down to earth nice bloke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I actually think Chris Wood has over achieved in the game based on his abilities.

That's not knocking the guy, I am pleased for him. He does look quite Dull and never looks happy when you see him on the pitch but nothing could be further than the truth in saying he thinks he is better than others. He is a very humble outgoing and really friendly engaging guy when you meet him in person. Always has time to chat to and joke with the young kids and supporters. He is a really down to earth nice bloke.

I did meet him at a kit sponsors dinner. He was only 19 so it could have been awkwardness, but he wasn’t engaging with his fellow players like the others.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Or could it have been he was still young had played more games in a season than ever before and this coupled with the additional international games and travel led to a loss form?

He looked more heavy legged than having a superiority complex.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If i think of it as the long-term successor to Murray, then yes.

If it think of it in terms of fitting into Potter's style, then probably not.

Though 15m is a bloody steal for a player of his experience. Surely can't be right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or could it have been he was still young had played more games in a season than ever before and this coupled with the additional international games and travel led to a loss form?

He looked more heavy legged than having a superiority complex.

I refer you to post 19. Any player part of a team winning the division would be delighted not sullen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here