Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood is not good enough for the Championship....

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Three and a bit pages of complete drivel about a player who isn't even ours ! Agree he's not good enough, it will cost us 3 million at least to buy him, so we say 'thanks, but no thanks' and give him back to Hodgson, who probably doesn't even know he's got him! That's life. On the subject of replacements, I would pursue the likes of Akinde, Tranmere striker (oyumune?) or someone of that ilk who will scare the shit out of opposing defenders, which, to a certain extent, they did to us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wood has contributed his fair share this season. He's a REALLY young lad and may well come on. If he becomes available at a reasonable price would be well worth a punt as a squad player. IMHO like.

Agreed, people always seem to forget how young players are. He's the same age as Lewis Dunk! I don't think he will be here next season and I agree that he could struggle in the Championship but he's far from shit and I think could have a good career ahead of him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surely because Gus is carefully nurturing him? He said as much and that our Norwegian Wood would be in the first team next season. I think I'd prefer San.....DAZA (copyright Paul Samrah) as 4th choice after Barnes, Murray, Adgestein or even another striker coming in and San....DAZA 5th choice.
I still don't see why he wouldn't be playing now, if he's going to be good enough for next season?
I dunno though cos I've never seen him. But I think even if Murray stays we need to sign someone of similar standard to compete with him and Barnes.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Wood is still young and developing, he needs to work on his upper body and his first touch. He was totally up against it in the first half, because he didn't seem interested. But he got alittle bit better in the second half, should of finished that header at the end. I think we'll definitely strengthen our strikeforce in the summer, and I don't think Woody is going to be part of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is with Wood he hasnt really been the same, I would say a game or two before he went away on intl duty and since he has come back.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Let him develop away from us, perhaps back at West Brom. I don't think there is enough about his game to be good enough. He is fairly slow and for a big man, seems beaten in the air every time.

Edit: wow, my 5,000th post :)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Were you not at the Saints game, Wood had the chance to put us 2 up just after half time and skied it. Apart from the odd penalty, which, give him his due, he has been pretty good at he has not shown anything for his size, no first touch and can't finish. Thanks for your efforts Chris but no thanks next season!

Maybe you weren't there. If you had been you would have seen him being flagged offside!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I am just glad that none of the anti Wood posters on this thread are our Manager.

What is it about our fanbase. Even when things could hardly be any better we have to find someone to pick holes in, and slag off. We really are a fickle bunch.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I am just glad that none of the anti Wood posters on this thread are our Manager.

What is it about our fanbase. Even when things could hardly be any better we have to find someone to pick holes in, and slag off. We really are a fickle bunch.

Sorry Sittingbourne, we shouldn't have an opinion on our players.............it's not being fickle it's looking ahead to next year! And yes I was at the Saints game thanks!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think Wood may have a good future in front of him.

But I dont think he'll be with us next season. I can see three new strikers coming over the summer, leaving only Barnes out of the current crop.

Forwards have been our weakness this season, and with Murray destined for a move away, I can see all new faces leading the line next season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He might have a future at Burton Albion?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

:lol: Lets all just have a love in then! What a fun board this will turn into.

AND I AM SURE that our manager picks holes in every player in every game. And uses it to improve their game. Thats why hes so f***ing good, and why we are top. If he didn't we wouldn't be top and he wouldn't be here.........

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
:lol: Lets all just have a love in then! What a fun board this will turn into.

AND I AM SURE that our manager picks holes in every player in every game. And uses it to improve their game. Thats why hes so f***ing good, and why we are top. If he didn't we wouldn't be top and he wouldn't be here.........

Firstly, it would be quite good to have at least a couple of weeks of celebration without feeling the need to find fault with individual players.

Secondly, Gus is qualified to pick holes in our players whereas I doubt that the majority of the posters on here are.

Nice capitals by the way, really made your point all the more impressive!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
West Brom will bring him on with more coaching, especially as he's only 19. I don't think we'll have him on loan again next season. He has scored some good goals (and penalties) but his form has been missing since his NZ duty in March.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Firstly, it would be quite good to have at least a couple of weeks of celebration without feeling the need to find fault with individual players.

Secondly, Gus is qualified to pick holes in our players whereas I doubt that the majority of the posters on here are.

Nice capitals by the way, really made your point all the more impressive!
Well maybe you should make a request then, and give the dates that no one can make a comment that can't be considered a love in.

Maybe even in that ask everyone to f*** off for a couple of weeks, and ask Gus to be the only poster, as he is the only one qualified to make a comment about a player.

Or maybe just maybe for a week or two dont come on here and celebrate on your own with a box of tissues:tosser:

This is a public board. People are allowed their own opinions. If you dont like to hear them, its not hard to find a solution is it:bigwave:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Well maybe you should make a request then, and give the dates that no one can make a comment that can't be considered a love in.
Maybe even in that ask everyone to f*** off for a couple of weeks, and ask Gus to be the only poster, as he is the only one qualified to make a comment about a player.

Or maybe just maybe for a week or two dont come on here and celebrate on your own with a box of tissues:tosser:

This is a public board. People are allowed their own opinions. If you dont like to hear them, its not hard to find a solution is it:bigwave:

Haha, well said! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here