Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood is not good enough for the Championship....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I like Wood. The loan spell will have done him good. Before he joined us, he had only started 10 matches.

Scored some important goals for us this season and could probably do with a summer break. I'd like to see him comeback next season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If Wood had that chance Barnes scored, Wood would have skyrocketed it. He is poor. He seems a nice lad but he'll never cut it in the Championship, let alone the Premiership with WBA.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Exactly.
While we are getting rid of the deadwood why not Dunk he barely got in the first team all season. And Caskey did nothing in a league 1 team.
Get rid we need better :facepalm:

What are you talking about, whose calling Dunk and Caskey deadwood- they haven't played all Season. Wood has and he has been mostly shit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He will be a good player and has looked a good player this season. When up top with Murray it brings the best out of him (as it does with Barnes). If he is with us next season I have my doubts but to say he is not good enough for league 1 is balls

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If Wood had that chance Barnes scored, Wood would have skyrocketed it. He is poor. He seems a nice lad but he'll never cut it in the Championship, let alone the Premiership with WBA.

That is a ridiculous statement. Apart from being impossible to prove, you are being overly harsh.

He has played an integral role in helping us runaway as leaders. I don't think he has been so good since he returned from China, but certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he is currently receiving. Looks better when playing with Murray, as do most of the team.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
That is a ridiculous statement. Apart from being impossible to prove, you are being overly harsh.

He has played an integral role in helping us runaway as leaders. I don't think he has been so good since he returned from China, but certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he is currently receiving. Looks better when playing with Murray, as do most of the team.

Were you not at the Saints game, Wood had the chance to put us 2 up just after half time and skied it. Apart from the odd penalty, which, give him his due, he has been pretty good at he has not shown anything for his size, no first touch and can't finish. Thanks for your efforts Chris but no thanks next season!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Were you not at the Saints game, Wood had the chance to put us 2 up just after half time and skied it. Apart from the odd penalty, which, give him his due, he has been pretty good at he has not shown anything for his size, no first touch and can't finish. Thanks for your efforts Chris but no thanks next season!

He doesn't win a thing in the aire either, unless of course it's a free header at which point he'll do his best to contrive missing an open chance on goal.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wood is awful! If you think he's good then please define good? All he does is give the ball away and never hit the target! You either know where the goal is like barnes or you don't like wood! Barnes is quality, he has good movement which I like and he always works hard! Yes wood is young but HE'S NOT EVEN OUR PLAYER! And that's the way it should stay! We don't need him. We need Murray signed! And then get another proper goal scorer! Like mckail smith! goals win you games! Not some 19 year old fat lump who might get better in time. Do me a favour! We might be back in league 1 by then!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Sort of. I was standing outside and could only see 15% of the pitch :lolol:

I think people are being overly critical. Of course strikers are going to miss chances and I don't think he has reached similar standards since he came back from the Far East, but he has played an important role for the team. Especially partnering Murray when Barnes was badly out of form.

I'd like to see him back. We shall have to wait and see what Gus and West Brom think.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I'm afraid I would have to agree that Woods is just not good enough (based on all his games this season). Barnes, however, could become a very competent Championship player.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sort of. I was standing outside and could only see 15% of the pitch :lolol:

I think people are being overly critical. Of course strikers are going to miss chances and I don't think he has reached similar standards since he came back from the Far East, but he has played an important role for the team. Especially partnering Murray when Barnes was badly out of form.

I'd like to see him back. We shall have to wait and see what Gus and West Brom think.

He hasn't player an important role! Sandaza would have done what wood did but even he might have scored more! I'm sorry but I've watched every home game and a few away and I've found myself slagging him off every game for something! Didn't do that with any of the other players! He's crap and you clearly don't know what a good striker is meant to do! he's the league 1 Emile heskey and even that's an insult to poor Emile.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wood is awful! If you think he's good then please define good? All he does is give the ball away and never hit the target! You either know where the goal is like barnes or you don't like wood! Barnes is quality, he has good movement which I like and he always works hard! Yes wood is young but HE'S NOT EVEN OUR PLAYER! And that's the way it should stay! We don't need him. We need Murray signed! And then get another proper goal scorer! Like mckail smith! goals win you games! Not some 19 year old fat lump who might get better in time. Do me a favour! We might be back in league 1 by then!

What a ridiculous thing to say. If he's fat then I'd better book some liposuction sections pretty quick.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wood isn't good enough, I'm afraid. We need a more pacey striker imo who can actually finish! I thought because of his size he would win lots of flick ons but Murray wins 100x more than him and is obviously a better finisher

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Wood is nowhere near good enough for the championship, what did he honestly do well today? Didn't win one header against their defenders, has no pace or strength, and missed a great chance at the end. Thanks but no thanks.

Forget today when did Wood last have a shot on target,Barnes on the other hand deserves his place HE IS A CHAMPION

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I give up. I don't think it is worth debating.

You think he is a fat lump.

I think he is a decent young player with potential and has done quite well considering this is the first time in his career that he has been playing regularly. Whist his form has dropped of late, he has scored 9 goals in 21 starts for a title winning team.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I agree with majority on this thread, i.e. Wood is not championship standard. Today he was very ineffectual, and contributed almost nothing to the team. Barnes wasn't amazing, but he took his goal well and was much more involved in the general build up play.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wood fails to make anything happen and when he gifted a chance generally misses it, he is not the answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here