Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I am in the key demographic, and it just annoys me. This morning, I was woken up with inane parodies of songs replacing the lyrics with the word 'migraine'. I don't want that kind of drivel when I'm waking up in the morning.

I would listen to the local radio, but the playlists are soooo limited, it gets boring. Can't beat a bit of radio 4 to help me sleep. Shipping forecast all the way.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
another ignorant, crass dj who knows nothing about music. just the ticket for the brain-dead society of which i am embarrassed to be a part.

xfm's heading that way. bbc6 is the only music radio station worth listening to.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Radio gets me angry.

The day Radio 1 replaced Mark and Lard was the day I stopped listening. Bigedy bigedy bong. So it is.

I loved Mark and Lard but they really did struggle when they moved to the morning and afternoon slots. Their evening show though was probably my favourite radio show ever. Full of good music, poetry and good gags.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I read Moyles first autobiography and was sufficiently interested to start listening to Radio One again. I when I listen to the radio it's usually the likes of XFM and so on. Now I know I am way older than their target audience although I'm sure I'm sounding like my parents used to I did stop listening pretty quickly as I found the dialog just a load of inane drivel. What annoys me about people like Moyles is that they think that their Northern heritage makes them in some way superior to people from other parts of the country particularly the South. To me all it does is reinforce my opinion that they suffer from a well founded inferiority complex.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And millions of f*** wits read The Sun so you can argue with ratings. He embodies everything that is wrong with Britain in my opinion. A fat over weight man full of bluster and self importance with little talent.

The correct answer, music radio for music and talk radio for talk not too difficult is it. Moyles is a talentless knob - fact!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My missus used to drink with Moyles around Belsize Park. Seemingly he is a very nice guy and quite laid back off air. His persona on his show is making him millions so why change it. Plus you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot listening to Radio 1 (though it is fun to moan about it, as I have done in the past).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ratings, ratings, ratings.

To be honest though, were it not for the fact that Radio One is about the only chart music radio station available nationwide (on FM) it's the main factor in it's ratings. For example Radio Three falls woefully behind Classic FM in that genre's ratings. Classic FM of course is available nationwide on FM.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest though, were it not for the fact that Radio One is about the only chart music radio station available nationwide (on FM) it's the main factor in it's ratings. For example Radio Three falls woefully behind Classic FM in that genre's ratings. Classic FM of course is available nationwide on FM.

But he did pretty much save the breakfast show when he took it over after their ratings plummeted.

To be fiar to him, his show when it was on in the very early hours on Radio 1 was excellent. He played more tunes and didn't have all his back up team with him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well jog on Questions you boring, racist, friendless cock sucker. Frank and I are best of CHUMS these days. :bigwave:

This is true (even though he is sleeping with my fiancee !)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
there is a radio sation on digital called Gaydar and regardless of the title has some blinding tunes on it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here